Webcams for ride planning:

Blake G

Thought I should revive this thread.

I tried some of the earlier links to see if they still work.

Haliburton Forest Base Camp camera now uses a new link:  https://www.haliburtonforest.com/live-webcam-basecamp-haliburton-forest/

PS: Denis, would you mind slipping over to the Hearst Municipal Airport to wipe the snow off the lense? LOL

Hearst Municipal Airport:  http://www.metcam.navcanada.ca/hb/player.jsp?id=41&cam=94&lang=e

Edited by Blake G
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

How about the Blake cam. You need to get your camera set up blue tooth to transmit live through your cell phone for real time conditions. :grin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/7/2017 at 6:24 PM, GrizzlyGriff said:

Awesome Blake!  Someone pin this please!

great thread!

19 hours ago, Blake G said:

PS: Denis, would you mind slipping over to the Hearst Municipal Airport to wipe the snow off the lense? LOL

Hearst Municipal Airport:  http://www.metcam.navcanada.ca/hb/player.jsp?id=41&cam=94&lang=e

https://www.lookr.com/lookout/1271531102-Hearst

Fixed it for you.  That'll be 1 large double-double, delivered in person, whenever you come through.

• Like 1

It would appear that the webcam on Little Gold Lake (north of Buckhorn, west of Apsley) is gone.

• 1 year later...
31 minutes ago, stoney said:

So, does that mean you are riding this year than? :)

Hope to yes.....lol

Sleds are serviced and read to go. We are out of town until Jan 18 so hoping I can get some riding in from then until end of February.

Plowing has tied me to home for the last couple years but I hired a guy to take over my truck. So far he's been a disappointment.....lol    The skill level he bragged about it his resume and interview is not showing up yet with easy snowfalls. If he hasn't got things figured out by the time I get home in January I might be screwed.

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Hope to yes.....lol

Sleds are serviced and read to go. We are out of town until Jan 18 so hoping I can get some riding in from then until end of February.

Plowing has tied me to home for the last couple years but I hired a guy to take over my truck. So far he's been a disappointment.....lol    The skill level he bragged about it his resume and interview is not showing up yet with easy snowfalls. If he hasn't got things figured out by the time I get home in January I might be screwed.

Great to hear....the girlfriend/wife still up for putting some miles on too?

Good help is so hard to find these days, let alone someone you can trust to get it done without you holding their hand....good luck with the hired help, hopefully he works out.

I am surprised you still plow actually, figured you would have put a stop to that by now...

1 hour ago, stoney said:

Great to hear....the girlfriend/wife still up for putting some miles on too?

Good help is so hard to find these days, let alone someone you can trust to get it done without you holding their hand....good luck with the hired help, hopefully he works out.

I am surprised you still plow actually, figured you would have put a stop to that by now...

She says she is. But she bought a place in Florida a few years ago and is more interested in going there. I have no interest in that. She rented it out from Jan 11 to March 11 this year so we will see what happens.

I still like plowing, I just don't like how it interferes with your life/plans. You're trapped at home. I have an employee who wants to continue plowing for a few years as well and it doesn't make sense to drop down to a single truck. I also have a son who decided to return to University. He has 2 years left and once he gets out in the world with a job and a place to live then I may quit plowing but for now I'm holding spot for him to return to incase his plans fall through.

Then a buddy of mine lost his plowing insurance coverage so I took on his contracts and hired him to come do the work. I bought him a Kabota UTV with a plow and he goes and does his thing each snowfall. He wants to keep this arrangement for a few more years yet.

Or in short I'm still plowing....lol

Edited by Blackstar