'Sup with all the Klim gear

mcZEd382

You folks see the Pre Dec 1 marketing material? Seems like nearly every rider is decked out in Klim. If I wore as much Klim as some of the riders in those photos I'could maybe afford 3 tanks of fuel all season. :D

4-800x800-predec1.jpg

5 minutes ago, stoney said:

Weren't the old OFSC coats from Klim?

I think they were Choko

59 minutes ago, manotickmike said:

Product placement = BIG business.

Didn't Klim sell out to Polaris?

Yes, a couple of years ago I believe.....product has not been the same quality since....:coffeenose:

In supertrax - Klim did some product testing in the frosty environs of Bonfield or around Mattawa - so a tie in with OFSC. Heavily linked in Ned Nichorson articles. Having lived north of 60 for several years, laughed at the "testing area" myself. I do like their two stage gloves though.

Klim did a photo shoot in Northern Ontario a few winters ago with Ontario Tourism,  I was in the Photo Shoot.    They love snowmobiling in Ontario. That's why you see many pictures with KLIM Gear.   I love the product myself.  I also Love my Klim Gloves.    

It would be interesting to hear follow up on Klim gear. It was recognised as top o' the pile for dirt bike gear. Even the 2014 leftovers are 3x what new stuff costs from other manufacturers.

I have some Yamaha branded  Klim Sled gloves from "before" and a dirt bike helmet I literally cherish. Excellent gear. 

TNF (The North Face) was the best of gear before they sold the name, now it's just another brand. Same with Sun Ice and Wetskins, for a couple of examples. 

1 hour ago, manotickmike said:

It would be interesting to hear follow up on Klim gear. It was recognised as top o' the pile for dirt bike gear. Even the 2014 leftovers are 3x what new stuff costs from other manufacturers.

I have some Yamaha branded  Klim Sled gloves from "before" and a dirt bike helmet I literally cherish. Excellent gear. 

TNF (The North Face) was the best of gear before they sold the name, now it's just another brand. Same with Sun Ice and Wetskins, for a couple of examples. 

I know a couple guys that work for KLIM and they are hardcore riders in every powersports, I follow them on Instagram, facebook and see where they go and ride in all types of weather conditions.  They put the gear to the test, the make it the way they want it to be.  We where siting at the dinner table talking about the products and they where telling us how it was manufactured and the testing they did to make sure is was the best.   I've owned many snowmobile gear over the years and my KLIM gear keeps me dry after a day on the trail riding or cutting brush and trees, I get back home and the inside is dry.... even when I'm in a rush and put a hoodie and sweat pants under..... lol     I know bad choice to layer lol   

44 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

I bought  a brand new klim suit this year..:D:icon_dance-cpatch:

How many monthly payments until it's yours? :D

2 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

No payments when you pay cash for everything..

Good choice, you only buy Klim once versus the other 3x, so in the end the better deal.

22 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

I bought  a brand new klim suit this year..:D:icon_dance-cpatch:

Bought my Wife a FXR Suit about 4 years ago, it was my first time buying an FXR product...... I said will give it a try, I was told they where good so I was happy that the wife was getting a new real snowmobile style snow suit.    First year we are ice fishing in the far bush on a remote lake, the temperature is going down, my  wife Zips up her jacket up all the ways then the Zipper let go... tried and tried to get it work... nope, gave her my sweater and made sure the velcro was well sealed on the flap and we headed back home on the sled.    She don't FXR anymore... I don't blame her

Both Klim and FXR are decent quality in my experience.  Folks I ride with have both.   Love my Klim 2-stage gloves, best I ever owned.  And I think many on this site have had good service from FXR products.  This will be either season 6 or 7 for my FXR suit,  never any issues, and I expect to get a few more years out of it.  That said, I only wear it riding.  Not driving, shovelling, working, or ice fishing.  And when I replace it, both brands will be considered.

I am partial to my Mustang Ice Rider suit... plenty warm for me but then again I don't tend to go out below -25C. Not so much for body warmth but invariably some cold manages to sneak into the helmet

About the only other mention I can make with authority is a comparison of the extreme cold jackets offered by Klim and BRP. The BRP Absolute 0 trail jacket came out way on top - during dootalk testing a guy up somewhere in Rankin Inlet, Nunuvut, tested it at temperatures between -20 down to -50 and compared the warmth level favourable to the Snow Goose parka (the real one, not the hockey moms one) or the Woods parka - both of these mainstays of life in the arctic and with which I am familiar. The Klim Kenawa parka came nowhere close in comfort level, fit or finish, despite being higher in price. Not to mention it was named after the banana belt area of Michigan upper peninsula.

As for these riders supporting a specific brand name gear.....if you're getting stuff for free, you are not likely to be very critical. When these 'test riders' start reporting under extreme conditions, as opposed to mid-Ontario, they will be more believable. I don't care if they are good guys or not.

I have had the same Klim Valdez jacket and free ride pants for seven years. Pants are mint, jacket has some stains and a small hole on end of sleeve where I burnt it on the exhaust. Pro shell goretex is perfect and I could still wear it in a shower and remain dry. I also use it to ski. Looking at a new jacket, pants still perfect, and jacket could be woen for several more years if I desire to. Will most likely buy Klim again, well worth the money Have used this shell system in -40 and stayed warm, and used it in plus five and stayed cool, it really is the best system out there, any goretex shell system that is.

Edit. One thing to mention which is a drawback for a shell system being used in severe cold. You must buy an oversized jacket in order to layer enough under it to be functional in -30 and below. I did this and because of that, the jacket is too large when used with a light base layer in warmer weather. Not a big deal, but if you want a shell to work in extreme cold, then you must use more than a simple base and mid and go to as many as four layers.

On 16/11/2017 at 1:05 PM, zoso said:

I have had the same Klim Valdez jacket and free ride pants for seven years. Pants are mint, jacket has some stains and a small hole on end of sleeve where I burnt it on the exhaust. Pro shell goretex is perfect and I could still wear it in a shower and remain dry. I also use it to ski. Looking at a new jacket, pants still perfect, and jacket could be woen for several more years if I desire to. Will most likely buy Klim again, well worth the money Have used this shell system in -40 and stayed warm, and used it in plus five and stayed cool, it really is the best system out there, any goretex shell system that is.

Edit. One thing to mention which is a drawback for a shell system being used in severe cold. You must buy an oversized jacket in order to layer enough under it to be functional in -30 and below. I did this and because of that, the jacket is too large when used with a light base layer in warmer weather. Not a big deal, but if you want a shell to work in extreme cold, then you must use more than a simple base and mid and go to as many as four layers.

You've never ridden at minus 30.

I picked up a pair of the Togwotee or whatever they’re called pants last winter from Fort Nine online. Love em. I’m in need of new gloves and wondering if the Klim multi layer glove is better than the FXR ones which have the same type internal system. 

On 18/11/2017 at 12:28 AM, zoso said:

ok

I think it was much colder.

Archived