OC group ride

gobills

I  know its early but i think its time to plan a big Friday or Saturday ride in February and try and get as many of us together for a nice ride and lunch. I know most people probably have the big trips already booked so we can try and figure out when would be a good time.  Conditions will strongly impact this but based on the past few winters conditions seem to be the best in early feb.  Just want to see if there is interest in this maybe we can try and get something going.  Let me know what everyone thinks.

Cheers

I'm interested!

From experience, a suggestion would be to find a location with accommodations and food so that participants can stay over and extend the experience if they choose.

Good luck.

I think I would be in.

I'm interested in going. As long as a know ahead of time so I can book time off at work.

I would try to make this.

Good stuff.

I would be interested in a OC ride :D 

Sounds good!

Just blue skying here.....

One of the best ones was centered around raising money for the Kelly Shire's charity - the Jolly Roger motel(as it was known then) provided a nice central spot to stay with good access to the many trails in district 10. Not suggesting a repeat of this, (the women have pretty well got their own ride going) but certainly the type of location and setting was ideal. There were 3 different types of rides so your personal riding style could be accomodated. It took a pile of organizing though - former forum member Maple had a big part in it and I think Giddy Up? There were rides previous to this along the same lines, but this one had a banquet, maybe dance,  not sure what else.

South Seguin and Six Star usually organize some kind of poker run in the same vicinity - perhaps piggy backing on this event might work.

Our departed doonut organized a Muskoka Lakes tour in 2008(?) which was well attended but was only a day long thing.

15 hours ago, apeXMAN said:

I would be interested in a OC ride :D 

I was interested. I may reconsider ;)

Sounds like a great idea. Maybe two rides... one for mid-week for those who can and another for a weekend for those who can't.

The weather gods are going to cooperate and bless us with lots of snow and ideal conditions this year. We are overdue. Two less than ideal winters in a row followed by a lack lustre summer which had so much rain it scuttled our plans for a tour around the 3 big Muskoka lakes.

I'll take the blame for the cool summer.  I have been doing my snow dance since April.

5 minutes ago, sledjunk said:

I'll take the blame for the cool summer.  I have been doing my snow dance since April.

:rotflmao: I started doing the snow dance just after labour day but with the temperatures we are still getting I think it's time to step it up a notch

1 hour ago, sledjunk said:

That explains a lot...:poke2:      

Count me in for sure, we’ve had some great group rides the past few winters, let me know if u want help planning it or them

On 21/10/2017 at 12:16 PM, gobills said:

I  know its early but i think its time to plan a big Friday or Saturday ride in February and try and get as many of us together for a nice ride and lunch. I know most people probably have the big trips already booked so we can try and figure out when would be a good time.  Conditions will strongly impact this but based on the past few winters conditions seem to be the best in early feb.  Just want to see if there is interest in this maybe we can try and get something going.  Let me know what everyone thinks.

Cheers

If you want I can organize a ride for a few days in the D12 area. 

D12 has grown.

D12 is a great area.

16 minutes ago, soupkids said:

If you want I can organize a ride for a few days in the D12 area. 

D12 has grown.

Likely central D12 is a bit further than I would want to travel. Now if you are looking at something around the Sudbury area that's more in keeping with how far I would want to trailer. It's about a 4 hour drive for me and that's about my limit. Usually I look at 2 1/2 to 3 hours but would go the extra distance for such an event.

I would be interested in group rides. Also interested in the far north rides as I have no idea of safe traveling distances between the smaller communities and where to get fuel etc. A seasoned veteran of the north would make the trip less stressful.

Jerry

8 minutes ago, grover_yyz said:

A seasoned veteran of the north would make the trip less stressful.

Jerry

Got that covered.  Sledjunk etc al can help you with acomaccommodation department around Cochrane. 

On 10/21/2017 at 12:21 PM, sledjunk said:

I'm interested!

From experience, a suggestion would be to find a location with accommodations and food so that participants can stay over and extend the experience if they choose.

Good luck.

Sounds like a good idea Dave. Saves spending a couple of hours driving before the actual ride.

I'd be in for something in the Northbay or Sudsbury area. Done a little bit of riding in the NB area on RAP & RAN tours, but no real 'local' riding. 

Me and the Missus would be in for a ride around North Bay or Sudsbury. We did two of the loops in the Sudbury area a couple of years ago and had a blast. Stayed @ the Chateau Guay.

Archived