'Sup with all the Klim gear

mcZEd382

I just ordered a new Klim Storm Parka shell.  Got tired of my FXR jacket either not being warm enough but not working well with layers under it or too warm and no venting when playing in the powder on warmer days.  Hoping the ability to layer (already have lots of base/mid layers from my other camping/hunting/outdoors gear)will result in more comfort in all conditions.  

I know both the Jones brothers in Wawa went to Klim shell jackets a few years ago (when they became dealers) and say that with the right layering they are good down to -30-40.  The one day I rode with them it was that cold so I have no reason to believe otherwise.  

13 hours ago, soupkids said:

I think it was much colder.

A few times for sure.. I recall staking the big lake with you guys and it had to be -35. By the time we got to rockies after doing all the way to the north river we were all a little chilled, and that morning in QC was just frigid at -40 when our sleds refused to start, actually I think one did start, maybe the doo, or yours, cannot recall as that morning was a fog. Being down south where -20 is a cold day it feels like a sudbury spring. Every single ride in suds we would leave at 7:30 or 8 and it would rarely be warmer than -25. I sure do miss the sudbury trail system, best in the province by far.

Layering a Klim in cold weather is a must I think.  I solve it by wearing a Klim Tek Vest under my jacket.  Warm and floats.

On 2017-11-21 at 9:08 PM, GrizzlyGriff said:

Layering a Klim in cold weather is a must I think.  I solve it by wearing a Klim Tek Vest under my jacket.  Warm and floats.

My tek vest certainly helps in keeping me warm even with proper layering beneath my boondocker cat shell jacket. 

Archived