Need More Snow

ToSlow

13 hours ago, ToSlow said:

We are in much need of more snow in the Mount Forest area, mostly what came is wind blown off the fields. here's to hoping for some lake streamers

Same thing happened to us too. What is Durham like? 

2 hours ago, Viperules700 said:

Same thing happened to us too. What is Durham like? 

Durham was great yesterday. Over to Markdale, up to Owen Sound, over towards Blue Mountains, all good and little traffic. I'm sure this weekend will be busy, lots of trailers heading North on my drive home!

IMG_20171229_1428386.jpg

IMG_20171229_1428157.jpg

IMG_20171229_1154427.jpg

Where did you drop for the day. Was thinking at golf course (homestead resort for middle of next week) hoping to make a run to tobermory for a night and back? 

11 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

Where did you drop for the day. Was thinking at golf course (homestead resort for middle of next week) hoping to make a run to tobermory for a night and back? 

Homestead is good, or turn where Esso gas station is and park in the industrial area at the end of the road where the trails meets. You can also park behind Tim Hortons in the truck parking lot. For overnight I would personally park at Homestead. Looks like you are in Baden, we need more snow!!

4 minutes ago, OntSledder said:

Homestead is good, or turn where Esso gas station is and park in the industrial area at the end of the road where the trails meets. You can also park behind Tim Hortons in the truck parking lot. For overnight I would personally park at Homestead. Looks like you are in Baden, we need more snow!!

Homestead has been good to me. Eat resultant ask him if I can park there for night and all is good usually. Haven't been there for three years, so hopefully restaurant is still open. 

We need more snow in baden. Went to Exeter yesterday and not much snow over there either. Tavistock and Shakespeare have decent snow coverage though and fields look decent in that narrow area. 

Yes, Homestead is a great place for sledders. We use to rent cabins back in the 90's- early 2000's and stay for the weekend a few times each year. We'd have no snow here and they'd have open trails there! I don't think Gary(?) is there any longer, I think his son (?) may have taken over. Great place to park for the day and great old barn (literally) to have a bite to eat and warm up.

Archived