Groomer spotted

Muskoka Man

Seen this ebert welding truck hauling a new tractor and drag going south on hwy 11 around the kearney area 

20170914_173216.jpg

Not part of the OFSC procurement program. Prinoth and Case IH w Soucy tracks the only option for the next 3 yrs. 

Tractor with no tracks installed and not much in the way of brush guards that I can see. May be delivering the drag to one customer and the tractor to a farmer somewhere

MAN I still have no particular love for tractors for grooming up in these parts.  Groomer guy is one tough SOB, with the terrain he's got ... always on flat tires, minimal track surface compared to a Husky, appears to have a higher center of gravity .... all the makings of a sketchy day grooming in the hills near the Big Lake.  Kap Sno Rovers have had multiple flats last season too ... I just don't see a particular advantage to them other than dollars on the purchase price.  Just my opinion.  Maybe on flatland country they're a good tool ...

Hailburton forest purchases units like that, but usually have tracks though.

Saw Ebert truck at Convention site.  Not sure if it is the same one though.

• 2 weeks later...

They Where at the AGM, that's where it was heading.     We are seing them get more flats now because many groomers now have old worn tires, also we learned that you have to clean out all the snow after every trip or ice will form and the small tires will rub on the ice.    they are good machines,

Archived