Online trail permits now available

Blake G

1 hour ago, Yukon Cornelious said:

More like permits never making it to the purchaser. Lost in the mail, stolen, undeliverable etc etc. This is a way for the OFSC to say you opted out of tracking . You can't use the excuse you didn't know you could track permits...

If you still need to file a Police Report and pay the replacement fee, then what do you really get for your $10 besides knowing that you really didn’t receive it?

Personally, I don’t think it should default to $10 tracking.

Preferably to be able to pick one or the other, side by side.  Buyer chooses.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bbakernbay said:

If you still need to file a Police Report and pay the replacement fee, then what do you really get for your $10 besides knowing that you really didn’t receive it?

Personally, I don’t think it should default to $10 tracking.

Preferably to be able to pick one or the other, side by side.  Buyer chooses.

All you have to do is call credit card company and tell them you never received the permits. They will do a quick investigation and if OFSC can't prove they were delivered a full refund is granted. Have to do it before you pay the statement though, 30 day limit from statement date to appeal purchases. This is why I think they want the tracking to prove the permits were received and then people can't appeal to get free permits. 

12 hours ago, Yukon Cornelious said:

More like permits never making it to the purchaser. Lost in the mail, stolen, undeliverable etc etc. This is a way for the OFSC to say you opted out of tracking . You can't use the excuse you didn't know you could track permits...

I wasn't referring to the $10 tracking fee Paul. I was referring to the processing $7.50  processing fee for the basic processing of the permit order. Last year the $7.50 processing fee was not charged to the permit buyer after the early purchase discount window elapsed. Either the OFSC absorbed the $7.50 processing fee on the higher priced permits OR based on volume numbers the 3rd party that received and processed the order waived the $7.50 processing fee on the anticipated much lower volume of permit sales expecting to make their revenue exclusively on the early season discounted permits. What I was told was the latter. The 3rd party WAS only charging the fee on the discounted permits last year.

2 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

I wasn't referring to the $10 tracking fee Paul. I was referring to the processing $7.50  processing fee for the basic processing of the permit order. Last year the $7.50 processing fee was not charged to the permit buyer after the early purchase discount window elapsed. Either the OFSC absorbed the $7.50 processing fee on the higher priced permits OR based on volume numbers the 3rd party that received and processed the order waived the $7.50 processing fee on the anticipated much lower volume of permit sales expecting to make their revenue exclusively on the early season discounted permits. What I was told was the latter. The 3rd party WAS only charging the fee on the discounted permits last year.

The 3rd party did not charge the customer but they did charge the OFSC. 

Also so checked with OFSC as to the requirements of the purchaser when a “tracked” permit sale is not received. They have confirmed there is no police report required and there would be no replacement fee either. 

31 minutes ago, Big Pete said:

The 3rd party did not charge the customer but they did charge the OFSC. 

Also so checked with OFSC as to the requirements of the purchaser when a “tracked” permit sale is not received. They have confirmed there is no police report required and there would be no replacement fee either. 

That is what it should be.

Thank you for clarifying the no-fee & no Police Report replacement procedure.

I received shipment notice with tracking number at 4am today...just removed the old sticker...very easy with a bit of WD 40

On ‎04‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:44 AM, bbakernbay said:

On ‎04‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:44 AM, bbakernbay said:

Should be that way on regular permits too. When you charge to a credit card and don't receive your merchandise, the credit card-company will do a quick investigation and credit you back without any hassle.

If you order two permits can you just pay one tracking fee and two processing fee's or do order's need to be tracked individually if shipped to the same address?

Ordered our Pass Wednesday evening at 6:00pm and pass arrived just now. That's quick. Now all we need is snow!

Ordered on the 1st and arrived on the 6th. Can't complain about that service.

Yes.  When I got my first Quebec permit a few years ago, I was elated that id did not expire in May, but rather expired in November.  We could ride all summer!!!!

2 hours ago, gobills said:

Have the permits always had an expiry date on them??  If they have i have never noticed until this year LOL

Years ago it was Dec 31 the following year. :) 

Permits ordered Oct 1 received both Oct 11th :D

3 hours ago, bbakernbay said:

Did you choose tracking or regular delivery?

Just regular .

Have to save a bit for fuel for the sleds.

The trail permits are now affixed to the sleds.... bring on the snow.

On 10/10/2017 at 3:26 PM, Yamaha Fan said:

Just got my Trail Pass in the mail ..

. It' Brown Goldish in color :rolleyes:

15076636296011831820082.jpg

I just got mine on the 10th ordered on the 1st, regular mail. We can be permit brothers lol. Hope you and everyone else on here had a great thanksgiving weekend. :) 

IMG_4582.jpg

Have a new sled coming, isn't at the dealer's yet.  If it's not here by Nov. 1  what can I do with out a VIN # for the early order permit?

I called the OFSC office today. All you get is automated recording telling you to go to the web site for permit info.

12 minutes ago, Fuse6 said:

Have a new sled coming, isn't at the dealer's yet.  If it's not here by Nov. 1  what can I do with out a VIN # for the early order permit?

I called the OFSC office today. All you get is automated recording telling you to go to the web site for permit info.

I'm pretty sure you can get the vin through your dealer they should be able to get it from the manufacturer.  If not I think you can enter pending and the put it in after you get it.

As for the ofsc phone service it's horrible. 

15 hours ago, Yamaha Fan said:

Hi SuperG  ... does that mean I get to do trail patrols with you?  :rolleyes:

You be the leader ... 

LOL, Yes for sure anytime you want to bud. 

10 hours ago, Fuse6 said:

Yes just put pending in both fields and your good to go. 

11 hours ago, Fuse6 said:

Use the old sled VIN # and place the order. When the new sled arrives you can update the VIN #

Just for the record,

1. Yes you can put "Pending" in the VIN and Licence fields in your profile and the system will process your order. This is illegal however as the permit has to be registered to a specific sled.
  2. Yes you can use your old VIN/Licence number to purchase this years permit. Could be illegal as you might not be the current registered owner if you have sold or traded the sled. Only the registered owner can complete the application form and accept the terms and conditions and Limitation of Liability.
  3. No you can not go back into your profile and add/amend the VIN/Licence to an existing sled in your profile. You have to add a new sled but then the permit stays attached to the existing sled in the profile. OFSC will not change it. Your District/Club can not change it. If OFSC changes it, they are condoning an illegal practice.
  4. If you use your old VIN/Licence number to purchase a permit, you must then go through the Transfer/Replacement process by completing the required form and paying the fee ($15.00)

To the best of my knowledge the permit system is an OFSC system not an MTO system. So unless OFSC has provided OPP with access to our system there is no practical way to check a permit on-trail. So in reality there is very little risk or consequence to doing 1 or 2 above.To me the biggest risk is if something should happen, like being involved in a serious accident. Police will check the permit and I have no idea what happens if the investigation shows the permit is not properly assigned to the sled. Would it nbe similar to driving your car with someone else's plate on it? I am sure some litigation lawyer would have a field day with that and what would your insurance say about an improperly permitted sled.

Archived