Not a good day to go sledding

soupkids

One a positive note I made news nationally 

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/sudbury/snowmobile-accident-capreol-1.4469302.

Local

http://www.thesudburystar.com/2018/01/01/trails-not-safe-sudbury-police-warn

It's is amazing how the media can totally twist things around.

Non of what is said in either report is correct, not even close

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, soupkids said:

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/sudbury/snowmobile-accident-capreol-1.4469302.

Local

did they charge with with dangerous operation? Why were they even called? For insurance reasons?

33 minutes ago, soupkids said:

Local

You go fish it out yet ? 

37 minutes ago, soupkids said:

Local

Its the CBC, fake news.

Glad to hear you're OK & got the sled out. I've never had to deal w/ water yet & hopefully never after to.

16 hours ago, zoso said:

did they charge with with dangerous operation? Why were they even called? For insurance reasons?

Here is the deal on the police thing.

A good friend of mine is an officer and texted me happy New year, I replied with not really and the picture.

He then asked if the police could put it up as a public safety message, I said sure.

Well it took off from there as you can see.

Fake news for sure.

Yes the sled is out and at the dealer.

1 hour ago, soupkids said:

Here is the deal on the police thing.

A good friend of mine is an officer and texted me happy New year, I replied with not really and the picture.

He then asked if the police could put it up as a public safety message, I said sure.

Well it took off from there as you can see.

Fake news for sure.

Yes the sled is out and at the dealer.

LOL, never trust the in laws.

Got some good news on 3 fronts today.

1. Sled is covered by insurance - deductible $500

2. Found an insurer that will cover me when my current policy expires for minimally more than I was paying.

3. Finally got or billing situation straightened out with Bell and Fibreop 

Pretty good day in all.

Glad to hear, end up with not to much lost.

9 hours ago, soupkids said:

2. Found an insurer that will cover me when my current policy expires for minimally more than I was paying.

Pretty good day in all.

Glad to hear it's working out, Soup. 

9 hours ago, soupkids said:

Pretty good day in all.

Great news so cover sled under collision when it falls thru the ice or under compreshive coverage. 

10 hours ago, soupkids said:

Pretty good day in all.

It is about time you got a break!  Congratulations!

47 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

Great news so cover sled under collision when it falls thru the ice or under compreshive coverage. 

My policy was all perils less collision or upset.

Soup I'll buy that sled off you for the $500 deductible.

Iangj, you would have to buy it back at the wrecker's fee. I've gone through this before with the sled I'm currently still riding and mine burnt about 6 years ago.

Soup, I'll up Iangj's offer and buy it for the wrecker's fee that you would need to buy it for. There is NOTHING wrong with this sled. I'd have it trail ready in less than a day.

1 hour ago, flash 800 said:

Iangj, you would have to buy it back at the wrecker's fee. I've gone through this before with the sled I'm currently still riding and mine burnt about 6 years ago.

Soup, I'll up Iangj's offer and buy it for the wrecker's fee that you would need to buy it for. There is NOTHING wrong with this sled. I'd have it trail ready in less than a day.

I agree that the sled would be fairly easy to have it running 100% but the problem you would have in ontario is if the insurance wrights off a vehicle for flood damage it can no longer be licensed or even have an ownership. I found this out when I came across a good deal on some harleys from Texas, flood damaged vehicles cannot be repaired and licensed in Ontario.

1 hour ago, northstar said:

I agree that the sled would be fairly easy to have it running 100% but the problem you would have in ontario is if the insurance wrights off a vehicle for flood damage it can no longer be licensed or even have an ownership. I found this out when I came across a good deal on some harleys from Texas, flood damaged vehicles cannot be repaired and licensed in Ontario.

Not the case. All fire and flood vehicles that are imported get branded irreparable, if it was to happen here, it would depend on what it is branded as, this sled could become branded as salvage and thus be registered as rebuilt once repaired. Where this gets even more odd, is with sleds there is no safety required to plate them and unlike bikes or cars and trucks there is no mention of them in the legislation at all. perhaps somebody that has bought back a written off sled can chime in and tell us if it was branded at all and if so who inspected it after the repairs and what that inspection would even entail being there are no guidelines for one.

1 hour ago, zoso said:

Not the case. All fire and flood vehicles that are imported get branded irreparable, if it was to happen here, it would depend on what it is branded as, this sled could become branded as salvage and thus be registered as rebuilt once repaired. Where this gets even more odd, is with sleds there is no safety required to plate them and unlike bikes or cars and trucks there is no mention of them in the legislation at all. perhaps somebody that has bought back a written off sled can chime in and tell us if it was branded at all and if so who inspected it after the repairs and what that inspection would even entail being there are no guidelines for one.

I was told last summer by a gentleman who rebuilds and sells a number of totaled sleds each year that there is no branding on snowmobiles.

2 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I was told last summer by a gentleman who rebuilds and sells a number of totaled sleds each year that there is no branding on snowmobiles.

Cool, then I guess Soup should inquire as to the buyback. I believe under the law he has first right of refusal. 

9 minutes ago, zoso said:

Cool, then I guess Soup should inquire as to the buyback. I believe under the law he has first right of refusal. 

Yes but only if the insurance company decides to write it off. I don't think Soup has mentioned on here that it's a write off yet.

7 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Yes but only if the insurance company decides to write it off. I don't think Soup has mentioned on here that it's a write off yet.

When the msrp of all those electronics comes in...it should be a write off. i think the ecm is 2 grand.

Archived