Snowmobile Show

Nunz

Anyone planning on getting together either Friday or Saturday night? We are in the area both nights.

Hoping to see some familiar faces and some new ones at the Gravenhurst display Saturday, Karen and I will be at the show Sunday for a few hours.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My current plan is to attend Friday. Hopefully they will have all the maps available. I was able to pick up the maps I needed with the exception of one district which kept telling me they were in transit. With the new ITG I think I'll be relying on the paper maps a lot more than I did the last couple of years.

Tess and I will be there Friday at opening.

Tess is thinking of a new suit and we want to get some info for our Quebec run at Christmas/New years and also some info for perhaps New Brunswick for the Family Day weekend.

Tess has booked off the week following the February long weekend so we thought we might go to New Brunswick or, if we have real good snow in Ontario, may look at the RAP tour. Anyway we have two weeks at Christmas and one week in February to fill. Need to get some information.

Hope to see some of you at the show.

I just may bump into you since I plan on being there at opening as well. I will be wearing my Baxter Snow Riders ball cap. Tan peak and sort of blue/purple top. If you see me say hi.

We'll keep an eye for you. We already have our tickets so won't have to wait in the ticket line. 

same here - always buy online

Im working the D2 booth Sat' from 4 to 7.

not sure if ill be at the show precisely at 1pm when it opens, but i wont be too far after, the cronies i ride with will eventually show up throughout the afternoon.

Would be awesome to meet a few members as i plan to participate in atleast 1 member ride.

cheers

I am planning to be there about the start of the show as well.  I'll be wearing my red OC hat (if I remember to take it :oops: )

D4 booth Saturday morning. HSSZ, Canada 150, black ball cap. Afternoon gathering maps like a squirrel and doing re-con on Quebec regions.

1 hour ago, sledjunk said:

I am planning to be there about the start of the show as well.  I'll be wearing my red OC hat (if I remember to take it :oops: )

Ditto for us...and ditto for me and my red OC hat.  See you then, Dave.

I don't own an OC hat ( my bad ) ...& im not sure if I'll even be wearing a hat....  HOWEVER  I'll be wearing bright yellow shoes which will stand out from a mile away .. lol

cheers

mike 

I will be there Friday aft with my 5 yr old.  Hope to see some of you folks.

Hope to be there Friday around opening.

15 hours ago, Wimpy said:

I will be there Friday aft with my 5 yr old.  Hope to see some of you folks.

What time are you going to be there? My wife and I are planning on going, we"ll have to meet up.

Hmmm! I just went online to buy and print a ticket to the snowmobile show. Juniors and seniors are $15.00. But then they get you at checkout and add $1.95 HST. Bit of a scam if you ask me. You do the purchase online and you print the ticket. No cash for them to actually handle, count, reconcile or deal with like they would if you purchased a ticket in person at the show. They also have to pay someone to sit in that little booth at the show and sell you a ticket. The cost for that ticket at the show... $15 even. $1.95 less than giving them a guaranteed ticket sale where there will be some for sure who do buy the ticket and for one reason or another don't get to use it.

7 hours ago, jimbob said:

What time are you going to be there? My wife and I are planning on going, we"ll have to meet up.

Should be there for 1 pm Jim.  I think that's when it starts. 

1 hour ago, Wimpy said:

Should be there for 1 pm Jim.  I think that's when it starts. 

That was our plan as well. Now my wife has to work in the morning so not sure what time we will get there. I'll text you when we get there.

Doug & I will be working the district 6 booth on Friday and throughout the weekend. So may see a few of you there!

On 2017-10-18 at 5:01 PM, jimbob said:

That was our plan as well. Now my wife has to work in the morning so not sure what time we will get there. I'll text you when we get there.

Sounds good

Tess and I should be there at opening. I will have an OPP ball cap on. 

Dave Tess

Team2UP

should be there around 1.30, hope to see some of you there!

Livin'

Great day at the show did not see anyone there.  Or any hats walking around.  Watched the sled jumps at 3 kids had fun.  Got some bergerstom skegs, new t shirts and sweatshirts for some amazing prices.  Saw my sled in person rather than just a picture on the Internet.  

Just got back from the show. A healthy line was forming almost 1 hour before the show started and by 12:30 it went from the entrance around the corner and just about out to the side doors. Bumped into STG while standing in line and he went off to look for Irrevernet. Saw WildBill for a moment or two before he had to go deal with customers. I think I got all my maps. Once again the district booths were scattered among the vendors so it was hard to be sure what district maps you had. Thanks to one of the districts though which had a great idea... they are sledders too... they were handing out little business size cards which had all the districts on them with a little box for you to tick off when you got their map.

It seemed there were a lot more of non snowmobile ATV vendors than before. The guys selling ache & pain relief, meats and other unrelated things.

I didn't need anything really but did get a good deal on a coat for $40 taxes included from Country Corners. Ideal to shovel snow or just walk around outside.

There is a new trailer manufacturer on the scene... at least new to me. Georgian Bay Trailers from the Parry Sound area. He seemed to have a pretty good product at a fair price but not being in the market for a trailer didn't scrutinize it real close.

Still worth the trip especially since it's about 10 minutes from home. Really gets me into the snowmobile frame of mind even though it's still so warm. Saw some people walking around the show in shorts and flip flops.

Archived