BLYTH ON. - COWBELL BREWING CO.

PISTON LAKE CRUISER

40035 Blyth Road (Corner of Hwy 4 and County Rd. 25).  Across the corner from the new Tim Hortons/gas bar.

Craft Brewery and restaurant in an amazing building. Restaurant open Sunday to Thursday 11-8, Friday & Saturday 11-11.

Really good food from soup to pizza, burgers and ribs. homemade and locally sourced where possible.

It's worth the trip just to see the building and brewing/bottling process which is open to viewing. They opened in early August and had 25,000 visitors the first month.

They advertise snowmobiles welcome on their website ( cowbellbrewing.com ) . Relatively easy to get to from the trails. It across the corner from where the Shell gas/Grandview restaurant used to be.

We were there for supper on a Fri night a few weeks ago.  It is still new, so may slow down, but we waited 45 mins for a table when we got there.   The brewery was closed for the day, but you can still  take a self guided tour around.  Both my wife and I thought it would be neat to go back sometime midweek when it is open and running

I had some of their beer at the Huron County tent at the Walton Plowing Match.  The Cowbell ale was very bitter to me but I liked their light beer.  That was the best spot at that Plowing Match.  If we get snow, I will take the boys there this winter for a lunch test.

BP

4 hours ago, Big Pussy said:

I had some of their beer at the Huron County tent at the Walton Plowing Match.  The Cowbell ale was very bitter to me but I liked their light beer.  That was the best spot at that Plowing Match.  If we get snow, I will take the boys there this winter for a lunch test.

BP

The light beer you had was likely called Shindig. I had one of them last Thursday night and really enjoyed it. They had 13 beers on tap and I believe she said they would have 31 on tap at some point. They have one beer from various other craft breweries on tap all the time.

Yes it was Shindig.

BP

5 hours ago, Big Pussy said:

BP

Great! Sounds like your offering to buy!!  :)

18 hours ago, Big Pussy said:

BP

13 hours ago, XTC500 said:

Great! Sounds like your offering to buy!!  :)

If that is the case, I will "meat" you there  :-)

19 minutes ago, Dave K said:

If that is the case, I will "meat" you there  :-)

Is that "meat" as in we will have pork ?

BP

1 hour ago, Big Pussy said:

Is that "meat" as in we will have pork ?

BP

Thats what I prefer everyone to have.

11 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

We will have to check this place out once and or if trails open this season..

IQ have some faith. Trails will be open by Christmas, and still open at March break

• 3 weeks later...

Rode my vstrom up to blyth on sunday,a very impressive place.Didnt eat lunch there but will have to go back and check it out.For a small town its pretty amazing.Someone spent a lot of money.

Archived