Another OFSC corporate position!!!

SuperG

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, signfan said:

I heard Ron Purchase on an interim basis.  Not as easy of a role to fill as many on here thought it would be. 

If the position was as overpaid as some have suggested, good candidates should be knocking down the door for a shot at it.

19 hours ago, Wildbill said:

Something is up 

I could probably find out but right now I'm so f'd with the whole thing I could care less

According to the OFSC website there aren't any current career opportunities available. It seems these days that for some roles it wouldn't be tough to do better than the incumbent. Particularly in the IT realm but you never know for sure unless you are on the inside. I do know that in a system outage of the scope and magnitude they just had that in the business world there would be significant job repercussions.  Maybe there were but if so, nobody seems to know if there were.

I really liked to OSFC presentation on MOTS where each district would have a manager at $70K to $80K per year.

Don't know where they got that idea.

D12 can't afford to go for a dump in the bush, (no money for TP) right now.

If current forecasting is accurate, D12 will be floating boobs up in 2 years.

On 12/1/2017 at 5:46 PM, soupkids said:

I really liked to OSFC presentation on MOTS where each district would have a manager at $70K to $80K per year.

That would be a direct consequence of the actions taken in Barrie. When you produce sales of 12000 permits and revenues of over 2.2 million dollars and your share of insurance based on those sales number is $450,000 and you are only retaining under 1 million to operate there is no reason money should be tight in district 12 beyond the OFSC mismanaging the funding.

On 12/1/2017 at 5:46 PM, soupkids said:

D10 as well 

Where do I sign up for the job... I'll do it.

What happened to the hiring of the Area or Regional Operations Managers?

MOTS looks like it has stalled Big Time, probably for the better as there were a lot of extra administration costs to run the lesser number of groomers more “efficiently”.

43 minutes ago, bbakernbay said:

What happened to the hiring of the Area or Regional Operations Managers?

MOTS looks like it has stalled Big Time, probably for the better as there were a lot of extra administration costs to run the lesser number of groomers more “efficiently”.

The membership voted in this crap, if so many people didn't like it, how did it ever pass anyways? 

25 minutes ago, catinental couch said:

Baaaad answer. Now you will have STG to contend with.

:rotflmao:

Can you imagine the amount of money and time that has been spent on MOTS to date with consultants, staff time, Reports, travel to Districts, etc. and what has all this produced to date in better trails and a more efficient grooming operation.

Granted, there has been some necessary rationalization in groomers but thankfully nowhere near the cutbacks that were originally proposed.

The OFSC needs to come to the realization that Trail Permit Fees need to increase on an annual basis and secondly that enforcement of freeloaders needs to be a high priority and that requires government legislative changes.

18 minutes ago, bbakernbay said:

Can you imagine the amount of money and time that has been spent on MOTS to date with consultants, staff time, Reports, travel to Districts, etc. and what has all this produced to date in better trails and a more efficient grooming operation.

Granted, there has been some necessary rationalization in groomers but thankfully nowhere near the cutbacks that were originally proposed.

The OFSC needs to come to the realization that Trail Permit Fees need to increase on an annual basis and secondly that enforcement of freeloaders needs to be a high priority and that requires government legislative changes.

It has been said by some that they don't care about enforcement and they don't want Trail Patrol they want Trail Ambassadors to give those riding without a permit a hug and hopefully they will see the error of their ways then buy a permit maybe.

I doubt that approach would work. Is that what they want, I don't know. What I do know is there is a committee reviewing the Trail Patrol program and revising it. That has been happening for quite some time. Where they are on that review, who knows.

I think MOTS as a whole is the way the OFSC needs to be run but I also think that growing pains are being felt much to fast.

Key OFSC positions that have been vacated or unable to be filled are not helping at all.

Some of the OFSC problems could be remedied by not making the positions based out of Barrie, lots of qualified people but not in Barrie.

Financial problems that where not anticipated are cropping up as well.

I think its time to stop funding new groomers so heavily and start investing in people. 

This 10 yr/5000 hr thing is a little overkill.

In D12 we have a dam good fleet of machines that are not at the 10 yr mark but at or over the 5000 hr mark.

I think spending the price of 2 new machines on a refurb program now would make good $$$ sense.

How many groomers could you refurb for $700 K, a lot a bet ya.

BTW  this is just my POV. 

1 hour ago, gobills said:

I sure wish that the OFSC was more open about what is going on inside, i.e.. better communication to the public.

why does everyone forget that the OFSC is the clubs, yours, mine etc.

27 minutes ago, soupkids said:

If you ask around you can find out when your district meeting is. I use to be able to find this info on the net for each district, but has vanished it seems. So not easy to attend meetings to see what is going on. Am I missing something? 

36 minutes ago, soupkids said:

We haven't forgotten but I think some of the former/present people in the Barrie office either forgot or didn't care about that fact.

30 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

If you ask around you can find out when your district meeting is. I use to be able to find this info on the net for each district, but has vanished it seems. So not easy to attend meetings to see what is going on. Am I missing something? 

Many clubs restrict attendance to their meetings. I somehow think district meetings are even more restrictive.

24 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

I went to Club, District and AGM’s for many years and I think I was dedicated to trying to improve the system but it is extremely difficult to do no matter your best intentions.  The District Governors should have the major influence but it seems they can’t wield their authority in an effective manner.  This is likely due to widespread geography, Infrequent meetings and the politics amongst the DG’s and of course the power of the Executive Director in managing this group.

It is very difficult to truly get things done at the AGM as it becomes more of a rubber stamp process.  I did feel empowered one year by bringing a motion on the Classic Permits to the floor and getting it approved by a good majority.

Things really seem to have gone badly in the last few years, particularly in the senior paid management with so many dismissals, poor hires, cutbacks and general mismanagement.

Don’t get me wrong, it is great to get involved but don’t think that by going to Club Meetings you are suddenly going to see the light.  Even at the District level it is really difficult to know what is really happening.

Obviously there appears to be a major void at the senior level of OFSC and something needs to happen soon before the ship sinks.

3 hours ago, 02Sled said:

It has been said by some that they don't care about enforcement and they don't want Trail Patrol they want Trail Ambassadors to give those riding without a permit a hug and hopefully they will see the error of their ways then buy a permit maybe.

I doubt that approach would work. Is that what they want, I don't know. What I do know is there is a committee reviewing the Trail Patrol program and revising it. That has been happening for quite some time. Where they are on that review, who knows.

Oh ya good luck getting any T.P enforcement tools with that OFSC D-6 governor Cheryl Reid! Shes big on the BS AMBASSADOR approach as shes part of that BS T.P committee. 

55 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

Oh your missing something alright lol :D 

Archived