Novi Snowmobile Show, November 3 - 5

sledjunk

The Novi show is coming up in a couple of weeks.  Is anyone going (besides our group)?

Let me know if and when and we can try to meet up for a chat.

We will be driving to Novi on Friday, Nov 3 and attending the show on Saturday, returning home on Sunday.  This has become an annual ritual for us, and is another way to get stoked for the upcoming season.

For those who have never been, this show is about the size of the Toronto Show, but is primarily a 'selling' show, with lots of vendors of all brands of sleds and even some of the large US clothing suppliers like Upnorth Sports.  Lots of deals on previous season clothing from the manufacturers.  The web page does not really give much information, but here is the link

Hope to see some members there.

we will be there! Ski

Yes to overnight. Haven't been in a while, but nearby hotels were reasonably priced. 

show up Friday, tour the show buy your stuff. go back Saturday if you wish, for more time... home on sunday. Saturday from open until about 2-3 pm is a ZOO! be prepared for LOTS of foot traffic, tire kickers, getting in the way of booths, deals, ect... sunday everything is picked over but, the dealers are more willing to cut massive discounts, so they don't have to pack it up, and take it home, especially before the close of the day (4pm I believe). Ski

Ski

I have never gone for more than 1 day.  I assume that admission and parking is for each day only.  Is this a correct assumption?

We are staying at the Doubletree by Hilton, but there are a number of others.  Check out the link for the show that I posted above and follow to the nearby accommodations.

There is a Marriott, Hilton Garden Inn, and others.

1 hour ago, Old Sledder said:

Recommended hotels? Is there shopping close that my wife might check out? 

There is a outlet mall that isn’t too far of a drive from Novi, we also took the the drive to Frankenmuth as Karen is a Christmas fanatic and there is a huge store there.

1 hour ago, Nunz said:

There is a outlet mall that isn’t too far of a drive from Novi, we also took the the drive to Frankenmuth as Karen is a Christmas fanatic and there is a huge store there.

Frankenmuth, yes been there for the covered bridge and the platter of fried chicken

We leave 2pm Friday aft, at the show by 4, walk it till 8 and then supper nearby, home by Midnight.

1 hour ago, Yamatario said:

We leave 2pm Friday aft, at the show by 4, walk it till 8 and then supper nearby, home by Midnight.

You are a lot closer than I am.  If I leave at 2, I won't get to the border until 6.

no weekend passes that I am aware of for show patrons. would have to buy another entry pass. Ski

11 hours ago, sledjunk said:

You are a lot closer than I am.  If I leave at 2, I won't get to the border until 6.

Yes but you are closer to north in the winter when it counts.

17 minutes ago, Yamatario said:

Yes but you are closer to north in the winter when it counts.

Touche :-)

Archived