BRP Warranty

signfan

Just bought a used sled.  It's a 2016 still under full warranty.  Got looking it over and the top hooks on the snow flap are snapped off.  Warranty item?  Or was this abuse (previous owner backed into a snow bank which they shouldn't have)?

Based on how tightly screwed down vehicle manufacturers warranty has become the last few years, I would say their answer was reasonable but that's just my humble opinion. Obviously you formed an opinion of what likely happened to cause the issue. Replacing the hooks is easier than dealing with a bent tunnel or tunnel extension I guess.

Yeah it's replacing the whole snow flap, not just hooks.  One of those things you don't notice, until you really get looking.  Wish I had caught it when buying the sled.

From doing wheelies Id bet.

39 minutes ago, reevester said:

From doing wheelies Id bet.

Skilies maybe.

15 minutes ago, signfan said:

If that's the case then it is a warranty issue.

That's not normal operating lol.

11 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Skilies maybe.

Indeed.

Bombardier Aero should have time to design some new hooks for you.

1 hour ago, signfan said:

Yeah it's replacing the whole snow flap, not just hooks.  One of those things you don't notice, until you really get looking.  Wish I had caught it when buying the sled.

I've got an old Yamahaha flap you can have. They just rivet to the tunnel.

Just purchase the new doo flap. It is critical for proper engine cooling and it is normal wear and tear. Dealer would never warranty a snow flap on a sled with 20,000 plus km's.

5 hours ago, signfan said:

20,000 Kim's???  Where did that come from?

Probably got this from your thread on Drivline bearings when you stated you bought a 2014 with 18000kms. Unless i read it wrong also.:wtf:

45 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Chicken fumes?

20479459_1830483103647679_6554366541852129048_n.jpg

9 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Chicken fumes?

Good one PLC - could be utilized to politely replace more commonly used expressions of disdain, disbelief, total nonsense, bull sh*t, etc.

"The latest snowtrax magazine once again spouted the usual chicken fumes advocating OFSC support for "freeriding". The chicken sh*ts who publish the magazine seem to think that freeriding is being blocked by an older demographic - typically those who stay on the trail, ride with courtesy, and respect people's property. The author suggests that the demand for freeriding is substantiated by increased discussion on social media - an assertion unsubstantiated by any type of supporting evidence. "

2 hours ago, slomo said:

Good one PLC - could be utilized to politely replace more commonly used expressions of disdain, disbelief, total nonsense, bull sh*t, etc.

"The latest snowtrax magazine once again spouted the usual chicken fumes advocating OFSC support for "freeriding". The chicken sh*ts who publish the magazine seem to think that freeriding is being blocked by an older demographic - typically those who stay on the trail, ride with courtesy, and respect people's property. The author suggests that the demand for freeriding is substantiated by increased discussion on social media - an assertion unsubstantiated by any type of supporting evidence. "

And that kinda magazine bullsh*t will be the ultimate demise of the trailriding sport..

Well said Slomo.  I have a feeder trail on my property so locals can access an OFSC trail and I groom it. If anyone free rides on my property or has a can on their sled  they will be free to ride the bare shoulder of the highway on their return home. (as with all others when I close the trail)

RW

5 hours ago, Running Wild said:

Just looking at my post above and may be getting of topic from original post.

RW

Yep, me too. However, jolted back to reality this morning by old sledhead's post in the Trail Closures thread -

"Lots of changes from Killaloe to Eganville but open, but the rail bed between Killaloe and Wilno is CLOSED . So down the road for a few km is the only way."

One of my favourite trails - probably lost for good. At least I've got some pictures

barrybaydeer01.thumb.JPG.e191ee8a43cb5b0a7b6da1bc9e48e8d5.JPG

barrybaydeer.thumb.JPG.06bc35e67694f55bccc0ed573b919a95.JPG

sign fan probably has his warranty figured out by the third or fourth post anyway...

On ‎08‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 8:44 AM, IQ TURBO said:

And that kinda magazine bullsh*t will be the ultimate demise of the trailriding sport..

Hard to stop no doubt. The younger generation wants to stand up and go fast and go wherever there sled can take them. Mind you not every younger rider is like this. Quebec must be doing something different. I heard they don't seem to have an off trail riding problem. Can anyone who has been there confirm this? I have never rode in quebec yet.

1 hour ago, Viperules700 said:

I have never rode in quebec yet.

You don't know what your missing.  Expensive though.  Now that the Ontario/Quebec linking trails are all but closed, a nice loop between the two is very hard to do.  OFSC must be trying to keep everyone in Ontario.

BP

2 hours ago, Big Pussy said:

You don't know what your missing.  Expensive though.  Now that the Ontario/Quebec linking trails are all but closed, a nice loop between the two is very hard to do.  OFSC must be trying to keep everyone in Ontario.

BP

There is still a link south of Pettawa, forget the name of the crossing. There is a brand new bridge across Ottawa river. Would be nice to cross there and enter back in around northbay (if that section is open again). Wait and see.  Would be a good two day loop no doubt. Hoping to make it to quebec this winter.

Archived