Winter Rental house/cottage around Katrine/Burks Falls?

pete/ny

Hello. We are looking to rent for the Winter a house or cottage that's nearby the trails. There are 4 of us. The Lodges and Motels are to expensive to rent for the Winter. Anyone locally that may have a place to rent please email me at pkkaminski@hotmail.com.Thank you.

I applaud your initiative.

Make sure you investigate the trail status carefully in the immediate Katrine and Burk's Falls area, as last winter brought some trail closures - perhaps long term.....

Thank you. We have been renting for many Years a nice 3 bedroom house right across from Dayspring cottages. The Owner just sold it and we are awaiting the new owners decision on whether they are going to rent it out. The buyers are from TO so I assume they be snowbobilers also and that would be it. We are aware of the trail problems ( like elsewhere) and hopefully it can be resolved. Thanks again.

2 hours ago, pete/ny said:

Thank you. We have been renting for many Years a nice 3 bedroom house right across from Dayspring cottages. The Owner just sold it and we are awaiting the new owners decision on whether they are going to rent it out. The buyers are from TO so I assume they be snowbobilers also and that would be it. We are aware of the trail problems ( like elsewhere) and hopefully it can be resolved. Thanks again.

Good luck, if you are in area this winter. Feel free to post up and maybe some of us can join you for a ride.  Cheers.

20 hours ago, pete/ny said:

Hello. We are looking to rent for the Winter a house or cottage that's nearby the trails. There are 4 of us. The Lodges and Motels are to expensive to rent for the Winter. Anyone locally that may have a place to rent please email me at pkkaminski@hotmail.com.Thank you.

Would you want to go any further north - say to somewhere between North Bay and Mattawa on the trail? I may have some information after (Canadian) Thanksgiving - have to visit a place.

10 hours ago, pete/ny said:

Most who are buying don't sled.  Best of luck.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a friend that just bought a cottage in Kearney right at intersection of D and D123. 2 bdrm cottage. Just figuring out what rate will be. Looking for responsible renters for a seasonal rental preferably. Will keep you posted

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if you're interested in buying, 

There's a house for sale on Rain Lake Rd, just past the Catholic church in Kearney. D trail runs right behind the property. 

House needs a total redo, but has great bones. Two car heated garage, bunkie, detached workshop on about 3 acres. 

If interested I can give you the selling agents contact info..

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. If that one doesn’t work for you, my friend has one in Kearney right on D123 to rent for the season. No trails in or out of Katrine this year 

Update. New trail 306 through Burk’s falls thru Katrine, however lots of road riding

9 hours ago, Giddy UP said:

Update. New trail 306 through Burk’s falls thru Katrine, however lots of road riding

Better then nothing and usually roads are ok to ride in area if they are secondary ones.

Archived