Switched the traler up a bit..

Wimpy

Hey folks,

So last December when I first met some OC folks like Blake, Gizzly Griff and a few others at the Halliburton Forest, I realized I was not a fan of open trailers, for many reasons.  I watched Grizz unload from his enclosed, and thought it was a great idea, especially since I trailer everywhere, and quite frankly was getting tired of throwing the suit on at the side of the road or parking lots. 

This past month I sold our double sled trailer and bought at 12X6 (with 2'vnose) enclosed.  I made a counter and cupboards for storage other things in the vnose.  I also built a fold down bench/table on the one wall, and put hooks for the suits on the other wall.  I ran 2 electrical outlets and hardwired box on outside for my genny in the back of truck to run the heater, tasimo or whatever else, but also have a deep cycle battery with solar panels for the rv lights. 

For those of you who trailer, any suggestions for the ease of convenience?  I'm looking forward to having a spot to change and get ready to ride out of the elements. 

Any suggestions, fire away!

Cheers,

Wimpy

IMG_0831.JPG

IMG_0833.JPG

IMG_0912.JPG

IMG_0913.JPG

Tear the plywood off the interior walls and insulate them with 1" Styrofoam and reassemble the plywood back on. You'll get lots of moisture in the form of condensation on the walls and ceiling. 

A friend of mine did this to his,  huge improvement. 

I like the bench, but how far does it stick out from the wall when folded.  It seems like the legs fold behind it so they would take up the about 2 inches plus the thickness of the bench (3/4?).

45 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

Tear the plywood off the interior walls and insulate them with 1" Styrofoam and reassemble the plywood back on. You'll get lots of moisture in the form of condensation on the walls and ceiling. 

A friend of mine did this to his,  huge improvement. 

Great idea!  Thank you.

1 hour ago, sledjunk said:

I like the bench, but how far does it stick out from the wall when folded.  It seems like the legs fold behind it so they would take up the about 2 inches plus the thickness of the bench (3/4?).

It sticks out about 2.5 - 3"  lots of room still in there.

sledtrail2.jpg

Looks good! String up a few of these and save on motel rooms..

hammock.thumb.jpg.5add3933b3d737413fbcbc2a92964dfb.jpg

I'd also recommend in addition to your coffee maker, a small microwave, toaster, kettle, and a box of flatware and cutlery. You should be able to store stuff outside in a cooler during the winter so no fridge needed.

Awesome job, Wimpy!

That's awesome slomo!  My buddies pretty much said the exact same thing regarding the other appliances.  lol

Thanks Blake!

Thanks ZR.  Yes at each end of the bench there is a spring loaded eye hook latch.

• 2 weeks later...

Trager pellet grill would be nice. I carry one and plug it into the inverter that runs off my truck. If you have generator already, separate battery would run the grill for hours. Can sit in trailer and wait for your food to cook outside. Have a great table to eat on :-).

Nice.

My trailer was due to be upgraded this year to a double, but now, maybe not. Either way, it will have a dedicated RV battery, small genset, better lighting, and a heat source. 

Viper I actually have a weber babyq I could bring, and have thought of it too.  Could be a fun tailgate party.  lol

Mike, PA has some great sales on the RV LED lights from time to time.  I've compared them in our travel trailer, and for the most part, they are much brighter.

Whimpy,

How did you make out with your sled upgrades ?

BP

Hey, 

The wheel kit is on. And just getting new bumper so I can put the extra seat on for little guy. 

Unfortunately that’s it so far. Been super busy.  

Archived