Trail Permit Purchase Screwup

revrnd

9 hours ago, Reved said:

The OFSC should not be posting this situation on Facebook. Social media seems to be the place where folks will vent. Lets hope the learn from this and not set themselves up to get ripped in public. 

Actually I found the honesty refreshing 

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, revrnd said:

A page or group can be set up so that posts have to be approved before they're visible.

Correct, but then you get the flak from being censored.... blah blah blah.    You can never win 100% on Social Media.  The trolls....oh the trolls....

Troll.jpg

1 hour ago, Domino said:

Correct, but then you get the flak from being censored.... blah blah blah.    You can never win 100% on Social Media.  The trolls....oh the trolls....

Troll.jpg

Self portrait???? :lmao:

1 hour ago, ZR SLEDHEAD said:

They can't even get it straight if site is up and running or if peeps should be holding off while they fix.

They said last night it was all fixed but it crashed before I could get my permits checked out. Now they say to stay off the site once again, since it isn't working properly once again. Now hopefully I am not charged 1900 for a permit :) 

Permit-Update-3.jpg

I'm taking this as if you're credit card was charged, the OFSC and/or the fulfillment outfit know of your transaction.

On 11/1/2017 at 9:35 AM, bbakernbay said:

This service was contracted out several years ago.  They have had plenty of experience knowing what the last-minute demands are on their server, if indeed that was the reason for the crash.

The OFSC is culpable in that they are not posting frequent enough updates.

Does anyone recall if there were issues in the past @ the last minute?

38 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Does anyone recall if there were issues in the past @ the last minute?

Nope. Last year I bought in the last 5 hours on nov 1. Was quick and easy no issue's at all. Lots of people think deadline is 31ist but it was always the first of nov 1.

9 minutes ago, Wildbill said:

I am sure that this is a nightmare for those involved. OFSC is making it fair by extending the dead line.  

and reviewing transactions that went through in the troublesome window issuing refunds where appropriate. I am making an assumption and could be wrong however the system logs would likely show that i.e. Bill got 99% through the process when it failed and he reasonably believes he has a permit coming. When he realizes he doesn't he may be able to reprocess at the lower price. Don't know if that is something the MTO would allow under the circumstances but it would be a good thing within a reasonable grace time.

3 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

and reviewing transactions that went through in the troublesome window issuing refunds where appropriate. I am making an assumption and could be wrong however the system logs would likely show that i.e. Bill got 99% through the process when it failed and he reasonably believes he has a permit coming. When he realizes he doesn't he may be able to reprocess at the lower price. Don't know if that is something the MTO would allow under the circumstances but it would be a good thing within a reasonable grace time.

Even though I am not a fan of an awful lot of what is going on today at the OFSC   I do believe that every attempt will be made at making this fair 

5 minutes ago, Wildbill said:

Even though I am not a fan of an awful lot of what is going on today at the OFSC   I do believe that every attempt will be made at making this fair 

x2

3 hours ago, Wildbill said:

I am sure that this is a nightmare for those involved. OFSC is making it fair by extending the dead line.  

I  bet only going to extend it by 36 to 48 hours (amount of time it was down before Nov 1 deadline is my guess). Hopefully they can get it resolved soon, otherwise a bunch of us won't have permits for xmas break.

1 hour ago, Viperules700 said:

I  bet only going to extend it by 36 to 48 hours (amount of time it was down before Nov 1 deadline is my guess). Hopefully they can get it resolved soon, otherwise a bunch of us won't have permits for xmas break.

Like they said it will be extended for however long it was down. I anticipate that if it was down 4 days before Nov. 1 and it wasn't fully functional until Nov 6 you would have from Nov 6 to Nov 10 to order your permit. What is wrong with that. Sounds fair to me and based on the delivery windows of a couple of days there isn't any reason anybody wouldn't be able to have a permit for the Xmas break.

3 hours ago, Viperules700 said:

You will be able to print it if needed . The Deal with the MTO states that however long that it was down for will be the time that it is extended by . Honestly why wait until the last minute? I did but got lucky there was a short window that it worked in . I will not wait again though lesson learned . 

20 minutes ago, Wildbill said:

Honestly why wait until the last minute? I did but got lucky there was a short window that it worked in . I will not wait again though lesson learned . 

I was equally as lucky... ordered mine sunday afternoon, everything worked flawlessly & received on thursday, but yes a lesson learned  !

cheers 

FROM the OFSC Facebook page

UPDATE: Sunday, November 5th 9:36pm
We have been working over the weekend to resolve the issues with the permit system. We are now cautiously optimistic that the source of the problem has been identified and corrected.

Now we need to do a real test in a live environment. So, to ensure everything is running smoothly, we will be assessing the performance of the site as we increase the traffic slowly over the next several hours.

Above all, we’d like to avoid a rush on the system tonight while testing is underway and need your cooperation.

To assist us, we are asking those of you with the last name beginning with the letters A, B or C* to buy your permit from 7 PM to midnight tonight with the following important reminders:

• The transaction time may take up to 12 seconds to process, please DO NOT resubmit or hit the back button during this time.
• If you time out during the transaction, please email permits@ofsc.on.ca immediately with the exact time of your attempted transaction and email address.
• Please do not share this post until we announce the testing stage is complete

From the team at OFSC and everyone who has been working with us to get things running smoothly, we thank you, Ontario Snowmobilers, for your continued patience and support.

Also, if your name doesn’t begin with A, B or C, please be patient, this is only for the initial test.

Just helped a club member with his purchase. Just like ZR Sledhead..Smooth and fast.

Capture.JPG

Pre-Nov 1 Deadline Extended to Wed, Nov. 8th at Midnight*
eb2f5190-5511-49f8-9e8c-c8e1d3364dbf.jpg
Important Reminders
  • Your transaction may take up to 12 seconds to process, please DO NOT resubmit or hit the back button during this time.
  • You should receive an email confirming your transaction immediately after it’s completed. 
  • If you time out during your transaction or do not receive a confirmation email, please email permits@ofsc.on.ca immediately with the exact time of your attempted transaction and email address.
  • Only Pre-Nov 1 permit transactions completed by 11:59 PM on Nov 8 will be accepted.
  • Pre-Dec 1 permit fees apply as of Nov 9 and 12:01 AM
  • The OFSC remains committed to addressing any transaction issues previously encountered by Pre-Nov 1 permit buyers and has starting to work on resolving them as soon as possible.
On behalf of the entire team at OFSC, thank you again for your continued patience and support.

*Regular Seasonal Permit Fee $270.  Ontario law requires a 2018 Snowmobile Trail Permit to access OFSC prescribed Trails.
1203babd-a554-4bd9-9566-fa5682095e50.png

view this email in your browser
Copyright © 2017 OFSC, All rights reserved. 
You are receiving this email because you opted in at our website at www.ofsc.on.ca to receive the latest information on Ontario Snowmobile Trail Permits and Snowmobiling in Ontario. 

Our mailing address is: 

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list

open.php?u=83896085c9d5c9d358e748e25&id=8bb9034e79&e=ca1c3e7b6a

Email on my friend's account. His ordered went thru with no issues.

Archived