Season 2018

Volunteers have been busy getting trails ready for the upcoming season. Lots of rain this past summer caused 3 beaver dams to break over the summer but the good news is that the trail repairs have been completed!  Volunteers were busy in October completing maintenance to the groomer & drag, it's ready for the upcoming season! 

2 hours ago, KCC said:

Volunteers have been busy getting trails ready for the upcoming season. Lots of rain this past summer caused 3 beaver dams to break over the summer but the good news is that the trail repairs have been completed!  Volunteers were busy in October completing maintenance to the groomer & drag, it's ready for the upcoming season! 

Thank you and looking forward to a visit out your way this year, Have always enjoyed the trails and hospitality in your area. Hope to see you again this year!!

• 4 weeks later...

Stopping Place is almost ready for the season, only needs some firewood, bench & MORE SNOW!

DSCN2182.JPG

DSCN2183.JPG

Looks like the freeze with will start next week.  I look forward to the late season riding when the base is well set and the sun shines longer. 

7 hours ago, largedaryl said:

Looks like the freeze with will start next week.  I look forward to the late season riding when the base is well set and the sun shines longer. 

Good area for that since not much road running. Trail to farther south into Pettawa can be beat though. Ski resort in Mattawa or bears den seem to be ideal places to stay later in the season, to avoid road rash to and from hotels.

The NRSA groomer operators and maintenance crew had a great afternoon finishing up the seasonal preparations. Bring on the snow!!!

Groomer pre1.jpg

Groomer Pre.jpg

Groomer pre2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Sure hope the SNOW GODS soon send us more snow! Trails are still closed!

it's coming your way this week it even right now looks like Deep River > Stonecliffe is out of the forecasted rain to hit us in Arnprior > Kemptville instead its saying 15 - 20 cm snow for you guys. 

Rain is not all bad. It will lock down the dirt and leaves for the season.  They are both coming up now in Ottawa. 

The swamps could use it as well. They will not freeze unless packed... fell in again today on the E104A outside of Ashton ( BEAST west of Ott ) , over my knees briefly this time.. just a tiny soaker.  That is over 30 times now in the last week trying to pack this trail. The water is an inch or two under the ice level and won't freeze with 10" of snow on top.  Rock solid where we manage to pack it. 

Image is after what.. 10 days of -25C .. ice I can break with my boot 

Jan7_AshtonS.jpg

Largedaryl,

It's  not fun getting wet!  Must be pretty disappointing trying to complete packing on the E104A, let's hope you can get it packed and hopeful drive down the frost!  Got some snow today, about 5 inches of fluffy snow, so it will help, but would like some nice wet snow!  

• 2 weeks later...

Good news for NRSA Trails!  Check the OFSC interactive guide for up to date trail status!

Any news on the A trail into Rolphton from Stonecliffe since the recent snowfall?  Missinglink groomers have been out yesterday and today on the A and it's good to go.

NRSA groomer has been out since yesterday 5:45 am and still out on the trails now!  Trails have opened some green, some yellow check the OFSC itg for latest status.  I have not been out yet myself, hoping to go tomorrow!

Good to see. Finally some cooperation from Mother Nature. 

What snow did Deep R to Stonecliffe area get this past Mon/Tues?    Just enough to get open a few trails... or a good dump closer to 30 cms?

Saturday looks warm.. may try to sneak up there Sunday .. as the season is sliding away... only so many weekends. 

Spoke to some friends that rode chalk river to Mattawa and back Saturday.. in the heat.  The A  started well, but was a snow cross track by the end of the day.. no surprise given the lack of trails open and heat.   I am going to wait until Friday  to head up to the area... sounds like Sunday will be a rough one unless there was tons of overnight grooming Saturday. 

Groomer has been hard at work!  Trails are in great shape and we are expecting some snow today!  Here's a couple pictures taken yesterday on trail 134/132

Jan 30 1.jpg

Jan 30.jpg

Jan 30 2.jpg

Wow looks awesome!  Really missing this time of year back there,

I was out yesterday and had a super ride, maybe the best of the season!  Trails 131, 132, 134, 138 & A-Trail from Deep River to the Stopping Place! 

• 2 weeks later...

SUNDAY FEB 18/18 - NRSA Family Day Social  on the A-trail west of Deep River at the Stopping Place from 11:30 am till 2:00 pm.  There will be Dougie's Dogs, hot chocolate, bonfire plus a great opportunity to meet fellow snowmobilers. 

Good morning snowmobilers. We've had some inquiries about our trails. Like most of the province we are experiencing unseasonably warm temperatures and it is of course having it's effect on the trail system. We received feedback yesterday that things were still in very good condition. We will be on the trails today so will see first hand what conditions are like. As we all know, it is hard to predict when it comes to conditions and weather forecasts but we would guess that since our base is solid enough and we have modified our grooming schedule to preserve it, that there will still be decent sledding by the weekend. If we assess and find otherwise, changes will be made immediately on the ITG found at https://trails.evouala.com/ofsc/

Thx KCC..  Where is "The Stopping" ???

Trail numbers that intersect would let me ID it I suppose.  Thinking of trailering the family up, as the trails in Ottawa are done... the sun has ruined the exposed areas while the bush remains perfect.  Family has yet to get out which means sled #2 is nothing but a waste of $ at this point ... not to mention all the gear as kids grow! 

Stopping Place is on the TOPS A - Trail about 13 west of Deep River, it's just about 1/2 km past the compression station on the pipeline (trail 138/TOPS A intersection) on Tops A, there is a fire pit, outhouse & shelter there.

Thanks... I took all the side trails last time up so avoided this section of A ... just wanted to plan a route, probably from Chalk River that the kids can handle and include this in the day.

Sunny and -1  Sunday looks promising.... sure beats the crap conditions in Ottawa that we are now faced with. 

Just noticed that the 138 makes a circle once again.. had been a dead end access stub for years.. kudos to the volunteer who brought this back to life. 

cheers. 

• 1 month later...

Another season has come to an end. As of March 29, 2018 the NRSA trails will be listed as closed for the season. 
 Thanks to our landowners, permit buyers, visitors and mostly our hard working volunteers. 
 Is it too early to start the countdown to 2019?

Closed.jpg

Archived