Early snow

WinderFab

44 minutes ago, reevester said:

In spots. Looks like it's snowing good in spots already. Just have to pack er down and let the frost get to it. I'll take the next couple weeks temp wise for sure. 

she's snowing pretty good right now at Gordon bay marine 

http://www.gordonbayboats.com/boat-webcam-marine-dealership-muskoka-toronto-on--webcam

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the Muskoka webcam. Added it to my folder. Nice boats in the background :)

Thanks 04.

Best I caught was last year on this cam.  Saw a boat coming in in a heavy snowfall.  The guy got out and tried to tie off the boat but couldn't find the cleats.  Ended up throwing a fit and started throwing ropes around.  Ended up getting back in the boat and left.

So far nothing near Kitchener. My pond is still ice free (about 3/4 an acre in size). 

I love it:rolleyes:

Hopefully it will sit in the damp areas and tighten it up when it drops next week

I hear up to 40cm in and around the Parry sound area by tomorrow and 10-15cm on the way Friday and 15-20cm Sunday into Monday.

Sunday and Monday I was in the Parry Sound area and its still very muddy and wet around, all this snow covering the ground isn’t all that good before the cold moves in. 

woke up to around 4" or snow on the ground this morning just east of parry sound.  Currently only -2, but it is supposed to drop in temp a bit today.   Frost is starting to set in on our driveways... hope the snow can hold off for another week as they are calling for some nice cold temperatures around here, and should help firm up some lowlands/swamps...

Between 4 and 5 inches of snow in a sheltered spot in Carling. Almost no snow in the open. The wind blew it away. There was almost no snow here last night. The town of Parry Sound was much worse yesterday afternoon. Snow squalls, wind and complete whiteouts. Nothing in Orillia by 2pm yesterday afternoon. It was a white knuckle drive down there and back though.

Nice little blast last night here in port sydney 

20171207_133934.jpg

Call your local club and ask them why the trails aren't open.... there's snow on the ground...:D No don't do it... just joking. They want to ride as badly as anyone else but my money says they will have people asking the question.

1 hour ago, stoney said:

Very impressive what a day can do!

Snow looks very light & fluffy.....

Sucks for you guys, no frost under that and fluff will insulate ground like crazy. 

9 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

Sucks for you guys, no frost under that and fluff will insulate ground like crazy. 

Have no fear, that late Dec/early Jan thaw will settle that down nice and all the warriors out in the next little bit will pack that down real nice!

Here is a picture of my pond. Very little ice so far, so we need some serious cold to freeze guard and swamps to north. Ground and water is still warm. 

IMG_0027.JPG

and some will be running along the closed trail, hit the marsh / swamp, sink their sled and complain about the conditions

6 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

and some will be running along the closed trail, hit the marsh / swamp, sink their sled and complain about the conditions

I give it until noon Friday before we hear something on news. 

Last year pond was frozen solid by mid december, so we are about three weeks behind I would say in D5. 

The snow is wet and packing .it should flatten down in the next few days .then cold hopefully next week .might take a burn down a logging rd to get my fix 

How much snow in Port Sydney now?

11 minutes ago, Blake G said:

How much snow in Port Sydney now?

If you go can you take some good pics of his drag. I want to make one. 

Archived