Trail 700 and 702

Beating a dead horse again here but, was talking to ridge runners and they keep telling me these are sssc trails. I know I already was bugging Gavin about them but I'm hopeful maybe someone can get an answer if they will open back up or are there other issues rather then passing the torch. I'm certain that both are road allowances so I can't see it being landowner issues. I'm here to help if and when something gets resolved. @Wildbill

@SuperG

21 minutes ago, Wildbill said:

I will bring it up at the district meeting . SSSC will need local help if we are to assume them. Are they Tucker friendly? Wide corners not heavily brushed in and reasonably dry?

I will do everything needed to have them clear, I have a camp on axe lake rd. 700 goes from the Seguin to 518 then up east bear lake rd and then an unmaintained rd to middle rd.

702 runs from middle rd across axe lake rd too the D trail. The Tucker should have to turn around in a open field just before the D trail because of a swamp and tight trail. 702 also ran along west bear lake rd and then it connect to DYW trail 87 but it's been a decade or more since that has been open and no longer connect I believe.

They aren't high traffic areas and when ridge runners did them before it was a once every couple weeks grooming and was perfect. 

Thanks for the reply bill.

Kyle.

Screenshot_20171121-111220.png

6 hours ago, Wildbill said:

Kyle please send me your contact info as well we may ask you to be part of a SSSC meeting. 

Sent you a pm bill. 

39 minutes ago, Wildbill said:

got it thank you it is on the d10 agenda 

Excellent. I'm up this Sunday till Wednesday. I'll go have a look at them then. 

5 minutes ago, Wildbill said:

south seguin meeting monday 7pm tappatoo 

No promises, but I will try and make it. 

3 hours ago, reevester said:

No promises, but I will try and make it. 

Ten dollar taco night at Tappatoo !  We will be discussing this and determining to what extent that we are in . Mag has promised to help open the trail if there is local buy in 

8 hours ago, Wildbill said:

Ten dollar taco night at Tappatoo !  We will be discussing this and determining to what extent that we are in . Mag has promised to help open the trail if there is local buy in 

Sounds good! Cheers.

Will there be any new reroutes in our area this season due to land owners issues or are we good to go?

As for the Liberals what a FN joke just received new changes in labour law.

How did the meeting go @Wildbill ? Sorry I couldn't make it.  was busy all day Monday. Went for a ride today and the 700 from the Seguin to D trail looks good. Some small water holes and it need some brush cleared and some small deadfall moved. I can do that in a couple weeks for sure. There is a gate closer to D a landowner will need to open if he' allowing access again. 

Thanks again. 

6 hours ago, reevester said:

How did the meeting go @Wildbill ? Sorry I couldn't make it.  was busy all day Monday. Went for a ride today and the 700 from the Seguin to D trail looks good. Some small water holes and it need some brush cleared and some small deadfall moved. I can do that in a couple weeks for sure. There is a gate closer to D a landowner will need to open if he' allowing access again. 

Thanks again. 

we will need to find out who that landowner is the land use is likely with the mag ridge runners 

6 hours ago, Wildbill said:

we will need to find out who that landowner is the land use is likely with the mag ridge runners 

I know who it is and have contact info for them. 

On 11/29/2017 at 5:17 PM, reevester said:

Thanks again. 

Thank you for the landowner information as it is a Mag ridge runners trail I have them looking into it 

48 minutes ago, Wildbill said:

Thank you for the landowner information as it is a Mag ridge runners trail I have them looking into it 

Thanks Bill. Spoke with Jamie just now. 

Kudos to you guys for getting this together. This is what being a club volunteer is all about. 

Archived