I think I’ve been converted...

Baylaker

So my new skidoo is incredible in every way. I’m just beginning to learn how to really dial it in, luckily I have friends with doos that know their way around them. It’s my first skidoo ever coming off of a yamaha for years. This thing lifts the skis with ease at half throttle with the wife on the back, and I’m still breaking it in. I couldn’t believe how much pull it has and how smooth it is. Very similar to the sidewinder powerwise, only the ride is WAY smoother. I’m very impressed with this sled, and I can’t wait to leave the wife at home and get a better feel for it! Lol if anybody is thinking about making the switch to an 850, don’t hesitate, I think you’ll probably enjoy it as much as I am!

So what is fuel range like on an 850? Any ball park numbers? 

After riding a Skidoo for one year, I'm converted too!  The ride is so much better than any of my Yammys have ever been.  I want to see how those 850s hold up over time before I make the switch back to a 2 stroke though.

Broken connecting rods were cutting the engine in half last year.  Mostly in New Brunswick where there was snow.  Maybe that's fixed now.

BP

2 hours ago, Kpetrorenegade said:

I’m new to this site so if anyone looking to ride in the Lindsay to Halliburton area I’d be up for meeting

some new riders.

Id be interested riding the rail trail, was thinking maybe 26th or 27th,....  hopefully it's opens sooner rather than later, 

cheers 

mike 

I hear it really wakes up after breakin. Fuel mileage is very good according to the gauge. Don’t have any rough numbers though...

Sounds like a nice sled.

4 hours ago, Kpetrorenegade said:

I agree! I have the same sled and absolutely love it so far. I’m new to this site so if anyone looking to ride in the Lindsay to Halliburton area I’d be up for meeting

some new riders.

Welcome to the site. I live in the Bobcaygeon area and am always looking for weekday rides

4 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

Image result for excellent

Hahahaha! Smithers...

Capture1.JPG.fa60b16ee8685113760715f90c14636d.JPG

Lol idk 02, this renny is pretty amazing! My viper was a great sled, but it was heavier in the twisties, and used to bottom out on some harder hits. I will miss the heated seat though. That was a really nice feature and all sleds should come standard with it. 

X package shocks on this renny are incredible, and you just don’t bottom out. Even with the wife on the back we were on some whooped out sections on Saturday and it soaked it all up easily...honestly I was very suprised.

1 hour ago, Baylaker said:

Lol idk 02, this renny is pretty amazing! My viper was a great sled, but it was heavier in the twisties, and used to bottom out on some harder hits. I will miss the heated seat though. That was a really nice feature and all sleds should come standard with it. 

X package shocks on this renny are incredible, and you just don’t bottom out. Even with the wife on the back we were on some whooped out sections on Saturday and it soaked it all up easily...honestly I was very suprised.

I would think you would need to compare it to a new Cat 800 to be a fair comparison though. Of course the Viper was heavier in the twisties. There is an extra 40lb over the skis.

Glad to hear you like the sled. Cousin went from Cat 800's to the 850. Thought it was great until the engine blew. Not sure if he stayed with it or went back green.

Ive got an 18 cat 8000 RR. and recently rode my neighbours new 850 xrs. I bleed green, however... the doo just does  everything better. I still prefer the cat front end. But that g4 chassis and 850 is a winning combination. Nice purchase baylaker, great sleds. Enjoy.

My viper was the ltx dx model and it was a pretty plush ride on groomed trails, and could take some hits...but some bigger hits it would bottom out and come right up through the bars into your upper core....enough to make you shake your head to try and straighten out your eyeballs! Ha!

dont get me wrong the viper was a great trail sled but your right, the 850 does everything better..

You were driving too fast.

Thanks.  You just cost me 3 grand.  My buddy has a new 850 and was telling me at our age I would prefer the 850 over my Sidewinder.  He said..."see.  Look any what Baylaker posted"  So now I have ordered new shocks just to keep him quiet  lol

Im going to enjoy those new shocks when your riding my sled. 

33 minutes ago, GrizzlyGriff said:

Thanks.  You just cost me 3 grand.  My buddy has a new 850 and was telling me at our age I would prefer the 850 over my Sidewinder.  He said..."see.  Look any what Baylaker posted"  So now I have ordered new shocks just to keep him quiet  lol

Hahahaha! It’s not too late to make the switch! Send the shocks back and trade in the winder, cut your losses now lol

35 minutes ago, GrizzlyGriff said:

wow... new shocks cost $3K ouch

BTW Baylaker once you get some quality seat time in that machine im sure you'll  be that much more impressed. It rides like a normal sled in a neutral skid position soft   till you throw the handlebars full forward move up to the front of the seat as far as possible and i doubt you'll have to lean  much to lead if desired

Ha Ha ..I will finally put this to rest when I get my 270hp race tune  lol

Archived