What is BRP Thinking?

revrnd

Does someone in BRP's design studio moonlight as a truck driver:

ren_XRS_greenstudio.jpg

Camions%20avec%20boites.jpg

A friend of mine that is a trucker says there is a different interpretation of the company name, SGT.

5 minutes ago, zoso said:

They look like they belong in a lego movie.

I don't remember lime green Lego blocks when I was a kid. You must be younger than me.

3 minutes ago, revrnd said:

I don't remember lime green Lego blocks when I was a kid. You must be younger than me.

not so much the piss green cat accents, but the hard shape with every edge squared, makes it look like a lego sled. ...and ya, I may be younger than you...most likely don't feel younger though.

4 minutes ago, zoso said:

not so much the piss green cat accents, but the hard shape with every edge squared, makes it look like a lego sled. ...and ya, I may be younger than you...most likely don't feel younger though.

For an outfit that I think won a design award for the SS25, the whole angular blocky styling does nothing for me. Looking @ the windshields, I hope they have seen some wind tunnel time to 'steer' the wind away from the rider. Looks as effective as this blast from the past:

image_url-111588-1342761009.jpg

Switched up w/ a friend while riding up near Coniston (I had a '90 Mach 1). The temps never got above 0* F & I felt like a popsicle from the chest up.

4 minutes ago, revrnd said:

For an outfit that I think won a design award for the SS25, the whole angular blocky styling does nothing for me. Looking @ the windshields, I hope they have seen some wind tunnel time to 'steer' the wind away from the rider. Looks as effective as this blast from the past:

image_url-111588-1342761009.jpg

Switched up w/ a friend while riding up near Coniston (I had a '90 Mach 1). The temps never got above 0* F & I felt like a popsicle from the chest up.

My kid used to make me ride her sled anytime it was -20 or colder...she would whine till I gave in. BUT did not want a high windscreen because she did not like the look.1.PNG.ad2aad041b82018da125b075a6378051.PNG

My old Cat Jag Z1 had an adjustable height windshield. It was great . I don't know why they stopped making them.

11 hours ago, zoso said:

My kid used to make me ride her sled anytime it was -20 or colder...she would whine till I gave in. BUT did not want a high windscreen because she did not like the look.1.PNG.ad2aad041b82018da125b075a6378051.PNG

No way I would give in ... if there's a taller windshield I'd put it on and keep my own sled.  Fiddled trying to find a proper height windshield for my Formula Deluxe, found a mid height that I found perfect.  Still have the low and tall versions, just in case.  My son rides it now, and if we're to do a long tour in cold weather I'll switch it out, for the 2 minutes it takes.

It came with an ultra-low similar to the Mach above, that lasted about 3 km of riding ... I can't do it, and it looks stupid anyways.

12 hours ago, revrnd said:

Does someone in BRP's design studio moonlight as a truck driver:

ren_XRS_greenstudio.jpg

Camions%20avec%20boites.jpg

A friend of mine that is a trucker says there is a different interpretation of the company name, SGT.

I will be skipping that bodystyle for sure

Archived