Miller Lake New Years day 2018

traNsplantEdneWFie

Happy New Year! 

After several hotel bookings in Bracebridge, Midland and Parry Sound, I switched my plans and went to Miller Lake. There's tons of snow up here!

The lake itself I'm not sure is safe. It looks to be frozen over and there are people skiing close to the shore and some sled tracks but no one is going across the middle. 

Just south of here towards Lions Head you can pick up the trail but riding the snow covered roads out of Miller Lake to hwy 6. The pictures speak for themselves. Surprisingly I met no one on the trails even though I spent nearly two hours on it. 

A great start to 2018 for sure. 

MOV_0081.mp4

Cool, i have been wanting to get up to the Bruce for years now, Might actually be able to get there this year!   Where did u stay at miller lake?  Always looking for descent accommodation 

1 hour ago, RCR said:

Cool, i have been wanting to get up to the Bruce for years now, Might actually be able to get there this year!   Where did u stay at miller lake?  Always looking for descent accommodation 

My sister has a cottage here. They rent it out but not in the winter due to the difficulty in keeping it winterized. 

I was in the Lions Head area at a friends cottage last night and was shocked with the snow up there.    

Love that area.  But shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh we don't want everyone up there with us. 

15 minutes ago, extreme600 said:

Love that area.  But shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh we don't want everyone up there with us. 

Capture.thumb.PNG.95d5cff7630b409828b5e1f2195c49de.PNG

Slightly out of date signature there ;)

Archived