Online trail permits now available

Blake G

The system is working perfectly this morning.

$190.00 each for the season, plus $7.50 processing for a total of $197.50 per sled.

Had to deselect the "tracking" option to avoid paying an additional charge of $10 per permit.

https://permits.ofsc.on.ca/

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just ordered mine and some how added extra 10 bucks .:angry:

wrightonalan: Well at least you'll be able to track your permit.

It seems that "tracking included" is the default. Maybe a lot of people had issues receiving their permits in the mail last year.

6 minutes ago, Yamaha Fan said:

Hi Blake... sale started at 8am . Got my pass also. Number 17 to be exact. Be back in Canada when the snow flies :D.

Hello everyone on OC.

Hi Ty!

I got #65 at 8:46, #69 at 8:48, #75 at 8:55.

giphy-downsized.gif

6 minutes ago, Blake G said:

Well at least you'll be able to track your permit. It seems that "tracking included" is the default. Maybe a lot of people had issues receiving their permits in the mail last year.

https://giphy.com/gifs/funny-lol-TqRkEhK7Dnv6U?utm_source=media-link&utm_medium=landing&utm_campaign=Media Links&utm_term=https://www.facebook.com/

A lost permit during fulfillment still requires a police report, correct?

4 minutes ago, mcZEd382 said:

Yes. According to OFSC website the report Number, name of the recording Police Officer and email copy of your receipt. Check OFSC website for procedure.

8 minutes ago, mcZEd382 said:

Yes, but it is an online form, IIRC.  However, it also requires the payment for replacement permit.

24 minutes ago, Yamaha Fan said:

Hi Blake... sale started at 8am . Got my pass also. Number 17 to be exact. Be back in Canada when the snow flies :D.

Hello everyone on OC.

Correcting myself. Seems I'm number 15 at 8.08.27 am. 

Your order details are as follows:
DATE: 2017-10-01 08:08:27
ORDER ID: ORD-00015-UX5SOU

Wow ... there are 14 ppl ahead of me in 8 mins.

:) 

permit lost in mail.jpg

Well even at 4 mins after 8 I was #8. I was hoping for 007 but was just one short :( lol. 

C31F2242-EC38-471B-B48C-ED374B0D8B59.jpeg

I didn't check what numbers I got but our two permits are ordered and awaiting delivery. I almost missed opting out of the tracking option but caught it when I saw the total and looked back to see where the extra charge was coming from. Put the val tags on the sleds today and spent a bit of time polishing them up some more. Give me until the end of the month to get summer put away then bring on the snow.

Order 00355. Permits ordered on the same day as driving through our first snowstorm of the year. 

Ordered and ready for the upcoming season. Can't wait.

Carmen

Am I wrong or have the non-classic permits gone up by $10?

#413 now bring lots of snow!

20 minutes ago, paulslund said:

Am I wrong or have the non-classic permits gone up by $10?

They have, it was agreed at agm to a price increase of 10$. Submitted to the MTO for approval and well I guess they approved it. 

2 hours ago, 04nightfire said:

Can anyone else get onto the trail guide?  Still won't open for me

Not yet

The OFSC iSnowmobile app (Interactive Trail Guide) still works on my android phone. Darn trails are all red though.

21 hours ago, Blake G said:

The OFSC iSnowmobile app (Interactive Trail Guide) still works on my android phone. Darn trails are all red though.

Do you like the app?  Just went back to android this year after having a blackberry for a few years.  Reviews on Google Play are not stellar when it comes to the android version

They also IIRC never charged processing fee after Nov 1.  This year it is added at all times.

55 minutes ago, Dave K said:

They also IIRC never charged processing fee after Nov 1.  This year it is added at all times.

If I recall there was a negotiation with the 3rd party last year, that came down to the wire where they wanted a substantial increase to the processing fee. That was rumoured to be connected to them not getting a processing fee after the discounted permit period and their revenues would be based on the early discounted permit only. Perhaps this is the result of that negotiation which resulted in them not increasing the early season processing fee since they would collect a processing fee on all permits processed.

1 hour ago, 02Sled said:

If I recall there was a negotiation with the 3rd party last year, that came down to the wire where they wanted a substantial increase to the processing fee. That was rumoured to be connected to them not getting a processing fee after the discounted permit period and their revenues would be based on the early discounted permit only. Perhaps this is the result of that negotiation which resulted in them not increasing the early season processing fee since they would collect a processing fee on all permits processed.

More like permits never making it to the purchaser. Lost in the mail, stolen, undeliverable etc etc. This is a way for the OFSC to say you opted out of tracking . You can't use the excuse you didn't know you could track permits...

Archived