Trail 4 and rail trail back up plan??

Just wondering if anyone on here has any first hand knowledge if trail 4 will be open this year as the dam is under construction still??  Im only asking as this job was set to be done in the spring and its not even close yet.

Also just curious if there is a backup plan if the 2 bridges that are being rebuilt and in turn directing traffic onto the rail trail b103 for roughly 2 kms.  They say December but we all know construction is almost always delayed due to various circumstances.

http://www.myhaliburtonnow.com/19815/haliburton-rail-trail-used-detour-route-road-closure/

wait and see. I always avoid this area if I can, since in past wasn't much fun riding the shoulder of bobcaygon road for miles. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yes to Horseshoe Lake Road is now open in both directions so we should be good. 

Re. B103:  I understand that follow up with County Officials indicates the trail should be free of 4 wheel traffic prior to near peak season grooming.  Regardless it's only 2-3km and shoulder berms temporarily have worked in the past.

My understanding is there is a major repair project being planned for the B trail floating bridge at Big Hawk Lake.  Check Facebook the website for details and spread the word as I'm sure volunteers are appreciated.

Hey 1011 Bernies why did you change your signature? Nice to see an HCSA director back on OC though. Will you be taking Livins place with updates?

I'm here!! I've never left OC or do I plan to!! Been working a little more than I have been used to, but kinda needed to keep busy. Technology is a bugger, you can change your name on anything on the web but your history follows you! Good catch on that jrhz06, did someone tip you off? LOL. Gobills, Thank You for being supportive of me. I will reserve further comments on the postings of our new/old member until over the weekend when I have some time. I will be posting trail conditions as I see them this year, along with the usual cast of characters that have done so in the past!!

Livin'

Archived