Sault Ste. Marie - Area

Dan-Senior

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, catinental couch said:

They were closed for the weekend because of bad weather conditions  but are supposed to reopen today or tomorrow.

It's too bad that the CSRA couldn't have held off the season finale so it wasn't on the Easter weekend. This isn't the 1st year that the races have fallen during Easter.

2 hours ago, catinental couch said:

I heard no reports about the csra races at Horseshoe. Did they run? Were they good races if they did? Did the vintage sleds run?.....???????

We were there on the Sunday, was a good day as always. The vintage class was sold out for entries. 

Record Breaking Winter

Based upon a report from the local Weatherman, Sault Ste. Marie has broken an all-time record for the most snow to be on-the-ground this late in the winter season.  I'm sure other communities might be in the same situation. 

My backyard this morning.  We received 68 cm of snow in April alone. Sudbury also at 68 cm of April powder.

ssm.jpg

2 hours ago, Dan-Senior said:

Record Breaking Winter

Based upon a report from the local Weatherman, Sault Ste. Marie has broken an all-time record for the most snow to be on-the-ground this late in the winter season.  I'm sure other communities might be in the same situation. 

My backyard this morning.  We received 68 cm of snow in April alone. Sudbury also at 68 cm of April powder.

ssm.jpg

Gonna be a while before you can use the trampoline :lol:

we have been told by clubs via facebook, the trails were to be closed april 15th. something about an initiative from the ofsc a few years ago but, some clubs do not subscribe to this initiative. Ski

Don't know anything about a set closure date.  We are not grooming (nor have we for the past several weeks) because the trails have stayed in good shape and it would be a waste of time and money to groom with the amount of traffic they are seeing.  

1 hour ago, matt17 said:

Don't know anything about a set closure date.  We are not grooming (nor have we for the past several weeks) because the trails have stayed in good shape and it would be a waste of time and money to groom with the amount of traffic they are seeing.  

I presume not much fresh snow lately either? 

On 4/17/2018 at 3:15 PM, matt17 said:

My pass states May 31, 2018 as the end unless conditions end it sooner.  Must be when the insurance period runs out. 

As long as conditions persist, and large amounts of resources are not being used for the very occasional rider, I am glad the trails can stay open.  

288E6238-3513-4466-86D9-235FAC70C4FA.png

With the poor early winter conditions especially in the south, I believe it would be unwise for the OFSC to push early closure subject to safety issues. If the clubs see that the trails can be safely available without more grooming for a week or two with some traffic and they decide to stay open then good on them IMHO. 

The Sno-Rovers have clarified their message. If the trail is on private property it is closed, on Crown Land they're open at your own risk.

from fb (older post on the clubs website) Wawa Sno Riders Trails have to close on the 15th so will groom as long as we can and weather holds up looks good as of now.

Luc confirmed "they are told by the ofsc, the trails should be closed april 15th"

with that said, heading north to ride tomorrow. :D 

ski

6 hours ago, catinental couch said:

Looks nice  but deceiving Matt. Hard on the gas bill, sled and driver riding through that "slob" as the newfies call it.

You just jealous you can't ride anymore. If I was local I would be out as well. Wouldn't drive 800 km's to ride in that though, no doubt. 

I'm not jealous, I got 5500 km on this season, 6000+ on a 54 month old sled.  I've got nothing to complain about.  Heck, I'll wear it out if I ride it any more than that ...

"Mashed Potatoes" would be the correct term for riding in that kind of soft snow ..... :D 

I'm not jealous, I got 5500 km on this season, 6000+ on a 54 month old sled.  I've got nothing to complain about.  Heck, I'll wear it out if I ride it any more than that ...

"Mashed Potatoes" would be the correct term for riding in that kind of soft snow ..... :D 

54 Month?  How many months in one of your years?  Is that Metric?  :lmao:

Guessing that was weeks..........

He got it at the end of last season.

Guessing that was weeks..........

He got it at the end of last season.

Oops yes weeks lol  !!   Just over 1 calendar year.....

Oops yes weeks lol  !!   Just over 1 calendar year.....

When do you think ISO grease in crank wil run dry? Everyone tells me etec 600 only good for 300 and 800 for 100 hours of operation time before grease runs out and crank seizes. Think I am well past 300 hr mark and no failure yet. 

Archived