Hey Trail Map

Dave K

1 hour ago, 02Sled said:

Friends of ours just moved to Orillia. They don't know it yet but their driveway will likely be my new staging spot since they are right on the water on Cedar Island Road.... across their lawn and onto the ice.

That would be perfect.  Right on Couchiching

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

That would be perfect.  Right on Couchiching

It will be indeed. They may even find themselves with the occasional overnight guest as well. It's great to have good friends.

That would be awesome! Thx 04

I just checked the ITG again. The trails aren't even showing up on map. I noticed you can see the whole map though.

25 minutes ago, thetorches said:

I just checked the ITG again. The trails aren't even showing up on map. I noticed you can see the whole map though.

Good, it's not just me with this issue. They must be tweaking the maps.

Slippery slope? From:

http://blog.evouala.com/en/article/2017-03-01-snowmobile_trail_map 

Application goals

The eVouala online mapping platform is used to inform snowmobilers about trail conditions, point of interest locations and the shortest path between origin-destination points. One of the useful features of this application is the trail status, which is automatically updated by the snow grooming machine activities. It allows snowmobile clubs to publish the number of days the last grooming of the trails occured without needing to intervene manually.

The application built using the eVouala platform allows snowmobile federation administrators to update their trail map themselves (while respecting topological rules), to manually change the trail opening status, add points of interest (gas stations, grocery stores, convenience stores, motels, restaurants, shelters) and even help club funding by letting them add advertising.

(not necessarily the clubs that could do this....maybe you will be able to buy the deluxe trail pass which enables map use without all those troublesome advertisements....sort of like reading around them in those magazines....)

1 hour ago, slomo said:

Slippery slope?

"O ye of little faith." LOLOL

Other sayings also come to mind.

"Hope for the best but plan for the worst. "

"The proof is in the pudding."

Proximity advertising.  Ads will likely pop up as you get close to Tim Horton's (groan). Annoying as heck.

The Great Northern Loop

gnl.jpg

Just got back from the snowmobile show and one of the topics of conversation for a lot of people was the ITG. When I asked the people at the OFSC booth which doesn't really jump out at you since it primarily consists of a Prinooth Groomer and a sign about buy your permit now and ride they were of little to no help. The standard answer about everything was... it's a work in progress and it will take time. I asked about the option to build your own route rather than the shortest.... a work in progress. I asked about the 1/3 screen of instructions on how to use it that you can't get rid of and he cited liability concerns. I tried to clarify I wasn't talking about the disclaimer Terms and Conditions that pops up and you have to click on that goes away but the instructions on how to navigate the map. He never really understood what I was asking I don't think. He explained that they were way behind schedule and rather than delay it any further they released it as is and cited companies do this all the time. Not quite. They may put out a software release that may have a few flaws that were missed in testing but they sure don't release a product that is definitely inferior to the existing one, far from complete let alone a couple of fixes and say it's a work in progress.

2 hours ago, Blake G said:

The Great Northern Loop

gnl.jpg

Now we're talking! Too funny, Blake.

Great feedback, 02Sled. 

Archived