02Sled

Just watching the Barrie news. Lo and behold, the first of the season. Emergency crews attended a snowmobile crash near Coldwater on Town Line Rd. He was rushed to hospital after his snowmobile rolled over. Why oh why can't people be patient.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont know why sledders have a bad name 

Unbelievable 

Talking to my friend that I fixed the recoil adapter for on Thursday. He said a guy had been bugging him to look @ the clutches on his '92 Safari LC. I said what's the hurry we've only got 2" of snow on the ground? "he's got his trails to groom".

Then I got to thinking today, that the guy would probably wind up as a statistic as he lives on a dead end dirt road. When he got the sled back he'd probably have to take it for a rip.

Wow  Bleak topic. Just too real tho

Too early for bad news

Be safe

On 12/9/2017 at 10:44 PM, IQ TURBO said:

Only a matter of time. How long before the first to be thru the ice..

My brother said he saw 2 sleds running the East shore of Lake Scugog yesterday by View Lake!  Absolute insanity!  

1 hour ago, Turbo Burgo said:

My brother said he saw 2 sleds running the East shore of Lake Scugog yesterday by View Lake!  Absolute insanity!  

There will probably be people wanting to fish Couchiching by the weekend.

Saw a post on Fb today about a kid that was riding on Georgian Bay and posted a video of it. Unfrigginbelievable. And he was bragging about it no less.

1 hour ago, Turbo Burgo said:

The wife and i were there at the end of march in 2016. I couldn't believe it, but there was a guy riding the east shore in Port Perry. The lake was wide open except for about 20 or 30 ft. from shore.

Oh well so it continues. Barrie news leads off with the snowmobile trails in the Wasaga area being open limited indicating they are not ideal. Then quickly show a snowmobile buried in a marsh where it went through some not so thick ice. Nobody was around and the OPP are now waiting for someone to come forward and claim the sled. Then they show the tracks of sleds going across the ice of a small lake and mention a 60 year old man going through the ice and now being treated for hypothermia. At least there weren't any casualties in the news.

They round it out with... stay off the rivers and ice.

Keep safe everyone. Your family wants you to come home.

This. will be  common in the next few weeks as the clowns are getting all reved up to ride and don’t think unfortunately

i made a trail from my house to the TCPL ,have had a few sleds go right by my 3 signs saying no trespassing and come into my yard

only had the trail open for a few days now ,they will never change 

6 minutes ago, Muskoka Man said:

This. will be  common in the next few weeks as the clowns are getting all reved up to ride and don’t think unfortunately

i made a trail from my house to the TCPL ,have had a few sleds go right by my 3 signs saying no trespassing and come into my yard

only had the trail open for a few days now ,they will never change 

Too bad there isn't a one way trap for your sled trail like they have for parking lots. You know the ones where if you go in the in the spikes are angled in the right direction and bend down. If you try to go out the in without paying the spikes puncture your tires.

I saw someone do that once. Popped all 4 tires on the car.... a whole lot more expensive than paying for the parking.

On 12/14/2017 at 5:01 PM, Nunz said:

Saw a post on Fb today about a kid that was riding on Georgian Bay and posted a video of it. Unfrigginbelievable. And he was bragging about it no less.

Someone went across head lake in Haliburton sometime this weekend.  Not very smart!!

7 minutes ago, gobills said:

Someone went across head lake in Haliburton sometime this weekend.  Not very smart!!

First lake to freeze usually. Kids always cross near park street and get off at far end near highschool. I see them ride river portion too. 

Lake Simcoe on the Keswick side has tracks heading out into the bay, there are also tracks on the river under the Queensway, plus there are tracks on the river where #11 crosses over it near Timmies......:headbang:

Some of the sheets of ice that are collecting on the Innisfill side at the shore are actually thicker than I was expecting them to be.....I'd say about 3", so ice progress is good, just not so sure all that safe yet.

I know they are skating on the river - a friend send me some pics of her kids.   She's just south of the Queensville bridge.  I'm sure there are some tracks there too :)  

On 12/14/2017 at 6:20 PM, IQ TURBO said:

I know this is harsh, but hard for me to feel sorry for peeps like this!. You deserve what you get unfortunately..

You're not alone.

5 hours ago, 02Sled said:

Oh well so it continues. Barrie news leads off with the snowmobile trails in the Wasaga area being open limited indicating they are not ideal. Then quickly show a snowmobile buried in a marsh where it went through some not so thick ice. Nobody was around and the OPP are now waiting for someone to come forward and claim the sled. Then they show the tracks of sleds going across the ice of a small lake and mention a 60 year old man going through the ice and now being treated for hypothermia. At least there weren't any casualties in the news.

They round it out with... stay off the rivers and ice.

Keep safe everyone. Your family wants you to come home.

I saw that as well. And sledders wonder why the general public think we're morons. I'm surprised they didn't have 'Guy Smiley' on.

On the bold, "Hello! Wouldn't the sled have registration numbers?"

3 hours ago, stoney said:

Lake Simcoe on the Keswick side has tracks heading out into the bay, there are also tracks on the river under the Queensway, plus there are tracks on the river where #11 crosses over it near Timmies......:headbang:

Some of the sheets of ice that are collecting on the Innisfill side at the shore are actually thicker than I was expecting them to be.....I'd say about 3", so ice progress is good, just not so sure all that safe yet.

My nephew was ice fishing on Simcoe Friday. Said there was 5 inches of ice.

6 hours ago, thetorches said:

My nephew was ice fishing on Simcoe Friday. Said there was 5 inches of ice.

I was actually surprised that there was not more tracks or people that I could see out on the ice.

I am sure that 5" is not consistent across cooks bay.

Over 4 inches of ice on the bay in Rice Lake in front of me.

A neighbour who is usually the first to cross it, bought a Sidewinder this year, so I'm expecting tracks going out any day now!

Archived