2018 Haliburton Trail and Snow Conditions

On 2018-02-08 at 8:29 PM, Cuyuna said:

I ran through there, hammer down. 

Every time I have been thru it has been like pictures above. Stay on packed trail and hammer down. That area doesn't seem to freeze well, until it get's lots of sled traffic. But it seems the traffic is making it worse by post above. Rotten crappy ice this year. Better to avoid it I suppose. Maybe if it gets cold it will improve. 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/10/2018 at 12:58 PM, Viperules700 said:

Every time I have been thru it has been like pictures above. Stay on packed trail and hammer down. That area doesn't seem to freeze well, until it get's lots of sled traffic. But it seems the traffic is making it worse by post above. Rotten crappy ice this year. Better to avoid it I suppose. Maybe if it gets cold it will improve. 

30+ of us ran thru it Saturday late afternoon, was prob 30' wide of open water when we went through, no way around it like the pics sorta look above.  Doesn't look like this weeks weather will help things.

15 minutes ago, ChainsawCarver said:

30+ of us ran thru it Saturday late afternoon, was prob 30' wide of open water when we went through, no way around it like the pics sorta look above.  Doesn't look like this weeks weather will help things.

Those pics are several days old and the conditions have become worse and worse over the last few days. I had a look this morning and it's pretty wide open. 

4 hours ago, ChainsawCarver said:

Did you guys go to poker run, in forest. I couldn't make it this year. 

9 hours ago, Viperules700 said:

Did you guys go to poker run, in forest. I couldn't make it this year. 

Yeppers, trails were in good shape up there.

22 minutes ago, ChainsawCarver said:

Yeppers, trails were in good shape up there.

Usually are. I went last year, had a nice run too. Hopefully next year I can be back up. 

What a ride this morning ! Left at first light - -24 C. It was pretty crisp. Trails were excellent, most were freshly groomed. Did not see a single sled for over 100 kms.- like having the entire region as a personal playground. :) Thank you HCSA for a stellar job on the trails. This club is hitting on all cylinders. 

Also, thanks to Tall Pines for the grooming on Trail 62. I know you guys were having some groomer issues. All in all, a stellar, frosty morning.5a830c308315f_BakerLake.thumb.jpg.c0d2934601e524908c6c563715f9d97c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here's to a better season next year !

Thanks HCSA for the great work this year. You made some fine trails out of very little. The club exec, volunteers and groomers should be very proud of the fine work done, as brief as it was. I had some great rides and really appreciate this club's efforts.

On 2018-02-27 at 5:35 PM, Cuyuna said:

Here's to a better season next year !

Thanks HCSA for the great work this year. You made some fine trails out of very little. The club exec, volunteers and groomers should be very proud of the fine work done, as brief as it was. I had some great rides and really appreciate this club's efforts.

x2. Season was too short but still had some great rides. Trails were amazing especially considering what there was to work with. Job well done!

Never made it this year, but I will be back up in future no doubt. The club has done great things over past few years and is a great area to ride, with lots of nice scenery. So hats off to all involved. 

• teener unpinned this topic

Archived