Early snow

WinderFab

4 hours ago, dirtybeacher said:

This morning. 

IMG_3242.JPG

That's a bloody rare thing to see ... a school bus in snow ... usually that's a snow day....

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have a couple cm's here now. They will probably cancel buses tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, Denis007 said:

That's a bloody rare thing to see ... a school bus in snow ... usually that's a snow day....

...which is why he's headed for Tim Horton's

It's prototype Ski doo GTX 2019:D 

Snowing in South Huron, buses all cancelled.

WIN_20171212_08_05_57_Pro.jpg

20 hours ago, Viperules700 said:

Trails are still closed so it isn't legal to ride still is my understanding? If the summer roads aren't part of trail system then they are Legal to ride anytime. This is one reason I know carry 2 million liability. If the trail is closed and you ride it, your ass is on the line if an accident occurs. 

Those are legal roads that he is riding on. So they are not considered trails. They aren't even summer access roads. They just aren't plowed. I looked on maps to confirm what they were.

But I'm not advocating riding now. 

17 hours ago, dirtybeacher said:

This morning. 

IMG_3242.JPG

I think the person driving that school bus is a friend of mine.

21 minutes ago, catinental couch said:

He had want to be a friend O2. If he was an enemy, things could get messy real quick. You don't drive anything as big as that. lol

:rotflmao: I know my pickup isn't anywhere near that big. Actually he was best man at our wedding so hopefully I'm safe. When he retired from a job in sales raising beef cattle wasn't enough to keep him as busy as he would like so he drives a school bus as well.

I called him and it was indeed him driving the bus. Apparently it's a brand new bus too. One that was just delivered this summer.

That's funny. As well as all the other jobs that myself and my wife have imposed on me, I also drive several different buses depending on what needs to be covered. I am also called to duty on electronic diagnosis and repair and A/C work on both company and client units. 

I really need to look up that word in the dictionary. ( retirement )

On 11/12/2017 at 6:08 PM, dirtybeacher said:

This morning. 

IMG_3242.JPG

Looks like our driving conditions here.

at least the buses in your area travel in more than 2" of snow! In the Parry Sound area, it snow more than an inch and shut her down dot com. everyone is afraid of their own shadows.

I would invite you to come out on the road inspections at 4am previous to a Near North snow call for the decisions on whether to run or not. We have buses out at 6am. Perhaps you would like your child trapped on a bus in inclement weather for hours at a time with no hope of help coming. It has been previously stated that our buses were taking students home when even the fire departments would do a double take on whether to go out. The amount of snow has nothing to do with the decision to run, it is the visibility. If snow depth was a problem then we wouldn't have run the buses yesterday when the town of Parry Sound had not plowed the 18 inches of snow that was on the town streets in front if our office until 6.34 am. Three of our buses had already left by that time.

If there is freezing rain and blowing and drifting snow I am 100% a proponent of shutting down buses. But when the weather says there MAY be a chance of snow in the afternoon and the buses get cancelled and nothing materializes like most times, it's difficult. I know, I know, its a liability thing, like everything else these days. We have all lost our big boy pants as a society. In the late 70's and 80's when I rode the bus, the buses usually beat the plows on the road!! Lots of weight and no issues. Only shutting down for freezing rain as they should. 

We were on the road before the plows on Monday. Also the transportation consortium is the boss. If they say we are cancelled then that is the way it has to be. If any buses go out then there is no insurance coverage. Similar to you intentionally driving your car on a road that has been closed. If you get into trouble, the insurance company is not going to help.

1 hour ago, catinental couch said:

We were on the road before the plows on Monday. Also the transportation consortium is the boss. If they say we are cancelled then that is the way it has to be. If any buses go out then there is no insurance coverage. Similar to you intentionally driving your car on a road that has been closed. If you get into trouble, the insurance company is not going to help.

I have been in this situation but not intentionaly.

I ended up getting on to a road (101) from a side road that was not blocked off.

Was plowing thru drifts up to the hood of the car I was driving wondering WTF where are the dam plows.

Cold is here in south minus 16 C this morning. 

WIN_20171213_09_17_57_Pro.thumb.jpg.27b77d08321bf07dac40cbf3626af2de.jpg

On 12/12/2017 at 8:04 AM, Yamatario said:

Snowing in South Huron, buses all cancelled.

WIN_20171212_08_05_57_Pro.jpg

24 hours later.

:) 

WIN_20171213_09_17_57_Pro.jpg

Was up in parry sound area Sunday and Monday, night temps in high -20’c, gonna be cold all week...

seen quite a few sleds on Sunday running the Seguin east of Orrville, no I wasn’t one of them lol, plenty of mud holes but it seemed they didn’t care, guess its good lube for the sliders...

Is the Seguin groomed yet... lol...jk

1E96F29C-F31C-41AF-9567-A1D10408E4D9.jpeg

Should be making some good ice with these temperatures.

Capture1.JPG.545700b1eb76bfaf34d1b63b0750cd89.JPG

View from Honey Harbour Boat Club

Capture1.JPG.65e8408b1dad7535e038c9284cab582c.JPG

5 hours ago, soupkids said:

I have been in this situation but not intentionaly.

I ended up getting on to a road (101) from a side road that was not blocked off.

Was plowing thru drifts up to the hood of the car I was driving wondering WTF where are the dam plows.

That is the same situation with the Crown Victoria we were driving on Sunday except it was on a town street. The exception was that there were no snow drifts. It was just fallen snow.

Not only early snow but lots of cold to go along with it which hopefully will be enough to build some ice and get some frost in the ground.

Capture1.JPG.688d5b96d4ee02e19bf64ba3614b9cdf.JPG

Archived