New ITG

signfan

Hmm... I don't have that problem and I am using a compact sized laptop. Not sure if this will work or not but on the tool bar try clicking View then Zoom and changing the %.

Sorry... I just realized you said you were using chrome.... the zoom function is accessed through the 3 small dots in the top right corner.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks 02. Just before I read your post, I was trying things and pushed the print screen. Whatever happened, the screen resized to show the whole page. I clicked the "I agree" and everything worked as it should. 

I have the itch now that the snowmobile show has come and gone. I find myself wanting to plan out a few new to me routes that are relatively close to home. Damn I miss the functionality of the old ITG. I was looking at the Lake Muskoka Magic Tour. Clicking on each little stretch of trail and having to add the numbers in a calculator doesn't work out to well since I find I either miss enter distances on the calculator or since the ITG doesn't let you leave sections highlighted miss small bits. So far from Bala heading north and getting as far as Bracebridge is only 935 km. I said I enter some numbers incorrectly.

Anyone know how many km's the loop is and is there a lot of road rash. It looks like it would be a reasonable day loop starting in Gravenhurst at the Marriott and ending the day back there.

CaptureT.JPG.a607326c266e04e98f0866e9b91d31d1.JPG

About 4 hours plus lunch. Unfortunately there is more road running between Glen Orchard and Port Carling since the Bill 100 fiasco. Best to do it in a day when the roads are snowy or icy. It's a nice ride. Let me know if you're looking for company.

57 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

HELP ME PLEASE!   Iv'e changed over to Chrome from Internet Explorer and am trying to access the ITG. The screen opens to the map covered over by the "Use Trails at own risk" page. My problem is that I can't get far enough down that page past the "by clicking the I agree...."  to be able to get to the spot I need to click on to get rid of the page and get to the map. This is a 15" laptop. I got rid of the bookmark bar at the top of the page but it still isn't enough. How the H_ll do I move that page up enough to be able to click the "I agree" button? Thanks in advance for any help.

I have the same problem.  I can just reach it by carefully staying just above the task bar, and clicking on it.  Thought maybe it was just my computer, I guess not.

1 hour ago, gobills said:

I'm pretty sure I did this loop last year.  It was a great run.  Stopped at the key for lunch.  As far as distance if I'm not mistaken it's about 160kms.

1 hour ago, Blake G said:

About 4 hours plus lunch. Unfortunately there is more road running between Glen Orchard and Port Carling since the Bill 100 fiasco. Best to do it in a day when the roads are snowy or icy. It's a nice ride. Let me know if you're looking for company.

Sounds about the distance we would do for a comfortable day and a comfortable lunch stop. I will let you know if we are making the trip Blake... always nice to have company.

47 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Sounds about the distance we would do for a comfortable day and a comfortable lunch stop. I will let you know if we are making the trip Blake... always nice to have company.

Count me in on that ride !! 

3 hours ago, Dave K said:

I have the same problem.  I can just reach it by carefully staying just above the task bar, and clicking on it.  Thought maybe it was just my computer, I guess not.

3 hours ago, Dave K said:

I had the same problem. I think I minimized screen, and I could then click on it.

Thanks for the help everybody. I got into it finally. I'm not savy enough to know if it would be a big deal for them to move the disclaimer further up the page. Would be a good thing if they did get it corrected PDQ because the way it is now, people like me are pi__ed off before we even get a look at the map.

2 hours ago, Nunz said:

Count me in on that ride !! 

You gonna do it twice?

Normally I am not one to complain too much,  I do agree with the assessment that the new map is a step backwards. Wondering if the folks responsible for this decision reached out to actual sledders to get our input as to what we would like to see integrated/changed into the old map.

2 hours ago, Old Sledder said:

Normally I am not one to complain too much,  I do agree with the assessment that the new map is a step backwards. Wondering if the folks responsible for this decision reached out to actual sledders to get our input as to what we would like to see integrated/changed into the old map.

No its a typical management move i would say LOL  Never ask the people who use something or do something, just make a decision on advice that its the next best thing or cutting edge.

Since loops are taken by so many riders should we select a loop (by oc.com member interest) and post in this thread (for now) the cumulative loop total? 

For example, from the info above:

Lake Muskoka Magic Tour ( OFSC website, 125 Kms - oc. com info, about 160 kms - thx gobills!). Actual km, once completed - 

I spent a rainy afternoon reviewing the various ofsc loops at this link http://www.ofsc.on.ca/experience/snow-tours - all but one, as I recall, had distances provided. It would be nice to have member input into each and every one of the loops.  

On 10/26/2017 at 2:52 PM, 02Sled said:

I have the itch now that the snowmobile show has come and gone. I find myself wanting to plan out a few new to me routes that are relatively close to home. Damn I miss the functionality of the old ITG. I was looking at the Lake Muskoka Magic Tour. Clicking on each little stretch of trail and having to add the numbers in a calculator doesn't work out to well since I find I either miss enter distances on the calculator or since the ITG doesn't let you leave sections highlighted miss small bits. So far from Bala heading north and getting as far as Bracebridge is only 935 km. I said I enter some numbers incorrectly.

Anyone know how many km's the loop is and is there a lot of road rash. It looks like it would be a reasonable day loop starting in Gravenhurst at the Marriott and ending the day back there.

CaptureT.JPG.a607326c266e04e98f0866e9b91d31d1.JPG

I might be able to hook you up with a GPS trace of that exact loop. I look through the archives tonight. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I  Look through the comments to new ITG and completely agree it's inconvenient and step back. So I'm going to plan a trip for this year and I don't see how I can calculate total mileage and manage each day route. Any suggestions?  Thank's

I just planned a route at and around Sudbury.  Here's how.

Base map. I pick Hybrid.  When you zoom in you see all the streets and businesses to find gas stations, restaurants etc.

Turn off trail status so you see the trail segment colours, not all red.

Drag the START icon from where you want to start.

Drag the FINISH icon to somewhere on your route.  If it highlights the wrong route, drag the FINISH icon again until the route you want is highlighted.

Look on the left panel and write down the calculated distance.

Now move the START icon  alone your route.  When you get the highlight where you want it, write down the mileage.

Keep doing this by alternately moving the START and FINISH icons until you are done to the next gas station.

Add up the mileage.

Continue to the next gas station.

You will find you have a lot less adding to do and you don't need to pick every little trail segment to get the distance.

I don't know what all the whining and complaining is about.

B P

It's going to be a real mess to do. I was looking at the same challenge. Whoever approved this change should be fired. I did the drag and drop for the sleds for start and end. As we all know it just gives you the shortest route. I didn't necessarily want the shortest route so I did my start in Port Severn and put stop point at the very first trail intersection. That way there would only be one possible route A to B. Went back to the dark ages and wrote down the distance and trail number. Then I dragged the sleds with a start point of B and an end point of C which would be the next intersection. Wrote down that information and kept repeating the process. Instead of taking a few minutes to map out a 160km trip it took me likely about an hour and when all was done I still didn't have the opportunity to print out a screen shot showing my full route highlighted.

That what I've got on my desktop computer, I can't choose map background only satellite, map not clickable and no distance measurement. I hope it only my lack

image.thumb.png.84568a608fd9d8e74b6eaf74d7840037.png

ITG.png

Print out a screen shot of the area of the map you want.  Get out a highlighter and draw your route.

6 minutes ago, Big Pussy said:

Print out a screen shot of the area of the map you want.  Get out a highlighter and draw your route.

Is it right way to do???

Hmmm! I know that looks a lot like what I see if I use internet explorer as my browser. There are all kinds of things missing since the OFSC told me at the sled show a couple of weeks ago they (stupidly believe) nobody uses internet explorer so they don't care. I need to use google chrome in order to work with the ITG. When I go in this is what I first see.

Capture1.JPG.218b03072a332a6b3ac6f86d88370b02.JPG

Up in the top right you can select the base map, zoom to a specific district (but you need to know the district number - they aren't shown on the map) and designated tours.

That's look better I don't like idea to use Chrome, but look like only way to do it

Thank's a lot

Firefox works fine.

9 minutes ago, Big Pussy said:

Bottom line it's a major step backwards from what we had. Normally when you roll out a new version it has all the former functionality with added enhancements. This doesn't come close.

An example of the pain in the butt stupidity of the ITG. I want to travel from Port Severn to H&H Resort at the end of trail 21. I drop my sled icon on the start point and the end point. It shows me a route in blue and a distance. It's the SHORTEST route which I don't want to run. It includes quite a bit of lake running which I don't want to do. Especially if the ice isn't safe. I want to route along the portion I have manually highlighted in yellow but it doesn't give me that option. That's something I could do easily in the previous version. It doesn't give me the total distance of my preferred route either.

Heck... let's all stop using Windows and go back to using MS-DOS after all that is essentially what Windows does for you. Click on something and it executes a DOS command.

Capture1.JPG.f62355616fa4f321519893c86139646c.JPG

Archived