Snowmobile Show

Nunz

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, gobills said:

Did anyone look at the baja truck that was just outside the snowmobile jumps??  Man it was cool and for sale.

No but I did have a peak at the Sherp they say was used in Fort McMurray. Looks like it should go just about anywhere. I think if you got it stuck it would mean you are in real trouble.

Then I did take a look at the new F150 Lariat.... still think I prefer the King Ranch and if I go that route it would be my 5th King Ranch.

Yes the sherp is very cool.  You can actually get them made how you want interior wise.

I was checking out the f150 leaf edition being a leaf fan I though it was very cool.

20171020_134308.jpg

1 hour ago, gobills said:

Yes the sherp is very cool.  You can actually get them made how you want interior wise.

I was checking out the f150 leaf edition being a leaf fan I though it was very cool.

20171020_134308.jpg

They have one at my dealer. Took it for a drive last week while I was waiting for my oil change 

I saw Livin', irREVerent, STG, 14Snow, Snocrazy, WB, and a couple of others.  The show seemed bigger with more real vendors (actually selling things).  Enjoyed the day

5 hours ago, gobills said:

Great day at the show did not see anyone there.  Or any hats walking around.  Watched the sled jumps at 3 kids had fun.  Got some bergerstom skegs, new t shirts and sweatshirts for some amazing prices.  Saw my sled in person rather than just a picture on the Internet.  

My little guy and I watched the show at 3.  Was cool. I thought they were going to high 5 the roof!  Met wild bill in person while buying a suit from him and hung out with Jim bob for good part of the show. Country corners had great deal on jackets for 40 bucks out the door. 

For my first show, I was impressed. 

19 hours ago, sledjunk said:

I saw Livin', irREVerent, STG, 14Snow, Snocrazy, WB, and a couple of others.  The show seemed bigger with more real vendors (actually selling things).  Enjoyed the day

Bored with my current job I have applied for work with a secretive government agency - can't divulge the name but I'll give you the initials CSIS - and thought that the sled show would be a good place to practice field craft with the help of some supplies from the drama department at work. Any of you guys above remember a man in coveralls, a red beard, and walking with the assistance of a cane? Maybe at the Quebec section?

Just got home from the show. Picked up a few things.  Nice to see Revrnd, Chandos Rob and  Nunz. The show seemed a bit better then in previous years. Had a conversation with the OFSC treasurer near the Husky groomer. WOW!  is all i will say about that!.. Chatted with a few reps from the Northern Corridor du Nord. And spent a bit of time at the quebec boths. All in all a good day..

On 2017-10-20 at 7:58 PM, gobills said:

20171020_134308.jpg

Looks pretty good for a 50 year old edition.  

:-)

Just got home from a great weekend at the sled show, Met lots of OC members and had a blast Saturday at the Gravenhurst booth, I’ll definitely do that again in the future, Karen and I went today as visitors to the show and ordered a set of the Qualpieces dual carbide runners and a bunch of Polaris oil that was on Sale. It certainly was amazing seeing everyone and I swear you could feel the buzz about the coming season. Had a nice long with the Quebec operators about our big trip to Gaspe this coming year.

2 hours ago, gobills said:

Nunz i got the bergstrom triples with the full shim kit.  I will be interested to swap and see if there is a difference in brands.

For sure, I looked those and a couple others but after chatting with Roger and Carm and they swear up and down on them went that route but will interesting to see the difference if any.

On 10/21/2017 at 9:08 PM, IQ TURBO said:

Just got home from the show. Picked up a few things.  Nice to see Revrnd, Chandos Rob and  Nunz. The show seemed a bit better then in previous years. Had a conversation with the OFSC treasurer near the Husky groomer. WOW!  is all i will say about that!.. Chatted with a few reps from the Northern Corridor du Nord. And spent a bit of time at the quebec boths. All in all a good day..

Good to see you too. Nice chatting!

Ran into a couple of other sledding friends too. 

lots of comments about why can't they have the district number on the maps. I'm wondering, "Why can't the districts be grouped in 1 area like they did a few years ago?"

Really, no district numbers on maps again...so much easier with  zone and district number on map cover.

I assume this may be due to the fact that at some point, the districts are being rejigged, renamed, renumbered, etc. 

For now I guess it's time to break out the black magic marker.

Sorry I had to work of course this whole weekend and didnt get to go :( . From what im hearing though is that it was pretty well the same ole same ole and they screwed the districts up again by having them scattered around so I might not have missed much although I would have liked to have seen Larry Berrio again. 

25 minutes ago, SuperG said:

Sorry I had to work of course this whole weekend and didnt get to go :( . From what im hearing though is that it was pretty well the same ole same ole and they screwed the districts up again by having them scattered around so I might not have missed much although I would have liked to have seen Larry Berrio again. 

Not only are all the districts scattered among a bunch of retail booths, the district maps don't have the district numbers on them anymore. They have the geographic description in print across the top. Makes it really inconvenient for someone trying to locate a specific area map. While at the D7 booth someone came by, looked at the map posted on the back wall and asked for the area just south of there. In the past D8 would have been right beside D7. This year they were up an aisle running away from the D7 booth about 3 booths up.

I try to focus on getting the maps of where I am most likely to ride. D7, D8, D10 and D9. They made it easy for D7 & D10 with them side by side but the rest were a bit of a hunt

15 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Not only are all the districts scattered among a bunch of retail booths, the district maps don't have the district numbers on them anymore. They have the geographic description in print across the top. Makes it really inconvenient for someone trying to locate a specific area map. While at the D7 booth someone came by, looked at the map posted on the back wall and asked for the area just south of there. In the past D8 would have been right beside D7. This year they were up an aisle running away from the D7 booth about 3 booths up.

I try to focus on getting the maps of where I am most likely to ride. D7, D8, D10 and D9. They made it easy for D7 & D10 with them side by side but the rest were a bit of a hunt

Yes thats pretty sad why they did that again this year, scattering them all around makes next to no sense. Although for D10 I think they had their district number on the side of their maps no??

IMG_4621.PNG

That's one heckuva nice photo on the D10 trail guide.

I saw the train going over the bridge, and figured it would make a good photo op.

3 hours ago, SuperG said:

Yes thats pretty sad why they did that again this year, scattering them all around makes next to no sense. Although for D10 I think they had their district number on the side of their maps no??

IMG_4621.PNG

Yup... missed that. The D number used to be a lot more prominent. The one thing that has been consistent at least is the colour. D7 green, D10 yellow and D8 brown. I wonder what will happen with the maps when the merge of D7 and D10 evolves. Hopefully they will keep two separate maps. Trying to put everything onto one map would be a nightmare and likely the scale would make it difficult to follow.

36 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

I wonder what will happen with the maps when the merge of D7 and D10 evolves. Hopefully they will keep two separate maps. Trying to put everything onto one map would be a nightmare and likely the scale would make it difficult to follow.

OFSC Districts D7 and D10, when combined, will be one of the smaller of the 12 districts in terms of geographic size and kilometres of trails.

Archived