I think I’ve been converted...

Baylaker

GRIFF thats quite a package .do tell more

Addemum

sorry baylaker and fellow readers spring package only for handlebar adjustment, mxzx for sure consult dealer for add on equipment for your model

12 minutes ago, GrizzlyGriff said:

Ha Ha ..I will finally put this to rest when I get my 270hp race tune  lol

Its a beast stock, but an entire different animal with the 270 race tune!!

Gather round boys and girls I have a Christmas story to tell. Years ago Manufactures used to and still do put big block high HP performance  motors in chassis no matter the vehicle  that while drive straight and true leave something to be desired when going around corners.Alas most MFG continue to this day to promote top HP and top mph while relegating handling to the dustbin and why not speed sells .No Cats or Poo were mistreated  ,bused or harmed in any way in the making of this public service

last year he was riding a zx chassis swearing he'd never have a tall sled lol

There's no way I would spend 3K on shocks.  This coming summer, mine come off and go to Drayton for a re-valve since they will need an oil change anyway.  After that I can re-build them myself once the progressive valve secret is in there, and I will map out the shim change.  I don't bottom my sled because Old Farts like me are too stiff to drive like you, and no shocks will fix that.

BP

Its my toy  Just having fun

On ‎2017‎-‎12‎-‎18 at 2:00 PM, Viperules700 said:

So what is fuel range like on an 850? Any ball park numbers? 

This is my second year with the 850. Last year I would average between 200-275km per tank, obviously depending on the trail of the day.

Mostly rail bed with a few detours doing spirited riding i could easily get 250km+. Never pushed it right to E either.

15 hours ago, GrizzlyGriff said:

last year he was riding a zx chassis swearing he'd never have a tall sled lol

I'm coming off an S-chassis 670 onto a MXz 800 2015 XS chassis.  bypassed 4 generations of Doo's.  The 670 will corner better than my MXz any day of the week, but my back likes the XS sled WAAyyyyy better.

3 hours ago, Duradoo said:

This is my second year with the 850. Last year I would average between 200-275km per tank, obviously depending on the trail of the day.

Mostly rail bed with a few detours doing spirited riding i could easily get 250km+. Never pushed it right to E either.

I did 220km last year on break-in between 2 rides.  Did 160 km on 23L of fuel after gassing up last night (now off break-in).  Calculated to 35 liters, it should do 243 km leaving a gallon left in the tank.  Bossman says the 850 is better yet (Rene X 2017).  I can sure live with that .....

2 hours ago, Denis007 said:

I'm coming off an S-chassis 670 onto a MXz 800 2015 XS chassis.  bypassed 4 generations of Doo's.  The 670 will corner better than my MXz any day of the week, but my back likes the XS sled WAAyyyyy better.

I

I would agree. Many older sleds will corner better than the new equipment. The old zr440/570's would hardly even lift a ski while cornering, no matter how hard it bit in. For corners, lower is faster. But I still prefer the ride of the newer stuff.

Archived