Apsley Notes 2018 Season

revrnd

Logging along the E107 commenced in early Nov'. Looks to be for at least 4 kilometers south from the Sharpe's Bay/Jack's Lake Road towards the SLSR 704 intersection. From what they have cut and the trees that are marked, the logging will be taking place for quite a while.

Also due to landowner changes there will be no trail access to the Swiss Bear.

If anyone is sledding across Tallan Lake this winter, there are two swimming docks out in the lake. I know 1 of them has been left out in the past (azzhat) but I wasn't aware of the dock closer to the north shore.

Some unfortunate news from Paudash:

Trails update:
As a result of ATV's trespassing on a section of the E110 near Faraday road, we have just been informed we have lost access on a important section of the trail.  We are currently scrambling to see how we can work around this section.  

E trail detour.  The single most important project and believe it or not the permit we are waiting for from the MNR has still not be received.  This has been on going for over 2 years and we have been in constant contact this entire time.  Very frustrating.

Keep tuned in for ongoing updates as the season progresses and visit our Facebook page and web site for additional info.

• 3 weeks later...

PTB 631 trail into the Swiss Bear is now closed. Please respect the landowner's wishes & not attempt to use the trail.

• 1 month later...

Be aware that Hydro One will be working along E107 between Apsley and the Highway 28 road crossing near Jeff Road. They will be removing the old pole line. The dates are February 20th to March 8th. Please be careful when passing thru this area. I know one benefit will be the elimination of a guy wire south of Tucker Road that close to the trail.

Chandos has been staked. 

Groomer had been down from TOP E to Chandos on Tues' night.

Archived