Lets see your new sleds !

chez-nous cest skidoo

5 hours ago, chez-nous cest skidoo said:

are " Snowbikes " permitted to drive on OFSC trails ?

not yet but, the more popular, they get, the more exposure they get,  there will be a change in the over the snow vehicle designation. with this change, they will be on the trails (but, never in mass like snowmobiles). once the govts, clubs, and sled associations world wide, see the influx of people, and MONEY, to the sport, and economies, there will be a change.

arctic cat has the sxv,  and it is in the process of being the first production snowbike from a mfgr. they are releasing them to the racers this season for testing. in a year or two, once they get the snowmobile safety certificate designation, they will be considered a snow specific unit, and meet the over the snow designation.

I know some of the old school people will not like this but, when you think about it, it is just the progression of the sport. if there was not progress, we would not have long travel suspensions, soft cushy, heated seats, gps, long fuel ranges, turbos, superchargers, four strokes, direct injection, oil injection..  ect... all from oem manufacturers.  change is coming.

rally connex has 3 events for bikes this year, two in the muskokas with demo rides. go check them out. Ski

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe the demo rides are near Kearney, a little north of Muskoka. There's a fair bit of crown land there - - making it a very popular location for atving and  dog sledding, as well as snowmobiling. The crown land has quite a few old logging roads, only some of which are OFSC trails. 

Bought a new to me 2015 Artic Cat xf6000 cross country sno pro last weekend. Just Broke in with 900 Miles.

In the process of making it more mine ditching the huge windshield and the 20# expedition rack later this week

IMG_0515.JPG

On 2017-11-11 at 7:34 AM, FIRE242 said:

Here's my new ride.

Let it SNOW!!

IMG_2563.thumb.JPG.72e6048b9a967693005712272041cdc0.JPG

Awesome Glen!  Congrats!

On ‎2017‎-‎11‎-‎19 at 12:24 AM, Blake G said:

I believe the demo rides are near Kearney, a little north of Muskoka. There's a fair bit of crown land there - - making it a very popular location for atving and  dog sledding, as well as snowmobiling. The crown land has quite a few old logging roads, only some of which are OFSC trails. 

Myself and 4 buddies are signed up for the demo ride.  They say it's all on crown land and no OFSC trails

31 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

Myself and 4 buddies are signed up for the demo ride.  They say it's all on crown land and no OFSC trails

I just heard about and saw a map of what the MNR refers to as conservation reserves that are crown land. There are an awful lot of those conservation reserves and the MNR doesn't allow the use of snowmobiles, ATV's or snow bikes in those areas. I would hope they have done their homework and avoid those areas. If so have a great time.

2 hours ago, 04nightfire said:

With gps technology today, after a few demo rides, no longer be a secret. Maybe someone can post demo ride tracks afterwords :-).

30 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

With gps technology today, after a few demo rides, no longer be a secret. Maybe someone can post demo ride tracks afterwords :-).

This is the disclaimer after signing up 

The route/waypoints that have been uploaded into the GPS receiver I am operating for this event are the result of many hours of hard work by the organizers.  These routes are supplied for my use only and only for the scheduled day(s) of the event.  They are not to be transmitted electronically or by any other means that would make them available to the general public; 

Not distributing the routes, waypoints, or track files of this event is a condition of my entry in said event.

I u  If I choose to use the GPS receiver in or on a vehicle, it is my sole responsibility to operate the vehicle in a safe manner, maintain full surveillance of all driving conditions at all times, and never become distracted by the GPS receiver to the exclusion of safe operating practices; 

it is unsafe to operate a GPS receiver while driving.  Failure by the operator of a vehicle equipped with a GPS receiver, to pay full attention to operating the vehicle and to road/trail conditions while the vehicle is in motion, could result in an accident or collision with property damage and personal injury and even death.

I was going to say the same thing, and had to agree for the Snow Down as well.  While they are using public land their business is based on their knowledge and is key to their business.  Also this organization is not a fly-by-night group they have been organizing on/off-road enduro motorcycle events for many years.  The constant comments that they need to be watched closely and assumptions that they don't know or will knowingly break rules is a little tiring.  I doubt they would put their entire business at risk for what will likely be less than a couple of grand when it is all said and done given that they are only charging 50/person for the demo day and I believe providing lunch.  

49 minutes ago, matt17 said:

I was going to say the same thing, and had to agree for the Snow Down as well.  While they are using public land their business is based on their knowledge and is key to their business.  Also this organization is not a fly-by-night group they have been organizing on/off-road enduro motorcycle events for many years.  The constant comments that they need to be watched closely and assumptions that they don't know or will knowingly break rules is a little tiring.  I doubt they would put their entire business at risk for what will likely be less than a couple of grand when it is all said and done given that they are only charging 50/person for the demo day and I believe providing lunch.  

Hopefully it works out well for them and everyone has a good time.

On 2017-11-18 at 11:42 PM, skidooboy said:

arctic cat has the sxv,  and it is in the process of being the first production snowbike from a mfgr. they are releasing them to the racers this season for testing. in a year or two, once they get the snowmobile safety certificate designation, they will be considered a snow specific unit, and meet the over the snow designation.

I’m pretty sure those bikes were already raced last year. One thing you will notice is the snow flap... or lack of which would be necessary for the trails. They also have big lug tracks for mountain riding. It may be a bust to put a trail track on it and still have enough traction due to the narrow footprint it already has. It will be some time before it catches on to be a trail bike I think. 

On 11/22/2017 at 12:29 PM, 02Sled said:

I just heard about and saw a map of what the MNR refers to as conservation reserves that are crown land. There are an awful lot of those conservation reserves and the MNR doesn't allow the use of snowmobiles, ATV's or snow bikes in those areas. I would hope they have done their homework and avoid those areas. If so have a great time.

East of Kearney all the way to the park is pretty much 100% general use crown running up the entire east side of the big park.

Photos Library.photoslibrary.zip

New non-current 2017 ZR 5000 LXR 137"

IMG_1800.JPG

Very nice... bring on the snow...

30 minutes ago, smokeater466 said:

IMG_1800.JPG

I see you were in aberfoyle..nice sled!

3 hours ago, smokeater466 said:

IMG_1800.JPG

There was a couple and son in Aberfoyle picking up a new ZR5000 when I was in grabbing some Curve skis and a few tools a few weeks back. Was that you Smokeater?? 

2018 850 MXZ XRS!!   Can't wait for the snow!!!

IMG_0566 (1).jpg

Looks good to me.

3 hours ago, zoso said:

My new sled back in Nov 2007...keep thinking i will buy a new one, then wonder why and just keep riding it.

DSCF5379.JPG

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  I rode a 99 all last year. 

It finally came in to the dealer. I can't wait to put some miles on this sweet ride.

Carmen

IMG_2737.jpg

Congrats guys on the new sleds!!

On 11/27/2017 at 8:00 PM, FrostyTheSnowman said:

There was a couple and son in Aberfoyle picking up a new ZR5000 when I was in grabbing some Curve skis and a few tools a few weeks back. Was that you Smokeater?? 

i picked it up on my lonesome back in October. (the 18th?) There was an older couple picking up an at at the same time. Aberfoyle had a couple of the 5000s left over from last year. I handed down my 14 5000 to my son to have a bit more reliable second sled the 04 F6 was getting long in the tooth and had more going wrong with it.

On ‎2017‎-‎11‎-‎29 at 8:25 PM, Redfire427 said:

It finally came in to the dealer. I can't wait to put some miles on this sweet ride.

Carmen

IMG_2737.jpg

probabaly one of the best sleds out there right now

Archived