Hey Trail Map

Dave K

Its after September 1st.  Time for you to come back online.  I am ready to start planning some trips. :-)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You must be a swamy to know where the snow is going to be.

BP

I also glanced at the interactivce guide sept. 2nd. Not necessarily for 'trip planning' on a specific date, but to determine where the trail went in the Britt/Byng Inlet area (more of a curiosity thing, given the extensive highway 400 construction over the past couple of years).  Snow seems to bypass that area (and Killarney), so if you're gonna go, it'll be on short notice.

The interactive guide is up and running.

The phone app worked all summer for me.....

28 minutes ago, Blake G said:

The phone app worked all summer for me.....

The trail status still shows closed does it?

I just tried it and it says it is still down. 

10 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

I just tried it and it says it is still down. 

There was a pre-September 1st desktop computer message, but it worked on September 2nd. As Yukon notes, a bunch of red lines LOL. 

Today, back to the old message : With all trails unavailable at this time, the ITG will be offline until September 1, 2017.

Maybe it crashed from all the usage at once.

BP

Just went to site and it states it is offline til Oct. 1.

http://www.ofsc.on.ca/content/experience 

Hoping there's a sneak peak at a new feature laden release at AGM. Real trip planning, more staging areas, more POI's, ability to download planned GPX files, oooh that would be nice. :-)

4 hours ago, mcZEd382 said:

Hoping there's a sneak peak at a new feature laden release at AGM. Real trip planning, more staging areas, more POI's, ability to download planned GPX files, oooh that would be nice. :-)

x2

Hopefully it comes back before the seasonal permits are required. I want to see how many local trails will be left in my area and see if it is same as last year or less. 

Thanks, I needed that!

On 9/9/2017 at 0:49 PM, mcZEd382 said:

Was looking for a flying pig emoticon...  this will have to do  :coffeespit:

On 9/11/2017 at 2:40 PM, schmied said:

Was looking for a flying pig emoticon...  this will have to do  :coffeespit:

Best laugh of the week so far. Thanks. Now here's our little guy.

geico-mobile-app-when-pigs-fly-large-6.j

On ‎09‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 10:50 PM, Viperules700 said:

Hopefully it comes back before the seasonal permits are required. I want to see how many local trails will be left in my area and see if it is same as last year or less. 

So are you saying that if the local trails have decreased or changed you aren't buying a permit? I really don't understand your post.

16 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

So are you saying that if the local trails have decreased or changed you aren't buying a permit? I really don't understand your post.

I'am debating this year, since I only rode for 4 days last year (not one local ride, since I don't have easy access to trail system anymore, since St Agatha trail is officially closed and access over to the baden one is tough now (requires road and ditch running). Probabily do a week in Ontario and a week in Quebec. So will buy a weekly permits when we go for a change. Probabily do a weekend in forest too, since I have family in Hailburton and trails are always guaranteed smooth in there.

4 hours ago, Viperules700 said:

I'am debating this year, since I only rode for 4 days last year (not one local ride, since I don't have easy access to trail system anymore, since St Agatha trail is officially closed and access over to the baden one is tough now (requires road and ditch running). Probabily do a week in Ontario and a week in Quebec. So will buy a weekly permits when we go for a change. Probabily do a weekend in forest too, since I have family in Hailburton and trails are always guaranteed smooth in there.

You might want to brush up on your math

The "ride free weekend Ontario" , then "ride free weekend Quebec" plus "per use" OFSC passes discussion came up a few times this summer (Britt, Ont. where boat is seems to be in a 'low snow' zone. Folks leaning towards per use passes).

This forum has diehard sledders. Heck, I bought 2 passes last year and only used one sled. That was a choice..wife enjoys cottage sledding more than northern adventures and we didn't have consistent snow @ cottage. In fact, last season had some of the oddest freeze/melt frequency I can remember.

We assume that for someone with $ thousands invested in a sled, a season pass is a no brainer and the seasonal purchase is a given - but it isn't. 

As riders get older (what is the 'average' in Ontario - creeping up?) and "warmer climates" are an option...a la carte passes will gain favour. Florida in January; Feb on trails. I'll keep buying annual..but others? Hope so.

"Trail pass", "ski pass", "gym pass" - folks will always do the math (as they should).

4 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

You might want to brush up on your math

One week in Ontario is only 120 dollars. Could pick the best week, go ride for awhole week and park the sled for the rest of the season.  Then I can do a week in quebec as well, maybe line up with the free weekend, then I only need a 3 day permit which is 120 and ride 5, (quebec is separate from Ontario).  Early pass is still a good deal for most sledders. Just a real kicker the local trails are gone. Kind of taking fun out of the sport having to trailer to ride for an evening. Between myself and my neighbour (sledder too, we have a huge area to ride without a permit anyway's for evening fun, so can't really see me trailing for an evening ride.

4 hours ago, Canuck said:

The "ride free weekend Ontario" , then "ride free weekend Quebec" plus "per use" OFSC passes discussion came up a few times this summer (Britt, Ont. where boat is seems to be in a 'low snow' zone. Folks leaning towards per use passes).

This forum has diehard sledders. Heck, I bought 2 passes last year and only used one sled. That was a choice..wife enjoys cottage sledding more than northern adventures and we didn't have consistent snow @ cottage. In fact, last season had some of the oddest freeze/melt frequency I can remember.

We assume that for someone with $ thousands invested in a sled, a season pass is a no brainer and the seasonal purchase is a given - but it isn't. 

As riders get older (what is the 'average' in Ontario - creeping up?) and "warmer climates" are an option...a la carte passes will gain favour. Florida in January; Feb on trails. I'll keep buying annual..but others? Hope so.

"Trail pass", "ski pass", "gym pass" - folks will always do the math (as they should).

I understand what you are saying but if I read correctly on the OFSC site, there are no 7 day or 3 day passes anymore. You pay $35.00 per day for the number of days you want the pass for. So if that is correct an early purchased season pass is only $5.00 more that buying 5 individual days of passes. If my calculations and pricing are correct, it would seem to be a no brainer to buy an early season pass based on Viper's tentative riding plans.

20 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I understand what you are saying but if I read correctly on the OFSC site, there are no 7 day or 3 day passes anymore. You pay $35.00 per day for the number of days you want the pass for. So if that is correct an early purchased season pass is only $5.00 more that buying 5 individual days of passes. If my calculations and pricing are correct, it would seem to be a no brainer to buy an early season pass based on Viper's tentative riding plans.

Well if the week pass is gone, I guess I will have to go two weeks in quebec then. Americans are going to be really frustrated when they arrive and realize the 7 day pass isn't available. What is the ofsc thinking? Quebec offers a one day, 3 day and a 7 day pass. 

On ‎14‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 9:30 PM, Viperules700 said:

Well if the week pass is gone, I guess I will have to go two weeks in quebec then. Americans are going to be really frustrated when they arrive and realize the 7 day pass isn't available. What is the ofsc thinking? Quebec offers a one day, 3 day and a 7 day pass. 

Once again you haven't checked thing out. This coming year a 3 day Quebec permit is $130.00 vs. Ontario at $105.00. &  7 day permits in Quebec will be $215.00 and in Ontario $245.00. Evens out pretty well I'd say. The nice thing about the Ontario deal is you can buy for the exact # of days you are going to ride with minimum of 2 days. The early buy season permit is a great deal any way you cut it. Oh, by the way, an early buy permit in Quebec this year is $315.00

Archived