Gowganda Lake Lodge

Muskoka Man

Packed up and left the muskokas for 4 days of biking at our site sponsor Gowganda Lake Lodge .calling for sunny days and warm .great to see our hosts Ron and Giselle again .

20170908_152106.jpg

This is the gas station in Elk Lake .we did Gowganda to elk lake and back .cant say enough about the quad trails here 

Endless and smooth .been riding them for years and still.coming back for more

20170909_151407.jpg

Is the gas depot located out at the corner where you turn west to Gowganda?

Thx for the ATV ride report. Gas station info also appreciated, although we always fuel up at Gowganda Lake Lodge.

I recall Ron and Giselle mentioned that the best fishing is accessed via ATV trails to lake (they have boats strategically placed. So many fish that even the site admin, LMV, could catch one :-P ).

Never thought the ATV system would be so well developed. 

Great info. Thanks.

• 3 months later...
On 9/11/2017 at 5:09 PM, Canuck said:

Thx for the ATV ride report. Gas station info also appreciated, although we always fuel up at Gowganda Lake Lodge.

I recall Ron and Giselle mentioned that the best fishing is accessed via ATV trails to lake (they have boats strategically placed. So many fish that even the site admin, LMV, could catch one :-P ).

Never thought the ATV system would be so well developed. 

Great info. Thanks.

I think with the logging & mining in the area over the years there are a LOT of trails in the area.

I seem to recall seeing a video from the Lesters or Polaris that mentioned riding from Sportsmans to Gowganda. It sounded like it was a 'package' involving the businesses, but couldn't really find anything on the obvious websites. That would be a fun ride up there w/ the Ranger sometime.

We did a run to shining tree and back also .awsome trails to say the least .lots of old gold mines .silver mines .huge logging operations .bring a gps for sure as there so many trails to explore .been going for years now and never ran them all 

20171001_153836.jpg

20171001_103108.jpg

2 hours ago, Muskoka Man said:

We did a run to shining tree and back also .awsome trails to say the least .lots of old gold mines .silver mines .huge logging operations .bring a gps for sure as there so many trails to explore .been going for years now and never ran them all 

20171001_153836.jpg

20171001_103108.jpg

Nice pics, MM.  Just out of interest, how many kms (and how long) was it to ride out to Shining Tree and back?

We took the ATVs to GLL a few years ago, but rode trails  generally around the Gowganda area, rather than venturing that far away, as we weren't that familiar with the web of trails in the broader region.

Its a full day there and back .about 110 ks .but smooth trails all the way .Ron will give his gps with the run on it if u need .we go twice a summer .trying to put pics of my pickeral catches from the back lakes .but the upload keeps saying failed 

5 hours ago, Muskoka Man said:

Its a full day there and back .about 110 ks .but smooth trails all the way .Ron will give his gps with the run on it if u need .we go twice a summer .trying to put pics of my pickeral catches from the back lakes .but the upload keeps saying failed 

Thanks, MM...good info.  Doesn't surprise me that Ron would do that...he and Giselle are very good to their guests.

I've cleaned (or watched you clean) dozens of fish.  A frickin' assembly line.

Sledding in southwestern Ontario is on my '18 bucket list. Will keep ya posted if near Kitchener. Drop me a line if you're ever in the GTA. 

Hope all is well and that you're staying out of trouble.

On December 17, 2017 at 10:22 AM, irREVerent said:

Nice pics, MM.  Just out of interest, how many kms (and how long) was it to ride out to Shining Tree and back?

We took the ATVs to GLL a few years ago, but rode trails  generally around the Gowganda area, rather than venturing that far away, as we weren't that familiar with the web of trails in the broader region.

Are side by sides welcomed in that area? Would love to explore that area soon....

They are the perfect machine for gowganda ,it is all crown there ,if you google earth it you will see what I mean you are in between elk lake and shining tree ,basically nowhere ,so no paases or anything like that ,just ride ,no sure what kind of material the trail base is made of but after many years of being abandoned from mining they are in mint shape ,no washouts ,just ride for days 

Archived