FXR FAST Suits

signfan

Anybody have any first hand experience with these?  Are they warm for trail riding?  Last Floater suit I had was a FOX Leather Floater suit and it was cold.  Before that was the Mustang Ice Rider which was even colder.  Would love to try a floater again, but would be pissed to drop the $$ on one just to find it wasn't warm.

I’ve had two and no cold issues with them at all, had a zipper break and got the jacket replaced from FXR last year. 

X2

I have the team fx jacket ,very warm.You can buy last years models online at a really good price.

Have been using FXR suits for the last 6 years with no problems whatsoever get last years models either at toronto show, or i got mine at the black friday sale almost 1/2 price

If you're willing to ride wearing FXR Real Tree patterened suits, they sell for about a third the price of the standard colors online.  For a third the price, I'm the guy you'll see wearing white real tree jacket and black real tree pants. Ya laugh, but the two top end models cost me less than 1 jacket. 

I'll tell you after this year's northern trip if they are warm,  as I always manage to plan our trip during a cold spell.

Been using FXR suites for a good number of years and been very happy with it.  Good at -35 in Cochrane and with a low windshield and a layer underneath.  Like the removable liner as when it's close to zero, it's too warm.  Had the Mustang Ice Rider before FXR and was happy with it as well - FXR was a bit cheaper than corresponding Mustang when I was shopping.

I used to have an Ice Rider floater. yes they are somewhat warm, their downfall is moisture builds up in them if you start sweating, then they get cold because they are damp. in 2009 paid good dollars for a Klim bottoms and jacket, best purchase ever. Still using same suit today, so investment over that many years was best buy. It started to pass rain a few seasons ago and talked to Klim about how to recoat rain resistance...told me to hand wash and get oil film off it, then dry it with warm setting in dryer not hot to reactivate its resistance. if that didn't work they would replace. it did work, so still wearing it. It is real warm as i ride 90% standing and yes in -35 to -40 you need layers.

14 hours ago, Gadgetman said:

If you're willing to ride wearing FXR Real Tree patterened suits, they sell for about a third the price of the standard colors online.  For a third the price, I'm the guy you'll see wearing white real tree jacket and black real tree pants. Ya laugh, but the two top end models cost me less than 1 jacket.

I'll tell you after this year's northern trip if they are warm,  as I always manage to plan our trip during a cold spell.

How can we laugh if we can't see you?

:)

On 10/10/2017 at 12:48 PM, lastzrt said:

How can we laugh if we can't see you?

:)

Waiting for the reaction that first morning I walk out of the hotel to start our week long trip. But, after a new studded track, shock tuning, powder coated part of the skid, I had to save money somewhere. Last winter the last day in NB it rained hard all day, found out that the Choko jacket isn't water proof, or even very resistent either. it took almost a week to dry it was so soaked. 

20170301_131807.jpg

I got the FXR adrenaline jacket and team pants two seasons ago and found them to be amazing. Always warm even at -30 and if it warms up just open up all the vents on it. Also was caught in a bit of rain a couple times and water never got in. one of a few good investments. Go to royal or some place that will let you try some one so you know your size then just get at the sled show from royal at sale/no tax pricing. And hope you dont get that B!&$h manager from the Barrie royal store. Shes a royal see you next tuesday! 

Archived