Trail Closures

signfan

Any word on whether the following links that had issues last year will be re-opened this year or not

E - south of Harcourt 

E-102 south of Eganville

Trail between Barry's Bay and Eganville

others???

E 102 from Eganville to Griffith should be open the club has found a new route to get around lockouts. Just now dealing with a property that's for sale , owner said if it does not sell we are still good .If it does sell we go from there , we have options but don't have the money to change more trail this year

Lots of changes from Killaloe to Eganville but open, but the rail bed between Killaloe and Wilno is CLOSED . So down the road for a few km is the only way.

2 hours ago, signfan said:

That's positive news!!!

Yeah but someone will screw up the new route couple weeks into season. :-(

10 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

Yeah but someone will screw up the new route couple weeks into season. :-(

And that would be the negative.  Let's try being a little less pessimistic in this site for a change.

34 minutes ago, signfan said:

And that would be the negative.  Let's try being a little less pessimistic in this site for a change.

Hopefully people respect the land owners and wildlife. I always like taking my time when I see deer near on the trail. Same thing with people walking on the trail, always nice to slow down and give them space. Cross our fingers for a trouble free land owner relations winter for a change. Bring on the snow.

Not to derail this topic, however if trail location is not known or going to be re-routed, how does affect GPS mapping ?

The club GPS's the new trail, and submits it to OFSC.  That is used to update the 'interactive' guide and eventually, Trakmaps.  Last year, Trakmaps updated the Ontario maps seven times over the season.

As for E trail south of Harcourt, club is awaiting MNR work permit approval for the re-route.  They have been very slow to deal with the permit request and the MNR has decided that a biologist must do a Species at Risk Act assessment before one would be issued.  The request has been pending since May 2016.

12 hours ago, sledjunk said:

The club GPS's the new trail, and submits it to OFSC.  That is used to update the 'interactive' guide and eventually, Trakmaps.  Last year, Trakmaps updated the Ontario maps seven times over the season.

oh I see.... that must be why trakmaps says you can update yr map free for a year

thanks for the info

C trail from falconbridge Rd to the railroad tracks is closed in sudbury.

In simple terms, from chateau guy to garson is closed.

Screenshot_2017-10-10-08-58-52.png

8 hours ago, soupkids said:

C trail from falconbridge Rd to the railroad tracks is closed in sudbury.

In simple terms, from chateau guy to garson is closed.

What's happening with this? (thanks for the map Blake)

Chateau Guay/Moonlight are fantastic to stage from. 'Just right' distance from GTA imo. Hope that it re-opens.

(as Slomo said "what's happening"... and x2 on thx for original SK input and Blake's image)

On ‎07‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 1:32 PM, Viperules700 said:

Hopefully people respect the land owners and wildlife. I always like taking my time when I see deer near on the trail. Same thing with people walking on the trail, always nice to slow down and give them space. Cross our fingers for a trouble free land owner relations winter for a change. Bring on the snow.

Common sense to most people. We come across wildlife, people and horses. Typically people with their dogs step off to the side of the trail and hold their dog by the collar. Horses and people always move over to give us space. It's just right for us to slow down and give them space as well. I know of one trail that was closed because some snowmobilers refused to respect the horses that were on a trail that was part of the horse farm property and was their trail.

Well we are on the subject.. doesn't effect me since I'm seldless and don't love in the area anymore.

Since the Tweed club shut down last year. Anyone pick up thier trails?

50 minutes ago, dweese said:

Well we are on the subject.. doesn't effect me since I'm seldless and don't love in the area anymore.

Yes I believe district three did.  Or a neighbourghing club.

10 hours ago, Blake G said:

Screenshot_2017-10-10-08-58-52.png

That really throws a wrench in my plans to ride the two northern loops STP has staging at the moonlight.  Hopefully there's a solution to this closure.

3 hours ago, dweese said:

Percy Boom and Center Hastings....

14 hours ago, signfan said:

Yes I believe district three did.  Or a neighbourghing club.

That really throws a wrench in my plans to ride the two northern loops STP has staging at the moonlight.  Hopefully there's a solution to this closure.

No direct route to garson now, but you can still get there.

Won't really affect your northern rides.

I'll explain better once the ITG comes online.

Basically head north east till you get the railbed and you back on track.

13 hours ago, soupkids said:

No direct route to garson now, but you can still get there.

Won't really affect your northern rides.

I'll explain better once the ITG comes online.

Basically head north east till you get the railbed and you back on track.

Will it be signed marked and groomed or a goat path back to the C trail for us tourist's? I always liked the sudbury area. 

Signed, groomed, brushed, etc.

The reroute is an existing trail and has been for years.

On ‎13‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:43 PM, soupkids said:

Signed, groomed, brushed, etc.

The reroute is an existing trail and has been for years.

Good to here, since going cross country isn't as much fun, when you aren't real familiar with an area.

56 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

Good to here, since going cross country isn't as much fun, when you aren't real familiar with an area.

It's just a 35 km detour.  It works,  but not great.

Archived