BIG STORM this weekend - Nov 18

Turbo Burgo

Calling for up to 30cm in certain regions (North Bay and further north)!  Going to be all rain for me in the tropical south though.  Been itching to break in the new 800!  Definitely a good chance our northern members will be able to blow out the cob webs if they didn't get a chance to last week!

If you do get out, feel free to post some pics just to rub it in!!!!

1 hour ago, Turbo Burgo said:

Calling for up to 30cm in certain regions (North Bay and further north)!  Going to be all rain for me in the tropical south though.  Been itching to break in the new 800!  Definitely a good chance our northern members will be able to blow out the cob webs if they didn't get a chance to last week!

If you do get out, feel free to post some pics just to rub it in!!!!

I would entertain the idea of trailering to North Bay to sled for a few hours, if any one else is game.

Actually, it's not only that far north...north Muskoka (Huntsville/Baysville) and Parry Sound are also under a heavy snowfall warning for Saturday night into Sunday morning.  Supposed to be combined with some rain and potentially also freezing rain, so should be a nice wintery mess.

42 minutes ago, irREVerent said:

Actually, it's not only that far north...north Muskoka (Huntsville/Baysville) and Parry Sound are also under a heavy snowfall warning for Saturday night into Sunday morning.  Supposed to be combined with some rain and potentially also freezing rain, so should be a nice wintery mess.

https://instantweather.ca/2017/11/17/Ov51Ak-snowfall-warning-issued/

1 hour ago, Blake G said:

I would entertain the idea of trailering to North Bay to sled for a few hours, if any one else is game.

Can't do this weekend but I am off next Thursday and Friday, I could be up for a ride possibly if the conditions allowed it.

19059834_1517134158349563_111941539364545591_n.jpg

3 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Far too early guys! No frost, will just make a mess.

Well, it appears right now that the next week or so is a start to our winter North of here, so the only way the frost is going to get into the ground with the snow that is expected to start falling over the next few weeks, that may just continue falling, is "packing the trails"....

Every year people talk about getting that frost/cold first before the snow, but lets be realistic, how often do the stars align and we get that?

Early snow, brings the much needed excitement to the sport....early cold, not so much.

Flip side to the early season discounted permit is the bulk buy is already done at a reduced rate before the snow has hit the ground.....I do not think there is as much of a financial benefit for the OFSC to some early snow as there used to be when you would see an influx or permit buyers after some snow fell and the permit price went up!

31 minutes ago, stoney said:

Flip side to the early season discounted permit is the bulk buy is already done at a reduced rate before the snow has hit the ground.....I do not think there is as much of a financial benefit for the OFSC to some early snow as there used to be when you would see an influx or permit buyers after some snow fell and the permit price went up!

Yes but early snow can always convince people sitting the fence about buying a sled and getting into the sport. A lot of dealers count on these buyers to our buy trade-ins.

Last year people got the double burn. They held off  because 2015-16 El nino was a bust then saw the snowmaggedeon in December '16 so bought full rate then saw most of it disappear by mid January. 

Aaaand on topic of the big storm...barely a drop of rain here, +4* right now, cloudy, foggy, generally crappy but zero wind. Just a November day. #ForecastingIsPrettyMuchaGuess

1 hour ago, mcZEd382 said:

Last year people got the double burn. They held off  because 2015-16 El nino was a bust then saw the snowmaggedeon in December '16 so bought full rate then saw most of it disappear by mid January. 

Aaaand on topic of the big storm...barely a drop of rain here, +4* right now, cloudy, foggy, generally crappy but zero wind. Just a November day. #ForecastingIsPrettyMuchaGuess

Where is here... I wonder how things are looking in the area around Barrie north to the bottom of Georgian Bay. I am supposed to be leaving home by 7:00 am tomorrow for an 8:30 club meeting in Port Severn. If conditions are as bad as forecast with a severe weather warning in effect and freezing rain I'm not sure it's worth the risk just for a club meeting.

Archived