Almaquin SC no longer supports their webpage??

pete/ny

45 minutes ago, steve c said:

Their facebook page says that they are making a new and improved web page.  Hopefully it is not the same people that made the new and improved ITG.

I shouldn't read stuff like this when drinking tea... that was good....

18 hours ago, 02Sled said:

Actually my niece and nephew tell me Facebook is old school and for old people now.

My son has said the same.

Personally I can't stand FB.

Our club has decided to delete our website. We monitored activity for over a year and the website saw very few visits.

We are Facebook only going forward. Its free, reaches a ton more people and doesn't require someone who knows what they are doing to update. No brainer.

22 hours ago, steve c said:

Their facebook page says that they are making a new and improved web page.  Hopefully it is not the same people that made the new and improved ITG.

David Jowdy
David Jowdy No more web page for you guys?

LikeShow more reactions
 · Reply · November 5 at 7:28pm
Manage
Peter Kaminski
Peter Kaminski David Jowdy- NO MORE WEB Page!

LikeShow more reactions
 · Reply · 14 hrs
Manage
Almaguin District Snowmobile Club
Almaguin District Snowmobile Club New and better webpage coming. 
We are trying to perfect it before the snow flies. We apologize.

LikeShow more reactions
 · Reply · 5 hrs
Manage

I am sure that it is not that company is likely busy with the Pheonix pay system or something like that 

On 11/13/2017 at 10:28 PM, Blackstar said:

Our club has decided to delete our website. We monitored activity for over a year and the website saw very few visits.

We are Facebook only going forward. Its free, reaches a ton more people and doesn't require someone who knows what they are doing to update. No brainer.

We're doing the same Tim, way more reach with Facebook, I have our page set to allow public viewing. Anyone that does a google search will see it first once we kill the old website, you can see and read everything, but if you're not a FB user you can't post, reply or send pm's. The website no can post, so having the post feature for FB users is a big bonus. 

Any business with a product has to have a Facebook page these days, especially if you ever want to reach a younger crowd, any retailer not running all social media will not survive.

On 2017-11-12 at 9:50 PM, grover_yyz said:

Yes, but...lets say a tree is down or bridge is damaged. I would send the message to Facebook account before a web site. Facebook is watched by many and the news would get out to the club and the riders immediately. A message to the website's email address would most likely go unread for many hours or days. As an administrator of several Facebook pages I receive messages on my phone and computer immediately. The website I maintain I see emails when i happen to check them which is once or twice a day.

Appears to be a "waze" version of the trail guide. User defined. 

23 hours ago, ontariof7 said:

Appears to be a "waze" version of the trail guide. User defined. 

old school way. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just to show how powerful Facebook is I’m posting one of our Club’s recent posts and in a few days 3,299 Views. 

We do also maintain a website but to get info out there quickly Facebook is the only way to go.

Obviously it takes time and good content to attract Facebook followers so don’t expect big numbers immediately.

Personally, I think both are needed by Clubs wanting to provide the full range of information.

On 11/22/2017 at 5:31 AM, slomo said:

Web site for information, face book for continuous scrolling drivel.

Agree 100%  We have both and find both very effective

Glad to see that they are updating with a newer website also.  We just did the same this year.  Was getting tired of the old site.  The new sites now are so much user friendly and quick to update.  Unlike the older sites.  My old website would take me at least 1/2 an hour to update anything on my page.  Now it's just as fast as FB.

Also most of the younger generation do prefer snapchat and instagram.  But many are still using FB

Now let's get some sledding !!!  Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and hope to see many of you in 2018

Archived