Quebec $$$

mcZEd382

There's always comparisons between Ontario and Quebec.

We all know it's apples to oranges. Here's the numbers breakdown for reference if you're in a "discussion". 

Edit: I count about 206 clubs in the fcmq,

qubec permit dollars.jpg

Interesting, $15.00 sure isn't very much for Groomer aquisition.

Are groomers purchased by the Federation or do the clubs have to pay some of the capital cost also?

I remember a few years ago when the Federal Gov't. gave the FCMQ a multi million dollar grand specifically to purchase groomers. I think it was 5 or 6 million but with my memory, I could easily be mistaken.

Groomers used to be purchased with grant funding from Federal regional development programs. You know, all those programs that Ontario clubs are supposed to access now. But I believe 2 years ago the feds cut those programs.

Federal funds were handed out about 5 years ago for trail funding but I haven’t heard of anything since but I stand to be corrected.

All provinces complained strongly about how the Feds were shovelling money to Quebec trails and groomers in comparison to what other provinces received.

Also take a look on the huge advertising done by Quebec snowmobile regions and you will always see the Canada logo as a financial partner.

Archived