Major C TRAIL change in Sudbury

soupkids

The new trail looks straighter and quicker than the old trail.

Most riders head north up C out of rockies due to fuel, and ease of access across the lake. So it will be shorter now, and much better. This trail is way better than what it was moved to when the logging started. We ran it a few times when the loggers were off it and it had a ton of snow on it. Big time fun running up there in a fresh foot of snow. One time late season groomer was broken so we ran to shining tree up the old c in powder and made the mistake of taking the official c back down as it was not groomed for two weeks and pretty rough. Still a great day. I sure liked the old c best and I am sure most will agree it is way better than what it was moved to. the Nickel Belt  club does an awesome job keeping that trail open and moving around as the logging operation hold all the cards up there.

On December 13, 2017 at 8:12 PM, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Is it always open?? The following was posted on this forum last Feb. 9th.

"Tata may be difficult as owners, one passed away and other has had health issues. I believe their son has helped out but not certain of current status."

I beilieve that post was from a few years ago.

It's always open and Dick the owner has always been there. I do still call ahead which I usually do when planning stops at resorts and such. 

On December 13, 2017 at 8:12 PM, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Is it always open?? The following was posted on this forum last Feb. 9th.

"Tata may be difficult as owners, one passed away and other has had health issues. I believe their son has helped out but not certain of current status."

I beilieve that post was from a few years ago.

It's always open and Dick the owner has always been there. I do still call ahead which I usually do when planning stops at resorts and such. 

• 3 weeks later...

C trail is still closed due to water overflowing the trail.

NBSS is working hard with MNR to find  a way around.

Archived