OFSC On-line Map Working? Is it just Me?

Laughing Moose

Well back to my memory, paper maps and GoogleMaps.  Navionics is a great app if you are on lakes.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe someone is listening. I just got my Go Snowmobiling email from the OFSC and clicked on the You Tube link for OFSC Go Snowmobiling and there is a video about the ITG

Going to have way points for every intersection come January. Wonder how much that will slow system down. 

the Quebec map isnt much better...and the new itg is simular to it, imo the old itg was perfect with route selection and live time location. all the other featuures or poi were already nthere and worked good also.

58 minutes ago, Pstn head said:

the Quebec map isnt much better...and the new itg is simular to it, imo the old itg was perfect with route selection and live time location. all the other featuures or poi were already nthere and worked good also.

If it ain't broke don't fix it 

13 minutes ago, stoney said:

Just playing with the new map, not bad, I do not see what all the fuss is about.

Its work in progress, so should only get better.

Try and map out a route you want to take I.e. Orillia to Collingwood. It gives you the shortest route only and you can't change it. That blue route line is laid over the trail numbers so you can't even read them.

13 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Try and map out a route you want to take I.e. Orillia to Collingwood. It gives you the shortest route only and you can't change it. That blue route line is laid over the trail numbers so you can't even read them.

The tailored mapping feature is coming, expected by Jan, so that should be resolved.

To get the trail id number, simple click on it with your mouse, box pops up with the trail detail including status, last updated, etc....

Remember when you ride the trails there are actually trail signs posted as well, so between signage on the trail and the guide, you should be able to get where you need to go, plus fuel locations are marked, lodging, etc....

If it is work in progress, does not seem all that bad to me.

Plus, remember your trail route is also detailed on the left with trails number, distance, etc....

5 minutes ago, stoney said:

The tailored mapping feature is coming, expected by Jan, so that should be resolved.

To get the trail id number, simple click on it with your mouse, box pops up with the trail detail including status, last updated, etc....

Remember when you ride the trails there are actually trail signs posted as well, so between signage on the trail and the guide, you should be able to get where you need to go, plus fuel locations are marked, lodging, etc....

If it is work in progress, does not seem all that bad to me.

Plus, remember your trail route is also detailed on the left with trails number, distance, etc....

I have been on some trails that only have a B or an A every 20 Km's inbetween nothing. A few arrows here and there that's about it. Clubs claim locals take down trail numbers, so tourist's have a harder time. An app that shows you your location in real time was a very use full tool. 

7 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

I have been on some trails that only have a B or an A every 20 Km's inbetween nothing. A few arrows here and there that's about it. Clubs claim locals take down trail numbers, so tourist's have a harder time. An app that shows you your location in real time was a very use full tool. 

Will this app on your phone not do that like the old one did.....show you where you are on the trail?

I would assume so, obviously using on a PC will not be the same as a smart phone.

There is great value in making sure you invite that one buddy on your trips that just knows the trails you are riding like the back of his hand :) 

So if you can't plan your own route, and you want to go from point A to point B and the ITG plans the route for you  (which at this point you can't alter it )  with "closed  RED trails along the route that it plotted  what do you do ? Experienced riders will figure it out with paper maps etc., novice and new to the sport will most likely rely on the ITG.  imo it's not very "interactive"  and I also think the "your location pin point" is a must have. 

I honestly do think it will be fixed but I'm definatly not waiting and planing rides as we speak. The snow is flying and the cold is coming and I beilieve the previous ITG should have been left in place for the time being, or maybe have a survey with questions about what can be improved. 

The seson is short, the sport is fragile, this is not helping the cause. 

I think the old app may be dormant. 

Try this:

https://trails.evouala.com/ofsc/

On my Android I went to the three dots at the top right; then selected Add to Home Screen. Now I have an icon on the home screen of my phone.

I’ve got that already. What it doesn’t give you is your current location like the app did. It may not work everywhere but in the south it usually does.  I’ve got Polaris ride command app as well for that feature too. It was nice to see trail status and my location in one app. 

You mentioned that the iPhone app isn't working now. Same with the old Android version - - it quit working in the past week or so.

42 minutes ago, Blake G said:

You mentioned that the iPhone app isn't working now. Same with the old Android version - - it quit working in the past week or so.

The old isnowmobile App retired. It won't work with the new Evoula map.

A new App is in the early stages of development, but won't be available for this season from what I have been told. 

I was told to delete the old Isnowmobile App... 

Thank you. Will delete it.

Still work to be done to the "work in progress ITG" it seems. Maybe it's just me but one of the big ones would be that as you plan out a route it overlays the existing map base and obscures the trail numbers on the map. You can use the descriptor to the left but that won't necessarily help much just looking at the map.

It seems that perhaps someone hasn't thought through the colour schematics as best they could. I was just looking to see if any of the ESP trails were starting to show limited as a high dry flat old rail bed just may be groomer and rider ready. As my mouse rolls across the map I see a flash of yellow. The first thing that pops into my head is Limited Availability.

I click on the trail and it now shows an overlaid yellow instead of the red. It turns out this is what happens when you simply click on a trail. It gives you the trail information. If you actually read the information box pop up it tells you Unavailable. I anticipate those here will realize it is not yet available however am I wrong in thinking there will be those that don't read the detail and say, aha... a yellow trail... let's go. Perhaps the same people that think an inch of ice on a lake is good to be ridden across.

Capture1.JPG.0e961bcc91cf7b674312a2baba61238b.JPG

02Sled, just posted this in another thread (First Green). The trail shows green on the map (PBR Club) but when you open the dialogue box it shows Unavailable.

Lots of work to do yet.

ITG Screen shot.jpeg

The search engine default area could be set up better.

I wanted to search for Mattawa and entered just that Mattawa then got this

Capture1.JPG.00af430ecab64155cd4e432eb2da14f7.JPG

Rather than start the search in Ontario, after all this if the OFSC it pulls up Mattawa Washington.

I actually had to begin to enter Ontario before our Mattawa came up. It would be much better if the system searched Ontario before the U.S. or at least searched North America and gave both Mattawa Ontario and Mattawa Washington without having to specify Ontario.

Capture1.JPG.658d87bcd4527b390956c54804f7d4e9.JPG

8 hours ago, 02Sled said:

Still work to be done to the "work in progress ITG" it seems. Maybe it's just me but one of the big ones would be that as you plan out a route it overlays the existing map base and obscures the trail numbers on the map. You can use the descriptor to the left but that won't necessarily help much just looking at the map.

It seems that perhaps someone hasn't thought through the colour schematics as best they could. I was just looking to see if any of the ESP trails were starting to show limited as a high dry flat old rail bed just may be groomer and rider ready. As my mouse rolls across the map I see a flash of yellow. The first thing that pops into my head is Limited Availability.

I click on the trail and it now shows an overlaid yellow instead of the red. It turns out this is what happens when you simply click on a trail. It gives you the trail information. If you actually read the information box pop up it tells you Unavailable. I anticipate those here will realize it is not yet available however am I wrong in thinking there will be those that don't read the detail and say, aha... a yellow trail... let's go. Perhaps the same people that think an inch of ice on a lake is good to be ridden across.

Capture1.JPG.0e961bcc91cf7b674312a2baba61238b.JPG

Yes my point exactly 

very very dangerous!!!!!

those in the know like most of us here and those experienced/seasoned riders should know better, but imo my biggest concern is the new to snowmobiling and or family with young children new to snowmobileing father planning a ride...depending on the ITG and God forbid is put in a bad situation.

Just the thought gives me a bad feeling and makes me very upset why the old map couldn't be left in place or the new tested prior to release.

I opened the ITG yesterday and it had three sleds in the upper right hand corner so as to plot a route of your own making. A start, a middle and a finish, you could plot an entire loop or simply a direct route you picked. Now it is gone, I assume they are testing this, and it will be there soon.

With some trails opening now, what I really miss early season is the km amount of trails open. I know prior years I would go on the guide each day when trails were opening fast, and watch the km count rise each day. 

I sure hope they bring that back, nice to see how many kms of trails are open in the Province.

Dan

27 minutes ago, zoso said:

I opened the ITG yesterday and it had three sleds in the upper right hand corner so as to plot a route of your own making. A start, a middle and a finish, you could plot an entire loop or simply a direct route you picked. Now it is gone, I assume they are testing this, and it will be there soon.

Screenshot_20171211-213630.thumb.png.7f659ba7f5a21d9e0e286abc16cfd299.png

Archived