Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
reevester

Trail 700 and 702

Recommended Posts

Beating a dead horse again here but, was talking to ridge runners and they keep telling me these are sssc trails. I know I already was bugging Gavin about them but I'm hopeful maybe someone can get an answer if they will open back up or are there other issues rather then passing the torch. I'm certain that both are road allowances so I can't see it being landowner issues. I'm here to help if and when something gets resolved. @Wildbill

@SuperG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will bring it up at the district meeting . SSSC will need local help if we are to assume them. Are they Tucker friendly? Wide corners not heavily brushed in and reasonably dry?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Wildbill said:

I will bring it up at the district meeting . SSSC will need local help if we are to assume them. Are they Tucker friendly? Wide corners not heavily brushed in and reasonably dry?

I will do everything needed to have them clear, I have a camp on axe lake rd. 700 goes from the Seguin to 518 then up east bear lake rd and then an unmaintained rd to middle rd.

 

702 runs from middle rd across axe lake rd too the D trail. The Tucker should have to turn around in a open field just before the D trail because of a swamp and tight trail. 702 also ran along west bear lake rd and then it connect to DYW trail 87 but it's been a decade or more since that has been open and no longer connect I believe.

 

They aren't high traffic areas and when ridge runners did them before it was a once every couple weeks grooming and was perfect. 

 

Thanks for the reply bill.

 

Kyle.

Screenshot_20171121-111220.png

Edited by reevester

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kyle please send me your contact info as well we may ask you to be part of a SSSC meeting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Wildbill said:

Kyle please send me your contact info as well we may ask you to be part of a SSSC meeting. 

Sent you a pm bill. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

got it thank you it is on the d10 agenda 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Wildbill said:

got it thank you it is on the d10 agenda 

Excellent. I'm up this Sunday till Wednesday. I'll go have a look at them then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, reevester said:

Excellent. I'm up this Sunday till Wednesday. I'll go have a look at them then. 

south seguin meeting monday 7pm tappatoo 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Wildbill said:

south seguin meeting monday 7pm tappatoo 

No promises, but I will try and make it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, reevester said:

No promises, but I will try and make it. 

Ten dollar taco night at Tappatoo !  We will be discussing this and determining to what extent that we are in . Mag has promised to help open the trail if there is local buy in 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Wildbill said:

Ten dollar taco night at Tappatoo !  We will be discussing this and determining to what extent that we are in . Mag has promised to help open the trail if there is local buy in 

 

Sounds good! Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will there be any new reroutes in our area this season due to land owners issues or are we good to go?

As for the Liberals what a FN joke just received new changes in labour law.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No real route changes at this time. We have a minor reroute for 100 yards at Elliot House road due to the new battery bank but not a big deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How did the meeting go @Wildbill ? Sorry I couldn't make it.  was busy all day Monday. Went for a ride today and the 700 from the Seguin to D trail looks good. Some small water holes and it need some brush cleared and some small deadfall moved. I can do that in a couple weeks for sure. There is a gate closer to D a landowner will need to open if he' allowing access again. 

 

Thanks again. 

Edited by reevester

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, reevester said:

How did the meeting go @Wildbill ? Sorry I couldn't make it.  was busy all day Monday. Went for a ride today and the 700 from the Seguin to D trail looks good. Some small water holes and it need some brush cleared and some small deadfall moved. I can do that in a couple weeks for sure. There is a gate closer to D a landowner will need to open if he' allowing access again. 

 

Thanks again. 

we will need to find out who that landowner is the land use is likely with the mag ridge runners 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Wildbill said:

we will need to find out who that landowner is the land use is likely with the mag ridge runners 

I know who it is and have contact info for them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, reevester said:

I know who it is and have contact info for them. 

pm it to me please 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2017 at 5:17 PM, reevester said:

How did the meeting go @Wildbill ? Sorry I couldn't make it.  was busy all day Monday. Went for a ride today and the 700 from the Seguin to D trail looks good. Some small water holes and it need some brush cleared and some small deadfall moved. I can do that in a couple weeks for sure. There is a gate closer to D a landowner will need to open if he' allowing access again. 

 

Thanks again. 

Thank you for the landowner information as it is a Mag ridge runners trail I have them looking into it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Wildbill said:

Thank you for the landowner information as it is a Mag ridge runners trail I have them looking into it 

Thanks Bill. Spoke with Jamie just now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, reevester said:

Thanks Bill. Spoke with Jamie just now. 

He is a good guy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kudos to you guys for getting this together. This is what being a club volunteer is all about. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×