Baysville/ pine springs

Muskoka Man

P Looks like  some serious logging south of baysville this season .this is pine springs rd .AKA .black river rd .may bomb around on the skandic on the holidays to see how far in there going but looks to be a big set up .

20171222_124658.jpg

Thinking B willl be toast but not sure as of yet,it’s the same logging company as years past ,with baysville express closed because of the bridge game that’s been lingering on ,things could be crap for this rd section linking 2 clubs together 

2 hours ago, stoney said:

So the B trail will be toast.....

I am thinking that area had a decent sized logging operation going on 2 years ago as well.

2014 during our RAN tour as well

The logging is growing the the area as they harvest in new sections. I winter camp in the area and it may not be possible this year. They ploughed Black River road pretty good in sections last year. Although it was a wet season last year. Lots of new skidder trails in the area. Some new flooded out area's in the spring on BRR too.

RR

Have the skandics loaded up .going for a early morn tour to see how far the logging goes 

On 12/22/2017 at 8:12 PM, Muskoka Man said:

P Looks like  some serious logging south of baysville this season .this is pine springs rd .AKA .black river rd .may bomb around on the skandic on the holidays to see how far in there going but looks to be a big set up .

20171222_124658.jpg

Isn't that sign more or less permanent? I seem to recall seeing it this summer when I drove thru there.

Yup it’s there for awhile ,we are heading on the skandics in a bit and explore where they are back in there ,there is a section of the old B trial that if they re opened it would take them around a lot of the logging ,but it is a hard go ,not sure how much help the happy wanderers have this year ,the trail is part of the Halliburton ATV club also so it may be somewhat cleared of blowdown ,the loggers have been blasting the rock off of the sharp corners on the road so they are there for a bit :(

Just putting ice screws on the Tundra today or I would join you. I know down near  Cider Lk they were cutting and staging logs 3 weeks ago. Still no bridge through Big Wind.

RR

Seems they are in the old B trail logging now .seems only pine springs rd itself is plowed down  but no other stuff .this may be good 

20171224_095439.jpg

20171224_093507.jpg

20171224_085319.jpg

Archived