Not a good day to go sledding

soupkids

Got all of 10 km from the truck then this.

20171231_131857.jpg

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ouch... how do you get out of that? Obviously you made it out but with the temps that water would be damned cold.

Doubly bad at these temperatures. I sure hope you weren't alone when that happened. Not that bad in spring temps with riding buddies and tow straps.

Whatcha doing in there Soup? Where you trying to pack that trail? Looks like it needs a few more days. Is that supposed to be the trail in the picture or does the trail cross it and we can't see it. Either way it sucks. Hope you are ok.

Woah. I have to disagree was a fantastic day to get out.....but I'd say the same if that had happened to me.  Hope you and sled ok. Definitely got a bunch of us hanging.  How did you end up in the soup...Soup.?

Glad ur ok

2 hours ago, Wyatt said:

I'd panic... was this on a trail or off trail?

Considering there's running water and rocks visible under the surface I'd suspect it's off trail.... at least the sled is ....

That's a dilly of a pickle for sure .... I'll bet your back is gonna love you tomorrow. 

Sudbury trails are all still closed and with soup's unfortunate incident, we know why. 

Hopefully he was able to get it out before it freezes in place and becomes an impossible task. With way that water looks, would be a difficult recovery no doubt. 

Hope your safe and sound Soup i do see a tow rope on the track/skid/tail of the sled in that pic hope you got her out and no major damage!

I read on another FB page that Soupkid is OK.  He was out trying to find a reroute for a trail when this happened....

1 hour ago, barberch said:

I read on another FB page that Soupkid is OK.  He was out trying to find a reroute for a trail when this happened....

Thanks for the info.... sketchy down there still I guess. 

I woul have been very surprised to learn that he was gonna try running that river without a boat ..... he's smarter than that.....

apparently that isn't a river at all but a washout where the river was backed up

2 hours ago, Viperules700 said:

Sudbury trails are all still closed and with soup's unfortunate incident, we know why. 

Hopefully he was able to get it out before it freezes in place and becomes an impossible task. With way that water looks, would be a difficult recovery no doubt. 

So he was riding on closed trails ? 

5 minutes ago, SRXChris said:

So he was riding on closed trails ? 

thats how the guys that are volunteers and part of the club get the trails open. They have to inspect them first

This must have something to do with the flood on C trail. the north river has flooded due to an ice jam. Where kevin is stuck looks like a river. Don;t worry about kevin, he could swim laps in there then walk home naked.

Just a quick update.

I'm fine, my son insisted I get looked at by professionals.

He called 911 as I had spent 30 to 40 minutes  in the water trying to recover the sled.

EMS checked me out, other than raised BP all good.

Now to the sled and the story behind it.

Sled is still in the water, recovery effort tomorrow, I figure it will be a right off.

Sled is under water, all you can see is the windshield. 

Here are the circumstances. 

C trail north is closed due to this spot.

We (son and a friend came along) where checking to see where the ice dam was to see if it was possiable to remove the dam or once again reroute the trail.

The trail initially  had a couple on inches of flowing water on it.

When the sled broke through I hammered the flipper but the belt had already got wet so down it went.

We tried to get it out but only managed to get it deeper in the water.

If anybody wants to help in the recovery we are meeting  at the Tim's in Capreol  at 11 am.

5 hours ago, ZR SLEDHEAD said:

Hurts to even look at the pic. Glad your ok other than cold.

X2

Reminds me of splashing thru a slush filled creek near Earlton.

4 minutes ago, revrnd said:

X2

Reminds me of splashing thru a slush filled creek near Earlton.

I wish it was only a creek.

Archived