New ITG

signfan

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, andreyboater said:

That's look better I don't like idea to use Chrome, but look like only way to do it

Thank's a lot

I'm not a fan of chrome or firefox. I use internet explore for everything but the OFSC ITG and won't be using it for anything but that. Just another shining example of current OFSC lousy uninformed decisions.

Ok look's like it working on Chrome, at least I can make a route and change map base, but I'm still have nostalgia on old map 

ITG1.png

8 minutes ago, gobills said:

Anyone see complaints on Facebook or other places.  I'm not on Facebook but just curious if others are complaining.

According to the OFSC reps at the snowmobile show a couple of weeks ago they were getting blasted with complaints about the ITG and all they would say is "it's a work in progress" I have suggested to them at the show and electronically that they should simply BACK OUT OF THE CHANGE until they have a viable replacement that has the same functionality or better than the old one.

Standard practice for any IT implementation is to test the systems extensively, hold a change management meeting with all the IT disciplines for approval to go forward and key in that meeting is.... WHAT IS YOUR BACKOUT PLAN if necessary.

I wonder how many of those that put this ITG together actually ride a snowmobile or will ever actually use it.

Ya, how about early and late season riding, how about when a small section of trail is closed becouse of a wash out, stuck grommer, storm goes through and needs clearing, etc,etc and it shows the shortest route and guides you through these trails that are closed (being the shortest route)... Not user friendly at all, Imo this new Itg  is not an improvement.

How about the Poor newbe or someone not familiar with trails or how to use this itg can be possibly directed in a dangerous situation, maybe even run out of gas when back tracking, God forbid. 

On the old ITG is was clear with a pop up stating closed, limited, or open. On the new itg it high lights the route in blue, so all is good right ? 

Imo bring back the old ITG map and maybe work on the one a little more, I don't know ? Is that difficult to do ? I don't have the slightest idea how if possible to bring back the old one, but if possible it'll definatly be an improvement, and in some cases safer. 

1 hour ago, Pstn head said:

Ya, how about early and late season riding, how about when a small section of trail is closed becouse of a wash out, stuck grommer, storm goes through and needs clearing, etc,etc and it shows the shortest route and guides you through these trails that are closed (being the shortest route)... Not user friendly at all, Imo this new Itg  is not an improvement.

How about the Poor newbe or someone not familiar with trails or how to use this itg can be possibly directed in a dangerous situation, maybe even run out of gas when back tracking, God forbid. 

On the old ITG is was clear with a pop up stating closed, limited, or open. On the new itg it high lights the route in blue, so all is good right ? 

Imo bring back the old ITG map and maybe work on the one a little more, I don't know ? Is that difficult to do ? I don't have the slightest idea how if possible to bring back the old one, but if possible it'll definatly be an improvement, and in some cases safer. 

These Routing concerns are the same for the GPS maps. I noticed they were advertising the Maps as been routable with turn by turn directions. In my experience trails are changing too often for this feature to be practical almost anywhere in the south. When I was making maps I tried the routing. I grew quickly tired of the off route messages being displayed while riding down the marked trail. The GPS also does not know that a trail is not open or closed and will send you the wrong way!

17 hours ago, Big Pussy said:

Print out a screen shot of the area of the map you want.  Get out a highlighter and draw your route.

DOES NOT REQUIRE FIREFOX, EXPLORER, OR CHROME!!

1. Spread your paper trail map out on a table. Check map scale.

(this map would have been mailed to you if you checked [ X ] Yes! I want to receive OFSC benefits and magazines! - on your trail pass application.) 

2. Using the attached plans, build yourself some of these.

Paper-Snowmobile-Project.pdf

kit01.thumb.jpg.24bdd93d752db910357c1f372767b82d.jpg

3. Place one sled at your start point on the map, and one at your end point.

kit02.thumb.jpg.e5319f65aaf335940d0407795697e663.jpg

4. Using a piece of string or a straight edge (if trail on map is fairly straight) or a ruler or a combination of these, take a measurement and convert the distance according to the map scale.

5. Record the measurement.

6. Move the sleds to the new start / stop locations on the map for the next trail measurement.

7. Repeat.

8. Always repeat.

:D:D:D

Home made ITG route planning

snowmobile trip 2018.png

That artwork looks real high tech.  Must have used the virtual marker.

BP

Are we sure Wynnes not in on this somehow .she must be because she is not busy helping the college kids 

LOSER 

18 minutes ago, Muskoka Man said:

Are we sure Wynnes not in on this somehow .she must be because she is not busy helping the college kids 

LOSER 

But she is monitoring it closely... :rotflmao:  Don't forget she is in politics to help people... even bigger joke.

MOBILE APP

The iSnowmobile App is currently under development and will not be available this season.

The good news is you can check trail availability and plan your route from any device with access to the internet at: https://trails.evouala.com/ofsc

I was looking for Longlac after reading about the groomer transfer....tried using my Isnowmobile app ( at cottage) and noticed that it's a work in progress this year. Might be old news, but news to me. 

At least we still have paper maps (guides) : razz: Which are great for trip planning btw.

It seems the OFSC bought into something relatively new.

http://www.mapgears.com/en/blog/archive/2015-06-02-evouala

I've heard it's easier to make updates with the new trail guide.

Not a good trade off if it were looked at from a business perspective. Easier for the administrator but a lot less friendly with loss of functionality for the end using customer. If  the OFSC was not a monopoly they would have to look at the user experience with the ITG more closely 

Not really impressed with the new ITG. I have faith it will be improved upon as there is not that much more to do to get it right. A simple system that allows you to drag your route across to a different trail would do it for me, just like google maps allows you to do on a road route you create.

1 hour ago, zoso said:

Not really impressed with the new ITG. I have faith it will be improved upon as there is not that much more to do to get it right. A simple system that allows you to drag your route across to a different trail would do it for me, just like google maps allows you to do on a road route you create.

Ya. Like it used to be.

On 11/12/2017 at 1:41 PM, 02Sled said:

It seems the OFSC bought into something relatively new.

http://www.mapgears.com/en/blog/archive/2015-06-02-evouala

Read all about it...October 20....

http://ontarioconditions.com/forums/index.php?/topic/17916-hey-trail-map/&page=4&tab=comments#comment-247861

http://blog.evouala.com/en/article/2017-03-01-snowmobile_trail_map 

Application goals

The eVouala online mapping platform is used to inform snowmobilers about trail conditions, point of interest locations and the shortest path between origin-destination points. One of the useful features of this application is the trail status, which is automatically updated by the snow grooming machine activities. It allows snowmobile clubs to publish the number of days the last grooming of the trails occured without needing to intervene manually.

The application built using the eVouala platform allows snowmobile federation administrators to update their trail map themselves (while respecting topological rules), to manually change the trail opening status, add points of interest (gas stations, grocery stores, convenience stores, motels, restaurants, shelters) and even help club funding by letting them add advertising.

(not necessarily the clubs that could do this....maybe you will be able to buy the deluxe trail pass which enables map use without all those troublesome advertisements....sort of like reading around them in those magazines....)

-----------------Meantime have been vastly enjoying the Quebec interactive map and all the features the Ontario one used to have....particulary useful is the variety of methods to get research about motels and the area in which they are located, some idea of how good trail access is, and what other amenities are close by....Motel Blanchet in Drummondville for example...

map01.jpg.0641b5a95c92a41307cb5affd027c834.jpg

map02.jpg.543c5c7bd00fe4b6447995e3d87a8c41.jpg

map03.jpg.52305d7a1907cc2b126c898624149e50.jpg

map04.thumb.jpg.6ea6f215718a56d67e9bf48c230c6aca.jpg

map05.thumb.jpg.04b8a2d1eb54d9fb533be49ddac4e00d.jpg

Sure is good to have the street view feature built right.....some people are content with the satellite view, but it does not show enough of an unfamiliar place - does an establishment really have the trail access they advertise?

(has as well as the cumulative tour mileage feature)

Archived