Let's see some pictures of snow!!

Baylaker

1 hour ago, 02Sled said:

Toronto has about half of that.... enough for me to shovel the driveway. All 6 inches of light and fluffy. The city bobcat ran down the sidewalk at 7:00 this morning chewing up the edge of my lawn as usual.

Always hated that, they can’t drive straight to save their life. I always tried to do the sidewalk before they got to it so they could actually see where they were driving....still chewed up my nice edge...

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dad just got up to penetang this afternoon, told him to take a couple pics for me...

1DAA50C3-A818-45EF-8DB3-89F56420E238.jpeg

B2F06B26-6344-4DB1-81BC-5A267BB3D9FC.jpeg

Here’s a few more

1D8E6962-CE9A-46DF-A32F-67BC7F1C5E93.jpeg

5658226B-31AF-4825-886A-3FE0DC2C3884.jpeg

B156A3DB-BF6B-4AD6-8903-8E2ACE31A70A.jpeg

B55F2157-60E6-46B0-80C8-AFDE8A1668A0.jpeg

302D6E78-8470-4227-A791-1006CA32D688.jpeg

620BD421-2D26-4246-A2FD-0F158419C0FD.jpeg

15653857-EF5F-4D82-BB74-B5BC412644E1.jpeg

35 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

Always hated that, they can’t drive straight to save their life. I always tried to do the sidewalk before they got to it so they could actually see where they were driving....still chewed up my nice edge...

They got the front lawn this time. They are likely to get the boulevard next time. Each spring there's a lot of time that goes into repairing the city made mess. My neighbours all agree we would rather not have the bobcat come by at all. Typically we have the sidewalks done long before the bobcat comes down the street clearing nothing but still with the blade down still managing to chew up grass.

4 hours ago, snocrazy said:

6.9s new? I didn't think they were available anymore.

Yup. Gotta ask for 2012 Expedition LE skis and build a set. I used my yellow ski tips. 

There’s the old drive-in in wasaga...

4365D366-B162-4BEA-83E6-99B4A9B8E1CD.jpeg

31 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

There’s the old drive-in in wasaga...

4365D366-B162-4BEA-83E6-99B4A9B8E1CD.jpeg

Doesn't look to bad.

I got a call last night from friends who live on Georgian Bay on Shore Lane in Wasaga Beach. They told me they had a good 1 1/2 feet of snow around dinner time yesterday and it was still coming down. They expected to see about 2 feet of snow by morning and they already had drifts that were 3 and 4 feet on the water side of their yard.

30 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

I got a call last night from friends who live on Georgian Bay on Shore Lane in Wasaga Beach. They told me they had a good 1 1/2 feet of snow around dinner time yesterday and it was still coming down. They expected to see about 2 feet of snow by morning and they already had drifts that were 3 and 4 feet on the water side of their yard.

Awesome even though it is all light powder. Weather is looking ok so far too, hopefully New Years piss spoiler stays away this year :) 

11 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

Awesome even though it is all light powder. Weather is looking ok so far too, hopefully New Years piss spoiler stays away this year :) 

I'm tempted to pick up the sleds and ride the beach front of Wasaga from where it ends at Cedar Grove trailer park near hwy 26 to the mouth of the Nottawasaga River. That's about 12 miles of snow covered sand. No trees or rocks to hit.

6 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

I'm tempted to pick up the sleds and ride the beach front of Wasaga from where it ends at Cedar Grove trailer park near hwy 26 to the mouth of the Nottawasaga River. That's about 12 miles of snow covered sand. No trees or rocks to hit.

Sand might not be best for sled though, if base isn't frozen underneath. I will just keep waiting. Don't need to ride that bad and besides dealer still has machine. 

6 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

Sand might not be best for sled though, if base isn't frozen underneath. I will just keep waiting. Don't need to ride that bad and besides dealer still has machine. 

The sand of the beach never really freezes but they tell me there is a layer of heavy wet snow at the bottom of the light fluffy snow. Also the winds driving it into the shoreline tend to pack the snow fairly solid. If I found that I was running on and hitting sand I wouldn't go there either but I have been on the beach front in the past and never hit sand.

1 hour ago, 02Sled said:

The sand of the beach never really freezes but they tell me there is a layer of heavy wet snow at the bottom of the light fluffy snow. Also the winds driving it into the shoreline tend to pack the snow fairly solid. If I found that I was running on and hitting sand I wouldn't go there either but I have been on the beach front in the past and never hit sand.

Sounds promising to get stale gas out of the sled then. 

Sure glad for business up north that count on a good snowy winter its time they get a break considering what they had to deal with the last two winters.

Hoping this will be the trend moving forward.

3 hours ago, cravesledding said:

Sure glad for business up north that count on a good snowy winter its time they get a break considering what they had to deal with the last two winters.

Hoping this will be the trend moving forward.

Only issue is the north maybe dead if south and central Ontario gets good snow for a change. 

Started packing D trail from 37 north towards port sydney today .packed up nice and exposed a few wet spots to let the cold in tonight .may play hookey tomorrow and see if we can make it into port sydney .the old skandic loves breaking trail 

20171213_154736.jpg

10 minutes ago, Muskoka Man said:

Started packing D trail from 37 north towards port sydney today .packed up nice and exposed a few wet spots to let the cold in tonight .may play hookey tomorrow and see if we can make it into port sydney .the old skandic loves breaking trail 

20171213_154736.jpg

Good stuff!! 

1 hour ago, Muskoka Man said:

20171213_154736.jpg

Awesome..

2 hours ago, Viperules700 said:

Only issue is the north maybe dead if south and central Ontario gets good snow for a change. 

Don't bet on it.

Only difference will be ... 

... our trails won't be trashed all the time like last year from the likes of you clowns.... 

:rotflmao:

12 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

Don't bet on it.

... our trails won't be trashed all the time like last year from the likes of you clowns.... 

Hey now... we don't need such language as "clowns" be nice.

8 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

Don't bet on it.

Were not all clowns... It's just that there's a lot of us . :icon_lolsign:

4 hours ago, Muskoka Man said:

20171213_154736.jpg

Have u heard if the d102b reroute at whitehouse road and brunel is going on again this year? Doesnt show on the map this year but it didnt last year either. 

Have not heard on that section ,but will check into it for you 

21 hours ago, 02Sled said:

I'll bet that west d8 goes yellow today or tomorrow.  And if we are really lucky, maybe maybe a midland to collingwood run.  B trail west of cwood will be a no go, trees are down-but they are cleaning that up this weekend.  

57 minutes ago, dirtybeacher said:

I'll bet that west d8 goes yellow today or tomorrow.  And if we are really lucky, maybe maybe a midland to collingwood run.  B trail west of cwood will be a no go, trees are down-but they are cleaning that up this weekend.  

It was on the news last night that D8 had 5 groomers out in the Wasaga Midland Penetang area and were hoping to have some ready by the weekend. It will be a definite zoo though.

Archived