Engine Compartment Cleaning

signfan

Simple Green.

BP

I just wash mine out once a season using hot water pressure washer. Set temp at about 130 F  and use a low pressure 600 Psi nozzle with a 4 gpm flow rate. It is sparkling clean in a few minutes. I wash clutches and everything. I always cover air box assembly with a garbage bag, and run sled after I am done, to dry it out faster. 

On 2017-09-08 at 5:59 PM, snowchopper said:

"Super Clean" works well. Comes in a purple jug /bottle It is a degreaser. Can be found at walmart/candian tire  in spray bottle size or 4 litre jug. Not too expensive

Super clean really does work well for me too

Have you had any discolorization issues with super clean?  Read their website and they are saying to keep it away from aluminum and glass along with any chrome.  Also avoid painted and powder coated surfaces.  Lots of aluminum on a sled and lots of it is powder coated.    

I have read that but have never had an issue 

i don't use a heavy application either 

I've never diluted it before I just spray some on a rag and wipe clean what is greasy or covered in belt dust

On ‎10‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 3:05 PM, signfan said:

Have you had any discolorization issues with super clean?  Read their website and they are saying to keep it away from aluminum and glass along with any chrome.  Also avoid painted and powder coated surfaces.  Lots of aluminum on a sled and lots of it is powder coated.    

I used it on my yellow Mxz's to clean all the belt dust off the underside of the hood and belly pan area.I also used it to clean the 2 stroke exhaust stain off the right exterior portion of the belly pan. It never discolored the belly pan.  I also used it on the painted trailing arms to remove the exhuast stain and it never disclored the arms.My friend used it on his red Mxz and it never discolored it either. BUT if you spray it directly on the bare aluminum of your tunnel it will show streaks,run marks. You can clean your bare tunnel but what i do is wet it down and keep it wet , before spraying the cleaner on.This is kinda like diluting it 50/50 i guess. Rinse off with water immediately after cleaning.  If you are unsure of using this stuff try it in a small concealed spot before using it on a big panel. Hope this helps.  

Archived