2018 Haliburton Trail and Snow Conditions

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Odd to have lakes staked before the trails are open.

I think they have to have that lake staked with the rail trail open to the school yard. Don't want sleds running the walkways to get lunch.

No the lake is never staked going towards that end of the lake.  It's always staked towards the west side of the lake.  There is a small trail along the side of the lake to the parking lot.  Beside the sidewalk.

The normal parking area had many sleds parked in it today with people getting lunch.

Rail Trail was indeed opened on Thursday by the club. There wasn't anything to report as it was not groomed since the 18th. Sleds have been running it daily and it wasn't holding up very well due to having only one pass with a groomer. Last night the trail was groomed from Hali to Kinmount by HCSA. Lots of us have been riding South instead of North for the last while, that will change now. Hope they keep grooming!!

Livin'

I notice Haliburton club has the B trail connected yellow all the way to Happy wanderers Baysville! 

How is the B trail for early season riding in that section? Old logging roads like it is towards baysville?

1 hour ago, Steve F6 said:

I notice Haliburton club has the B trail connected yellow all the way to Happy wanderers Baysville! 

My season officially begins ! Thanks HCSA ! 

12 mile was run by a friend on Monday. He told me Kushog and St Nora's were both staked.

Livin'

The B runs across it and the trail 11 heads North to St Nora, and so on if your running the lakes.  Only the north part of the lake is staked  not the long south portion.

7 minutes ago, freddydoo said:

Thanks gobills.  They are south on Leisure Lane.  Looks like a bit of road running to get to the B.  

If they can get right on the lake they can just head north on the lake.  They will want to stay to the left side of the bridge before it  crosses HWY 35.  There is a small trail that will take them right through the OX narrows restaurant parking lot.  They can then just follow the goat path trail across Hwy 35 back on to the lake.  Reason for this route is it avoids the potential water opening under the bridge.  With all of this cold it will be frozen but it does open up.

Any updates on the B trail from Hali to Whitney?

Lakes must be solid now, and they had to of run a groomer through there at least once by now ?

Heard they did the Whitney run a few days ago, first and only pass I know of. No word on lakes being staked over there. Some lakes on the B towards Ox Narrows were staked last week but show closed. Was going to head out today and look around, just a little too cold. Tomorrow we will be out early in the more pleasant -9 temps.

Livin'

Just a heads up for anyone riding up to the end of trail 11 at the top of ST Nora where it meets trail 64 which takes you over to Raven lake.  The trail there has not had a groomer through its a little rough right now, also trail 64 has some logging operations going on so use caution while riding in there.  The trail is ploughed and skidders are moving around.

Ran Little Hawk and Big Hawk lakes yesterday. They were pretty good, with previous slushing all frozen up. Quite a few riders out - no stakes though. 

Has any one run Kennisis, Redstone, Moose and Eagle ? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Moose and Eagle are staked. Groomer did a pass on the Whitney run last night. Have more updates, will post later as time permits.

Livin'

5 hours ago, livin' on the b103 said:

Moose and Eagle are staked. Groomer did a pass on the Whitney run last night. Have more updates, will post later as time permits.

Livin'

Thanks Livin'

Btw, could you post the next groomer pass on the rail trail. Was down to Kinmount today - lots of new snow, but heavily moguled underneath, very choppy. Needs some groomer TLC. Would like to take the better half out riding double, but not till it gets groomed.

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 4:38 PM, Cuyuna said:

Thanks Livin'

Btw, could you post the next groomer pass on the rail trail. Was down to Kinmount today - lots of new snow, but heavily moguled underneath, very choppy. Needs some groomer TLC. Would like to take the better half out riding double, but not till it gets groomed.

Cuyuna, here you go!! I'll try from the bottom of the HCSA system and go from there. Rail Trail finally got a pass tonight, there were 2 groomers on it Sunday, but one went to the 9 in the AM and the second went to the 7 in the evening. Neither did much on the rail trail while they did there first pass on both of those trails. The 112 to Minden has been getting some passes here and there and should be good. I will assume Kash is staked as they groomed to there (that's on the 7 to Pinestone) The B103 was trashed around Hali on Sunday with no signs of grooming, including the ditch to the B trails even though a groomer went through to the E trail. The B to the west went yellow and has a few passes. Have not run it personally but I am aware of some re-routes and such. Lakes to the West were staked last weekend but some are not. The 16 had a pass as described on the HCSA Facebook page but no further info has been provided as to it being a trail. I was on that trail last fall in a SxS and wouldn't take a sled until the club says it's good. To the East, the B and E are now opened Limited. The B is good to Moose and Eagle which are staked, and the Whitney run is open Limited on the ITG and has some passes with a groomer. The 10 is signed as closed and Haliburton Lake is NOT staked. The E trail, also Limited, is good until past Gan Israel Camp, the logging in there  is a dirty, dirty mess! Basically a carbon copy of what was done a few years back on the Paudash side. The loggers have left a spot on the side and after a few groomer passes it might not be to horrid. The E trail is currently a trail to nowhere for touring sledders as the Paudash side has seen NO grooming on the E and 601 trails. I posted this to the best of mine and others knowledge, the last update from the club on trails is Jan 02 and really not informative.

Livin'

Outstanding report ! Thanks Livin' !

• teener unpinned this topic

Archived